• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
My only complaint is the BAWWWWING over Wavedashing and L-cancelling being gone. There's no logical reason why they should have been brought back.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually like it without it. Its more even play between players. Anybody has a shot at winning instead of key players. Tournaments are going to be different, because most of the time you go and there is that one guy who wins every time,a nd you automatically know he's going to win. With Brawl... you probably won't know at all.

I like that. :)

Plus, I have had a head start at Brawl and I'm like ahead of 90% of the world! Bwaha!

Nuvia

Smash Ace
All the speculation annoys me.

I have no problems with the game worth mentioning.

Dais

Smash Cadet
I just talked to my local gamestop and the dude told me they weren't even getting/selling Brawl the 9th. He told me I could buy it Monday the 10th. They should do a Midnight release, but they don't even have it the day it comes out! That sucks big-time. I could drive to Birmingham (the nearest place that carry video games) but its an hour drive and I imagine they will all be sold-out unless you have it pre-ordered. So I guess I'll have to wait a Whole Extra Day! Anyone else have this problem? If you haven't asked your local game store you should. Your store may suck like mine does.

jamin686

Smash Rookie
My only complaint from what I've seen is that Toad isn't a playable character. I couldn't really care less about the lack of the advanced techniques. It's a completely new ballgame.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
OMG WHY ISNT ISAAC IN IM SO PISSED OF U DUNT EVEN NO HOW ANRGY I AM.

Sure ROB saved video games and stuff but Isaac is more important cuz we neeeed golden sun rep u no?

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I should've figured brawl would have flaws.
most of the concepts in brawl are great additions.
SSE, Online, hay, i even like the idea of stickers and even the chronicles section

too bad bonus mode did not make this time(k0 64-640pts, merciful master,ect.)
i actually played it more often than cion mode. i didn't even get the trophy for 100matches until last year and i only played it to get a trophy.

worst addition to brawl: tripping makes exploding crates seven more predictle. leave the mistakes to the players and not the game itself.

not all flaws add dept or humor to gameplay

oh yeah, to complainers complaining about complainers , get over yourself
creating a new thread does not change a single persons feelings about one suject
you only get flamed in the process, because your support will be get overshadowed if it is not intelligible.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Seriously I think the people mad at people complaining about the game have the exact wrong perspective here.

They think because we go we want more characters or we don't like this part of the game, it means we don't like Brawl. But EVERYONE who posts on a SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL message board likes the game and wants to play it. What the f*** are we supposed to talk about right now when the game is out?

Welcome to the real f***ing world, where everyone doesn't have to share your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion if they keep it civil. All the people who want us to stop complaining seem to do is squash other people's hopes for NO GOOD REASON.

Seriously, if you are happy with the game then shut up and be happy. No one here is going to ruin the game for you.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
I've made a complaint already, but sod it. What really grinds my gears is when intelligent discussion devolves into idiocy and flames. You're entitled to your own opinion, but a degree of civility is nice. Explain yourself, keep emotions and butthurt out of the post as well as you can, sound intelligent. It'll get you more respect and keep the flames at bay. It also helps to be able to see the other side's perspective, without shutting them down or ignoring it to make a point.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
1. I can see that you haven't played melee competitively enough to witness the awesomeness of fast faller combos.
2. Why are you glad that a technique that gives Melee infitely more depth has been removed? Wavedashing was, along with the physics and the rest of the advanced techniques the best part of Melee.
3. It's horrible.
4. Do you enjoy rubbing in peoples' faces the fact that one of their main characters is now one of the worst characters in the game? Oh, aren't you a nice person.
5. Lemme see: Very little stun->no combos. Since there is very little to no stun, we can logically deduct that there are extremely few (none) combos in Brawl. Combos are part of what melee so fun.
6. Auto Sweetspotting gives the returning player (except characters with grapple recoveries) a huge advantage, and nerfs Marth's (and everyone else's) edgeguarding a ton.
7. Yes, I do want Falco to be a clone, because I loved his badass Melee for with uber amazing vertical shine combos and sick shine->wavelands.
8. Waveshine combos are the ****.

Oh, and how could I forget tripping? A completely random event that could cost someone thousands of dollars in the final of a tournament just because he randomly fell on his butt. What a lovely addition!
1. I've witnessed them and done them. Bah I say.
2. THey bored me. They made me and my friends frustrated and god did they ruin things on smash world. Without wavedashing the gap between casual and pro play has been shrunk a bit which is nice for online play.
3. I suppose. I'll miss it but there is no need to cry. If I want to use it I'll play some melee.
4. Yes but that isn't what I meant. If you play a good character you should be ready for him to be nerfed. Regardless he was annoying to play against. It is nice to see more balance in brawl.
5. I've seen some nice combos in videos. Don't judge it until you've played it.
6. Um so? Marth is still one of the best characters. It is different. focus less on edgeguarding. Don't play like melee. Jump the hell off the edge and kill them if your edge guarding tactics from melee aren't working.
7. Falco was my main but I switched to C. Falc because I thought he would be decloned more than he was. When I found out Falco was dissimlar I was happy. He wasn't quite a clone but he was still Falcoesque.
8. They are ****. THey make play so boring. Meh. We disagree. Fine.

gammazuma

Smash Rookie
I'll put in my 2 cents.

Movesets. Toon link may be good, but i would rather have him be the worst character in the game and have a cool moveset. Change Falco. I played a ton of falco in melee, but i wanted him changed more. I absolutely love the look of Wolf, but he could have gotten a sweet final smash. Ganondorf easily deserved a moveset.

That's all I don't like. I love the online mode. I'm infinitely happy there even is one. You can always play against a human. SSE is not a letdown for me. It was 800,000 times better than I expected. I love the character choices. I hate ROB with all my life, but I support him being in brawl 105%. He's a great and original character. I love that damage and knockback go down. It makes it so a person has to have skill with a character rather than spam moves. I love brawl. It looks ridiculously awesome and I can't wait to play. Brawl is the game I can come up with the least number of complaints for. And my complaints don't matter too much, as I will love it infinitely. This will be my favorite game of all time, until the next smash bros.

And last of all, I love Nose Kirby.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
ROB did not save jack crap and I was alive back then, he was trash in Japan as well. He is not a video game character he does not deserve to be in. If he deserves to be in then the N64 controller should have made it into the roster.

No excuse for a Luigi's mansion stage but no poltregust for Luigi.

Ness and Lucas both in the game

Ganondorf not fully unique.

Toon Link not fully unique.

Too many Star Fox characters.

Brawl starting/hidden character layout poorly organized.

Assist Trophy Roster sucks (too small/random choices that people never asked for)

But I wouldn't get too mad, they ran out of time and had more characters planned, but they probably took the easy route which is why we see so many luigified characters.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Complain:
1. Well i complain about some of my favorite songs is badly remixed and it just makes me sad how the king k.rool song and Bramble blast turned up... they suck imo

2. R.O.B. & Mr Game & Watch Uneeded. WTF characters is like... some of the worst things, EVER! Who the h*ll characters works, but WTF characters always tt poorly.

3. Sonic stage, i seriously think we should have something from sonic adventure 1 or 2 instead... those classic things just brings me down. and is very uncreative. if he can make R.O.B. then he can make a better sonic stage!

4. If he have like 10 sonic songs, all with singing why cant he take in the captain falcon theme song? that owns, and it isnt in (as long as i know)

espio87

Smash Ace
There's something I wanted to get out of my chest a long time ago: NO MEWTWO! I like lucario but that's no reason to take the pokemon with the highest stats after Arceus from the game. It's true that he wasn't too good in Melee, but I liked using him sometimes.
Also, I agree with Samuraipanda that alternate costumes should have been a feature in Brawl, not something exclusive for Wario.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, I've gotten over most of the stuff because Sakurai's comments have made it seem very likely that Brawl will indeed have a sequel eventually. Regardless, my complaints are:

1. The sheer number of clones/semi-clones. (Toon Link in particular simply because it he had so much creative potential that was absolutely squandered.)

2. The unlockable roster being incredibly lackluster.

3. Unlockables being much easier to unlock this time around and the game even telling you how to get them.

4. The fact that Break the Targets is now uniform for every character.

5. The Mario stages in general.

6. No representation of SMRPG in any shape or form, not even a measley sticker. (This really hurts because nearly every other 3rd party Mario game got some representation.)

7. A lot of excessive modes. (Spectator mode and Masterpieces really weren't needed neither were the 600+ stickers with individual upgrades.)

8. *insert list of characters that should have been playable or at least ATs here*

9. Classic and All-Star mode being made much less random and unpredictable.

10. Biggest Disappointment: How some of the already mediocre characters were made even worse (case in point: Yoshi) and how some of the best characters were made even better (case in point: Marth).

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
No nothing about brawl is disappointing except fanboys moaning and crying just because a character didn't make it.

Brawl Is Perfect in my opinion even if characters I wanted are not in I love the game.

More disappointing is that there are these type of threads where everyone gets discouraged about the game

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
My complaint is to the pompus head moron who wanted a 'Long hard single player' to satisfy him. Screw SSE, I would rather have the tradtional classic Mode with more new characters or ATLEAST original movesets....

So whos fault is it? The idiots that wanted a long hard single player...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
No nothing about brawl is disappointing except fanboys moaning and crying just because a character didn't make it.

Brawl Is Perfect in my opinion even if characters I wanted are not in I love the game.

More disappointing is that there are these type of threads where everyone gets discouraged about the game
I couldn't agree more, the game it's self is great, they threw in the whole kitchen sink into this game. But as a popluler game grow, there will always be complainers and such, that is why this thread has been made. =/

But at last, we will all enjoy the game anyways.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
My complaint is to the pompus head moron who wanted a 'Long hard single player' to satisfy him. Screw SSE, I would rather have the tradtional classic Mode with more new characters or ATLEAST original movesets....

So whos fault is it? The idiots that wanted a long hard single player...
It may well be that the idiots who wanted a long, hard single player outnumber you exponentially. And since there's more of them, Sakurai is going to to work harder to please them than tournament players.

That's business. Casual games that are fun for everyone make more money than super competitive games that would be fun for a relatively small number of people. That relatively small number being the tournament scene. I.E, you.

Nintendo wouldn't sacrifice ten customers to make one extra-happy. They won't sacrifice ten thousand to make a couple hundred extra-happy. That's business.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I wish Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Wolf had more of a role in SSE. They feel way too tacked on. They really should've been a part of the main story. I would've loved to see Link and Toon Link's interaction.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hardly have complained about this game yet, outside the boards and inside. I am immensely satisfied with this game even though I have yet to play it.

However, I do have my complaints:

Characters I Wanted:
No Ridley
No Geno
No Krystal
Wheres the RGK love?

I was seriously holding out for a AC rep.

I really was holding out for Micaiah from Fire Emblem. Sigh. Oh well.

Claus?! Claus!! I really wanted to Claus.

Bowser Jr. would of been amazing.

Character Issues:

Wolf:
Wolf having a landmaster for a final smash. I love the idea of Wolf and have supported him since the start. But landmaster?

Toon Link:
Toon Link having Triforce Slash. This really disappointed me. I was holding out for a massive flood or King of Red Lions. Maybe a cyclone.
No Pajama set!?
Cloned moveset. I would like to have seen it slightly altered or new altogether.

Luigi:
Poltergeist dammit!

Ike
I would of rather seen a different move then a counter.

Stages:

I would of liked to see a entirely new Yoshi stage not involving the basic design. I do like how it changes though.

Really wanted a second Fire Emblem stage.

They should of added Bowser's Castle. They need to.

No love for N64 stages. Saffron City!?

Planet Sauria from the Star Fox games?! Goes away from the typical "inspace" theme.

A Tetris stage.

Assist Trophies:

Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough.

Where's Sothe?

Knuckles should of been an assist.

And Raiden.

And Takamaru.

And Lip.

And Dry Bones.

And Rambo the Rhinoceros?

Midna?

Epona?

Bosses

Eggplant Wizard, The Black Knight, King K. Rool, Black Shadow, Dynoblade, Team Rocket, Medusa, Liquid Snake, Eggman, Zant, etc. Awesome bosses.

Miscellaneous Complaints:

Would like to have seen a more indepth online mode.

Limit the ways to unlock characters. Not so many.

Yeah.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
ROB did not save jack crap and I was alive back then, he was trash in Japan as well. He is not a video game character he does not deserve to be in. If he deserves to be in then the N64 controller should have made it into the roster.

No excuse for a Luigi's mansion stage but no poltregust for Luigi.

Ness and Lucas both in the game

Ganondorf not fully unique.

Toon Link not fully unique.

Too many Star Fox characters.

Brawl starting/hidden character layout poorly organized.

Assist Trophy Roster sucks (too small/random choices that people never asked for)

But I wouldn't get too mad, they ran out of time and had more characters planned, but they probably took the easy route which is why we see so many luigified characters.
1. He was in mariokart on the DS. So you are wrong.

2. Um yes there is. It wasn't neccasary! If he had had it then the spin move would have been lost and that would suck.

3. Meh. Whatever. They are fairly different and I get that Earthbound is popular in Japan.

4 and 5. Calm down. Gdorf was decloned a bit. TL should be less of a clone but oh well. Deal.

6. Please. Not enoug in my opinion but whatever. All three deserved to be in.

7. Meh.

8. Um Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Isaac and S&P Guy tell you you are wrong. That was the point of ATs anyway. They didn't deserve to be charries but needed a spot anyway.

9. The easy route is having time to spend with their families instead of dedicatign all of their time to brawl?

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I hardly have complained about this game yet, outside the boards and inside. I am immensely satisfied with this game even though I have yet to play it.

However, I do have my complaints:

Characters I Wanted:
No Ridley
No Geno
No Krystal
Wheres the RGK love?

I was seriously holding out for a AC rep.

I really was holding out for Micaiah from Fire Emblem. Sigh. Oh well.

Claus?! Claus!! I really wanted to Claus.

Bowser Jr. would of been amazing.

Character Issues:

Wolf:
Wolf having a landmaster for a final smash. I love the idea of Wolf and have supported him since the start. But landmaster?

Toon Link:
Toon Link having Triforce Slash. This really disappointed me. I was holding out for a massive flood or King of Red Lions. Maybe a cyclone.
No Pajama set!?
Cloned moveset. I would like to have seen it slightly altered or new altogether.

Luigi:
Poltergeist dammit!

Ike
I would of rather seen a different move then a counter.

Stages:

I would of liked to see a entirely new Yoshi stage not involving the basic design. I do like how it changes though.

Really wanted a second Fire Emblem stage.

They should of added Bowser's Castle. They need to.

No love for N64 stages. Saffron City!?

Planet Sauria from the Star Fox games?! Goes away from the typical "inspace" theme.

A Tetris stage.

Assist Trophies:

Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough.

Where's Sothe?

Knuckles should of been an assist.

And Raiden.

And Takamaru.

And Lip.

And Dry Bones.

And Rambo the Rhinoceros?

Midna?

Epona?

Bosses

Eggplant Wizard, The Black Knight, King K. Rool, Black Shadow, Dynoblade, Team Rocket, Medusa, Liquid Snake, Eggman, Zant, etc. Awesome bosses.

Miscellaneous Complaints:

Would like to have seen a more indepth online mode.

Limit the ways to unlock characters. Not so many.

Yeah.
Charries: AC didn't need a rep. Agreed with the rest.

Charrie Issues: Agreed with Wolf. He doesn't even have a land master if I cna recall corectly. Kind of agreed with TL. Pajamas are not needed but at least being luigified would have been nice. Luigi is fine as is Ike.

Stages: FE only needs one. The castle would have been cool. Corneria and one other N64 stage is in I believe. Jus tbecause they were in Melee does not disount them. ALthough I would love to have had Saffron City and Hyrule temple of old. Tetris would be interesting. SF got enough stages.

ATs: Fine. He wasn't going to put every character who didn't make it to playable.

Others: Meh.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
The glaring lack of Ridley and the fact that Wolf's FS is a Landmaster are my only complaints.

Wel, that and character fanboys, especially ones for Krystal and Isaac.

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
Not enough Landmaster Final Smashes....
Landmaster isn't confirmed as a playable character...
There's no Landmaster stage...
They didn't add any Landmaster assist trophies...
Should have added Landmaster stickers...
No SSE Landmaster boss...
No Landmaster Pokeball...
One of Fox's alt. costumes should have been the Landmaster...

Overall... BRAWL NEEDZ MOAR LANDMASTERS!!!! (-.-)

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
The glaring lack of Ridley and the fact that Wolf's FS is a Landmaster are my only complaints.

Wel, that and character fanboys, especially ones for Krystal and Isaac.
Says a Ridley fan of all people. Get over yourself. Every group has it's annoying people. The fact that you said the glaring lack of Ridley wehn he is a boss and didn't need to get in, in the first place makes you a fanboy in my eyes.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Says a Ridley fan of all people. Get over yourself. Every group has it's annoying people. The fact that you said the glaring lack of Ridley wehn he is a boss and didn't need to get in, in the first place makes you a fanboy in my eyes.
The glaring lack of Ridley as a playable character*

Happy, Mr. Internet Tough Guy?

I'm biased. We're all biased. I just see the Krystal fanboys above all else because I hate Krystal, and the Krystal fanboys usually attack Wolf, who I think is awesome.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Why in world did they have Ballad of the Windfish originally in the game then decided to take it out!?!?!?!?

Females seem to be hated in this series considering the lack of them.

I also hate how they changed the "explosions" their not as explosive in melee, atleast from the many vids I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom