• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
That Psycho ****** video was pretty funny at some times. But surprisingly decent at others.

Real talk though, we gotta implement hop-> hop-> dair as an out of shield option. It's clearly Snake's best aerial attack.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
fair can be useful.

i sometimes foil edgeguards with it.

just make sure you start it up when you're in between being in a bubble, and being on screen.

you're opponent actually has no chance to react lolol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha i love using fair on peach when she's in float :3 it's soooooo good <3

I also have read ppls jump to fair to FF to PS to uptilt...several times in a match. It's hilarious to see.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what frame does snake leave the ground from jumping? 9 or 10?

Wow. Jumping out of shield is dumb. Dair is his fastest option, it can DIed out of, but shield drop -> ftilt is like the same amount of time and guaranteed damage (can kill) and larger range. Uh... When is it ever safe to jump out of shield as snake? Drop shield seems so much better giving his stupid tilt ranges.

I'll never be able to Bair Marth.
I'm always facing forwards toward tilt
Where did this phrase come from?

Depends how you want to go about describing it.

Dtilt's hitbubbles are spread out to cover a wider area horizontally.
Snake's Ftilt on the other hand has a huge hitbubble vertically.
Also, Ftilt is far more disjointed than Dtilt is.
From the same position in a neutral stand, dtilt hits further away than ftilt does.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
What do you all have to say about the Toon link matchup? I normally camp, but I find I have to rushdown Toon Link (similar to Olimar) and pressure him down especially on his landing after his campfest, Texas has good toon links, and Louisiana travels here too so I've had to play Hyro and Jerm a lot. Its a matchup I have trouble with... any suggestions? :o

Attila_

BRoomer
i've always found it better to camp him, especially from below platforms.

you only rush in after limiting his landing options; he's got a blind spot diagonally below him (boomerang doesn't count because it's cancelled by dash attack and utilt/ftilt).

evade projectiles with movements, not dodges. there's plenty of time to move out of the way and respond with a long lasting projectile of your own.

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
Why are snake's grenade considered so good? They have a 3 second timeout and can hurt you... I don't get why people appraise it.

Attila_

BRoomer
grenades occupy large zones of space and completely limit your opponents options.

doing that effectively for long periods is difficult, though.

Top Bottom