• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
screw the assist trophies
screw the stickers
add Roy, Leon S. Kennedy, and Blazeken.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
my only complaint so far about brawl is that tiara wearing little turd pusher marth is still in it, who would ever give someone that light in the loafers a sword, and to make things even worse i can't even d-smash the bejesus out of him with peach anymore.

not a serious complaint btw

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
how come we cant play with a guest on the same console with anyone? that is so dumb that its limited to friends. What are the odds that me my guest and my online friend are ready to play. And what's even worse is that he does have a team battle with anyone but its with a random player!? Why can't he have it so you go on team battle take your friend on the same wii and battle amongst the thousands of people that are searching for the same match?!

D

Deleted member

Complaints:

One alternative costume. Fusion Suit Samus a simple recolour.

Cloned Final Smashes.

Sparse ATs. Sakurai lied to us; he said he had gone overboard.

Two FE characters? That's it?

Disturbing lack of items from Oracle of Ages/Seasons. No trophies, stickers, ATs, music, jack anything, etc. :mad:

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
Does something about Brawl disappoint you? Do you want to vent about it? Well, we've been getting a surge of topics including many complaints about different aspects of Brawl, so instead of having the board continue to be 1/2 complaining topics, we can just have this thread. And you can also use this thread if you want to complain about the complainers. So complain your hearts out in this thread, people.

I personally only have 2 complaints about Brawl so far. The first is the lack of alternate costumes, which I think was a very highly requsted feature. The second is IF slipping is truly random, then that would have to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a single game developer.
And thats all I have to complain about. Everything else about this game is simply legendary, and I still think its going to be one of the best Nintendo games of all time.
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT ABOUT TRIPPING.. wtf kinda crack made them come up with that crazy s***? lol

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I for one am mad that vegetables got there own trophy but sukapon didn't. WTF? :confused:

Wight

Smash Apprentice
Since no-one reads these so i guess i can rant here as much as i want.

THE ENGLISH VOICE ACTING IS HORRIBLE! David H is a great, and MK doesnt have such a bad voice. They TOTALLY screwed over falco and Pit.. PIT!! OMG HE ****ING SUCKS BECAUSE OF HIS VOICE!! and many other characters. Luckily they kept Marth in Japanese. Ike is so bad, he's is SO bad. He lost all the coolness he had.
Havent heard the female actresses, but im hoping they arent so bad, since they usually dont **** it up as badly.

Now that freeloader is out, i might have to import the Japanese version if it really is as bad as i feel it is now.
I hope NoE changes some of them since it is taking them for ****ing forever. But that wont happen, but i can still dream.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lacking MOTHER music. Lacking MOTHER trophies. Clone final smashes. LAAANMASSSTA!:laugh:
I think we got it somewhat decent when it comes to the music, but it's missing a number of needed ones:

Pollyanna - Catherine Warwick
Bein' Friends - Catherine Warwick
New Age Retro Hippie
Smiles and Tears
Eight Melodies
Heavily Armed Machine

I agree that we really got the shaft when it comes to trophies. Although, Wario Ware got it even worse.

Falco101

Smash Journeyman
It fails horribly. No wavedashing, L-cancelling, and overall slower gameplay. Tripping is also completely ridiculous. Also, you can't jump out of Fox's reflector (or Falco's or Wolf's either, I assume... haven't unlocked them) which I used to do constantly. It's like they designed the game to completely erase the cult following it had (the people like me who treated it as a real fighting game as opposed to a party game). Or perhaps we just haven't figured out the quirks yet.

Marth is still broken and will be #1 on the player rankings again.

Final smashes are sweet, though, and the items and levels are cooler.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
My hate is simply directed at the people who not only payed £25 (aka 50 dollars) for brawl but recieved it yesterday and then ***** to people pointlessly about it.

While people here in merry old england have to pay £40 (aka 80 dollars) for a game that still has no release date.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My hate is simply directed at the people who not only payed £25 (aka 50 dollars) for brawl but recieved it yesterday and then ***** to people pointlessly about it.

While people here in merry old england have to pay £40 (aka 80 dollars) for a game that still has no release date.
I'm currently studying in England and am part of the campus's "video game society" so I can at least say that I understand your pain. Really, Europe gets screwed over on just about everything.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
It fails horribly. No wavedashing, L-cancelling, and overall slower gameplay.
It's not the end of the world, if anything you should be glad it's actually making you play in a different manner to what you're used to :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Why do I get the same feeling you said the same things about Melee? :laugh:
Your intuition serves you well.

Melee was swell for its time. Brawl, however, takes everything awesome about Smash Bros, cuts the uneeded fluff, throws in a ton of brilliant inovations and adds in more options than one can imagine. It's simply mindblowing on every possible level.

DogsWithJobs

Smash Rookie
It fails horribly. No wavedashing, L-cancelling, and overall slower gameplay. Tripping is also completely ridiculous.
I actually think taking out some exploits is a good thing. Even if the "best" players did those it will now make them obtain skills with new game elements. I do agree with you on the tripping though, adding random elements to a skill oriented game kind of annoys me. Even though I really like items which add to the randomness, but at least you can turn them off. But in the end I am sure new exploits will be found so all the wavedashers can rest easy.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
i'd like to complain about the people who get angry at people for complaining. yes we know it's not melee 2.0 (it's actually more like smash 64 2.0), and yes we know it's new and flashy and pretty etc.

but it's slow, shallow, slow, there's tripping, slow, not competitive, and slow.

kevc

Smash Cadet
yes im startin to notice its slower and seriously what the hell is up with 3 landmasters....that ****s beyond gay

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
It's like they designed the game to completely erase the cult following it had (the people like me who treated it as a real fighting game as opposed to a party game).
This is exactly why I love what Sakurai did with Brawl. It's like he saw what the smash elitists had done to his fun party game (mainly, stripped the soul out of it) and said "Well **** you elitists, Smash is a chaotic party game and it's going to stay that way."

But as for complaints, my only ones would be:

1. Tripping. This is just ********. And you can trip in the air too! I wonder what they were smoking when they thought this would be a good idea.

2. Slightly less responsive controls take some getting used to.

3. Some lag in wifi battles (but you really can't blame Brawl for that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom