• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
The overhyped SSE that probably isn't as good as people say it is and the delay which lead us to March 9th.
I also hate the fact that Toon link is nearly exactly the same as Link, Wolf, Falco and Fox having the same FS
and Ness and Lucas having the same FS.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
The overhyped SSE that probably isn't as good as people say it is and the delay which lead us to March 9th.
I also hate the fact that Toon link is nearly exactly the same as Link, Wolf, Falco and Fox having the same FS
and Ness and Lucas having the same FS.
SSE is harder than it looks towards the end. O_O

Toon Link is way different then Link, seriously. He feels different and his moves are slower.

Yeah, the final smash thing is dumb.

On the subject of final smashes, I'm sad Wolf Link isn't Links final smash, or that he's not a character or has the ability to change. :(

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
I'm complaining about Sonic's specials. The amount of creativity they put into those is underwhelming.

Also, I agree about the alt. costumes. They could have used Dark Samus, female pokemon trainer, etc. I don't know why Wario's so special.
Because, "Wario alone is special."

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
I got called a furry a long time ago because I told the Wolf support thread he would be a semi-clone of Fox. I still have the burns from all the flaming lol.
You think you have problems! I created this username before I knew what a furry WAS! You wouldn't believe how many people mistake me for one. I've changed over to a different user name on many boards.

I don't really care about Furrys either way, but being mistaken for one 'cause of my user name is annoying.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I got called a furry a long time ago because I told the Wolf support thread he would be a semi-clone of Fox. I still have the burns from all the flaming lol.
OMG YOU LIKE WOLF??? FURRY!!!

Because you like Wolf, and he is furry, therefore you are a furry. This seems like a smart comment to get attention with, so I will post this!

Seriously, I think that's what goes through their heads.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Hmm my complaints aren't too big but I have a few

No Ridley, Krystal, Issac or Lyn (if those 4 were in the roster would be perfect, zero complaints with it)

Metroid got pwned again, I guess they count Zamus as a new Metroid character. A cheap attempt to satisfy Metroid fans. Even worse is the lack of anything Prime related. We got one stage and one alt color. And I'm pretty sure Sakurai was like, Prime should get some rep, so he made a stage out of the first 15 min of prime, rather than actually researching and finding a really good stage. No offense but really the frigate orpheon isn't too exciting. Phazon Mines, Impact Crater, Chozo temple all would have been better stages. Not to mention Dark Samus seemingly doesn't even have a measly trophy...and Ridley was a boss...what a slap in the face to Metroid fans

And lackluster online. But I blame that on Nintendo as a whole, not Brawls team. Though they could have still done better.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yes, the fact the casual gamer was even taken into account and altered the outcome of the game.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
For Prime representation, Metroid also got Meta-Ridley (as a boss I think?) and a couple of songs. I think that's pretty ok for Samus considering she's not completely Prime-based.

(should've gotten some more cool boss fight songs)

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
who said i wanted a character from each mario game? i had said i wanted super mario rpg representation, there was literally nothing referencing that game. even a sticker or some music would have been nice.
You mentioned the frying pan. I have no idea what that is but you seem to think it is a reference. Although I agree Geno did deserve to be a sticker.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Well the fact the barely (if at all any) goonies outside the Mushroom Kingdom ever got represented in the SSE. (What about DKC critters like Klap Trap and Zingers? )

The fact that all the Star Fox chars have Landmasters as final smash.
No Wolf Link or Midna or Geno or Isaac or Lloyd or Kratos
...Random R.O.B
And I don't understand how Ice Climbers got back.
Oh yea, I get annoyed being called a furry whenever I say I love Wolf and Fox too.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
No Geno, Krystal, Daisy, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Tom Nook, Midna, or Geno. And no Geno either.

Semi-clones and clone characters. No new female characters, excluding Zamus.

As stages, there was no Bowser's Castle, only one Sonic and one Snake stage, only one Fox stage (which is really bizarre considering there are three Star Fox characters).

Tripping? Ai-yeeeee!

And how whenever I or anyone else complains about these things, no matter how politely or intelligently, they get flamed to high-hades, insulted, degraded, and the topic is closed because of people screaming 'not clones' and 'furries' and 'u r ungratful'.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
I really wanted to see Viewtiful Joe as a playable character. His on stage appearance could have been normal Joe, and he then says "Henchin-a-go-go, baby!" A turns into the man! His B atk could have been his little UFO, and he already has a double jump, poses, and areal moves! His FS could have been kinda' like Wario's where he activates his battle mask and randomly slows or speeds up time for his enemies, making them more vulnerable for Joe to finish off with a "RED-HOT KICK!"

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Lemme see:

-Physics of Brawl< Melee's Physics
-No Wavedashing
-No L cancelling
-shiek is nerfed to hell
-no combos
-Auto sweetspotting
-Falco's new shine
-not being able to waveshine combo with Fox
-Way too much hitlag/hitstun (NOT stun time, stun time is way too small)

There's probably more, this is just off the top of my head.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
No Geno, Krystal, Daisy, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Tom Nook, Midna, or Geno. And no Geno either.

Semi-clones and clone characters. No new female characters, excluding Zamus.

As stages, there was no Bowser's Castle, only one Sonic and one Snake stage, only one Fox stage (which is really bizarre considering there are three Star Fox characters).

Tripping? Ai-yeeeee!

And how whenever I or anyone else complains about these things, no matter how politely or intelligently, they get flamed to high-hades, insulted, degraded, and the topic is closed because of people screaming 'not clones' and 'furries' and 'u r ungratful'.
Sakurai couldn't please everybody. Plus Daisy, Tom Nook and Geno didn't really need to be in. Geno would be an old skool/wtf character and Daisy would be a clone. If Falco and Wolf stayed semi clones then so would Daisy. AC is over represented by a stage and a symbol and some items and trophies. Two game franchises that would force them to highly stretch their moves with shovels and fishing rods and what not generally shouldn't be in. Krystal was beaten out by Wolf who deserved it more in my opinion. Bowser Jr. would have been cool but I guess he wasn't important enough for Sakurai.

Agreed but making a game is harder than it looks. Characters shouldn't be pushed through because of their gender.

Meh. Sonic and Snake only needed one. Fox has 2. Corneria returned. Each character doesn't need their own stage.

Tripping is a bit weird.

That is wrong. However some people don't like having their delusions shattered. Luckily I still maintain that this game is the second coming. I am a master of deceiving myself.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
meh. with anyone being 2 mins only, no walk off stage builder.
i would say replace ROB but he is the perfect WTF character this time around.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
My Complaints-
Revised:
1. Severe lack of reported characters...
We were supposed to have 40+ with 3+ 3rd parties...
2. Tripping...
Seriously...WTF...
3. Alt costumes...
Why only give Wario an alt???
Others should get it too!!!
4. Stage Builder...
So much potential...
Wasted...
5. Attack of the Clones...
Far too many clones...
What happened to Sakurai avoiding clones?!?
6. Glitches...
This is a big one...
If they had so much time to make this game and put it in production...
Why is it that when it comes time to ship it to the good old USA...
Its so disfunctional they had to delay it...AGAIN!!!
7. Lack of stages...
Sonic gets...1 stage...
Snake gets... 1 stage...
ok...
Fox gets 2...but has three characters...
wait...what???
Zelda gets...2 with 4 characters...
HOLD IT!!!
8. ROB
I dont know if I should complain here or not...
9. Dissapointing Online Play...
Need I say more???
10. No Mega Man...
Viva la Mega Man!!!

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
My Complaints-
Revised:
2. Tripping...
Seriously...WTF...
3. Alt costumes...
4. Stage Builder...
So much potential...
Wasted...
Far too many clones...
6. Glitches...
This is a big one...
7. Lack of stages...
Sonic gets...1 stage...
Snake gets... 1 stage...
ok...
wait...what???
HOLD IT!!!
8. ROB
Need I say more???
10. No Mega Man...
Viva la Mega Man!!!
Hey Ninjuku! I haven't seen you since the flamefest that was the Megaman thread.

1. Says who. Oh that's right. Everyone but Sakurai did. funny that. Don't be optimistic if you are only going to be dissapointed when you are wrong.
2. Oh calm down. It isn't that bad.
3. Daisy. Also that would be essentialy be the same as making more clones. Not needed.
4. Kind of agreed. It could have been better. Appreciate what you got.
5. At least all of the clones are pretty different.
6. SO your problem isn't glitches. It's delays. I agree then.
7. Becasue every character needs their own stage. Oh wait. They don't. That was never promised and probably should never have been expected. Also Zelda has at least three stages. Temply Hyrule, THe bridge and the toon boat.
8. Ugh agreed. Although I suppose there weren't many better WTF options.
9.no idea what you are talking about.
10. Sucks but everyone needs to get over it.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
So far my only complaint is that a loser like Lucario replaced a legend like Mewtwo.
What? Lucario gets stronger every time his percentage goes up. Whoops Mewtwo by FAR

My only complaint is that I have to wait 17 more days! ****! It seems like forever, but really, once you looked at how far we've come, you'll see that the wait was well worth it.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
I would have liked to see completely new movesets on Falco, Ganondorf, and definitely Toon Link. I don't understand why Nintendo's second biggest franchise has two of their four reps clones.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I would have liked to see completely new movesets on Falco, Ganondorf, and definitely Toon Link. I don't understand why Nintendo's second biggest franchise has two of their four reps clones.
What should they have done? Made those characters new and turned others into clones? None of their other new guys would have been clones easily. THere are two choices. Make those two clones or not make them.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Lemme see:

-Physics of Brawl< Melee's Physics
-No Wavedashing
-No L cancelling
-shiek is nerfed to hell
-no combos
-Auto sweetspotting
-Falco's new shine
-not being able to waveshine combo with Fox
-Way too much hitlag/hitstun (NOT stun time, stun time is way too small)

There's probably more, this is just off the top of my head.
-Disagree.
-yay!!
-Sad but Not that bad.
-Yay!!
-Lies and slander. The game has been out for less than a month. Calm down.
-Yay!
-So . . . you wanted him to be a clone?
-THank god.
-I wouldn't know.

Smash Ace
My Complaints-
Revised:
I still haven't figured out why people thought that there would be 40+ characters. The original roster predictions often assumed 40 counting transformations, and we got 39 counting transformations. They met our initial expectations, but we kept getting more and more demanding.

Also, it was never "3+ 3rd parties." It was "Snake + 1-2 others." He delivered.

2. Tripping...
Seriously...WTF...
Yeah, I agree here. I hope that it's not a big deal, but this was seriously disappointing.

3. Alt costumes...
It would be nice, but the recolors are much better done in this game. I'm happy with it visually.

4. Stage Builder...
So much potential...
Wasted...
Exactly what did you expect out of the stage builder? The ability to make professional-level stages? The stage builder is graphically a bit boring to me, but other than that I'm just happy that it's in. This went way above my expectations for Brawl when it was announced.

Far too many clones...
That was a rumor, and nothing more. I thought that clones in Melee were poorly done, but Brawl implemented them exactly the way I wanted. I'm unhappy with Ganon, I admit, but from a moveset standpoint they did very well.

6. Glitches...
This is a big one...
I don't think that the second delay had to do with glitches; I would bet that the game was done and delayed in Japan for production purposes and in the US for localization.

7. Lack of stages...
Sonic gets...1 stage...
Snake gets... 1 stage...
ok...
wait...what???
HOLD IT!!!
I don't see why stage representation should be proportionate to character representation. I just wish that Saffron City and Hyrule Castle were back, but other than that they did admirably.

8. ROB
I'd be disappointed if the roster consisted of just characters that everyone expected.

Need I say more???
No, you really don't. "With Anyone" is easily the worst online mode I have ever seen for any game. It sucks. I'm as upset as you are (if not more) about this one, and this was the biggest disappointment in Brawl for me. Tripping is the only other one of note. The Brawl team screwed up badly, very badly indeed. They could have done much more -- automatically matched people with similar rules rather than assigning people randomly, severely restricting rules, and leaving the few that you can change to a lottery. I don't care about the lack of a leaderboard, or the lack of names or taunt messages, and so on. The fundamental lack of functionality makes me think that the entire team was either brain dead or not even trying to do a decent job.

10. No Mega Man...
Viva la Mega Man!!!
Megaman would have been a fine addition, but it's not like the game is going to suck without him.

Rogueleader89

Smash Rookie
only four complaints here

1. Gannondorf... most deserving of the melee clones to get a new moveset... still is incredibly similar to captain falcon for some reason...

2. U.S. release pushed back twice... not so much of a complaint anymore, I've gotten over it, but at least with the second delay it should have been announced long before it was, it would be like if they suddenly announced that brawl was being delayed another month next monday, it was far too close to the release...

3. Landmaster... 3 characters... Come on now, 2 unique final smashes could easily be made for wolf and falco, falco could have arwings appear and fire on a large portion of the stage; wolf has his own vehicle....

4. no release of the original smash bros on vc prior to brawl release... I was really expecting this, it would have made sense after the first or second delay, I suppose it could still happen before the U.S. release, but it would have been much better to be able to play the original on VC while waiting for brawl, whereas with it coming after brawl I probably won't purchase it for some time because brawl will fill my need to play smashbros for awhile.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's mostly roster-related and short:

1)ROB: The robot doesn't really warrant "WTF" factor nor a character status, but more of WTFW? (Oh yes, I know why ROB was important, but it just doesn't seem important enough to get a spot in playable. Someone could have been a whole lot better.)

2)Clonish characters: Some of the newcomers are similar to their counterparts by having similar moveset/Final Smashes; a few others are dead copies of the originals. *looks at Toon Link and Ganondorf*

3)Possible original character pass-ups: Krystal, Ridley, Sigurd, Mewtwo, Bowser Jr, Midna, etc? *sighs*

4)SSE "special treatment": It seems SSE was given too much treatment to the point the focus wasn't balanced for other parts of the game, which is probably the reason for the roster problems.

5)Masterpiece: Don't know why put games that are going to play for a while and/or have to restart over again, instead, you can just buy them from the VC shop anyway.

I think I feel a little better now. Hopefully when this game comes out, I won't have to worry about the stupidity of the easily fixable things in the game.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
5)Masterpiece: Don't know why put games that are going to play for a while and/or have to restart over again, instead, you can just buy them from the VC shop anyway.
The whole point is that they are demos of the games available on VC. Basically, the Masterpieces are there just to make more money for Nintendo.

My only two complaints: wasted potential (for characters who did and did not make it in,stages that did not come back, stages that should have been), andthe sheer amount ofcomplaints youpeoplehave. I mean, seriously. Way too many.

I guess I ought to complain about no L-cancelling, too. And manybe tripping while I'm at it... wow,I guess I can see where you guys are coming from. Still, great game over all.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
-Disagree.
-yay!!
-Sad but Not that bad.
-Yay!!
-Lies and slander. The game has been out for less than a month. Calm down.
-Yay!
-So . . . you wanted him to be a clone?
-THank god.
-I wouldn't know.
1. I can see that you haven't played melee competitively enough to witness the awesomeness of fast faller combos.
2. Why are you glad that a technique that gives Melee infitely more depth has been removed? Wavedashing was, along with the physics and the rest of the advanced techniques the best part of Melee.
3. It's horrible.
4. Do you enjoy rubbing in peoples' faces the fact that one of their main characters is now one of the worst characters in the game? Oh, aren't you a nice person.
5. Lemme see: Very little stun->no combos. Since there is very little to no stun, we can logically deduct that there are extremely few (none) combos in Brawl. Combos are part of what melee so fun.
6. Auto Sweetspotting gives the returning player (except characters with grapple recoveries) a huge advantage, and nerfs Marth's (and everyone else's) edgeguarding a ton.
7. Yes, I do want Falco to be a clone, because I loved his badass Melee for with uber amazing vertical shine combos and sick shine->wavelands.
8. Waveshine combos are the ****.

Oh, and how could I forget tripping? A completely random event that could cost someone thousands of dollars in the final of a tournament just because he randomly fell on his butt. What a lovely addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom