• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am complaining about you calling an official thread for complaining stupid.
I agree with you. My complaint is that Flaming Dragon Wang complains too much. It's like his Dragon Wang is Flaming... ow.

Anyway, my only real complaint is a lack of K. Rool or Bomberman, and maybe an overuse of tether recoveries, but other than that, I feel the game is simply perfect.

Yay for Brawl!

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
I hate this game as a whole, it's stupid! stupid stupid stupid! Naw just kidding I've never even played it. umm there is nothing to be upset about tripping is in there probably for a good reason...the team responsible for brawl know what they're doing....is it a coincidence they buffed pikachu and kirby? maybe there's a reason they took out pichu? No, these people know how we like smash. It'S theY'RE GAME aFTer ALL...

grud315

Smash Cadet
Let’s be honest. No that we have the game (sort of) speculation is over. Now, I feel that according to this thread, I should vent everything I have to vent out. There are many things I personally do not like in terms of the decisions made in this game. Trust me when I say I will love this game and play it for countless hours, but so many things bother me and I think this is the right place to vent it all out.

Here I go! :

1. Random Slipping
2. Lack of stock matches in With Anyone play (so I've heard, not exactly sure, please correct me if I’m wrong)
3. Only 35 characters
4. No legit alternate costumes except for Wario (Fusion Suit Samus isn't even done correctly)
5. Lack of Mario Galaxy related stuff (though it's understandable by the release date)
6. A rather short single player story mode
7. A story mode that is very repetitive
8. Lack of "Board the Platforms"
9. Removal of Mewtwo (why? isn't Lucario rather different?)
10. Only 41 event matches (for 1 player)
11. Only 21 co-op event matches
12. Physics glitches (like Gigalypuff and Snake's cypher grab)
13. Constant arguing over stage legality (towards the forums)
14. Constant arguing over item legality (towards the forums)
15. Despite actually having Smash 64 stages (Corneria and Brinstar were actually in Smash 64 (just made more graphically appealing in Melee) for those morons who keep saying there were no stages from there), not having other great ones like Saffron City
16. Ridley not playable (deserves his own number)
17. Isaac not playable (also deserves his won number)
18. Krystal, King K. Rool, more 3rd party characters, and a whole host of others not playable
19. Ganondorf not having a move set more dedicated to him, aka sword and energy beams.
20. No Bowser’s castle stage
21. Character-to-stage ratio – (excluding returning stages) The Mario franchise has 4 characters and 5 stages. That makes sense. But the Metroid franchise has 1.5 characters and 2 stages, and Fire emblem has 2 characters and 1 stage. R.O.B. doesn’t even have his won stages, as PictoChat doesn’t count due to different logos. Including returning stages, and the proportion is blown out even further. I believe every character has to have their own “home court”, meaning at least a 1:1:1 ratio of characters to stages to franchises.

I could think of many more, but I guess I'm just a little slow today. All in all, this will be a friggin amazing game, but there are those little quirks that will annoy me anyway. And don't hate me becuase of my opinions on what went wrong with this game. I'm sure that there isn't a singe person in the world who finds the game 100% devoid of issues, and at least 1 person who can agree with each of my statements.

T-major

Smash Champion
really, all I have to complain about is tripping, and clone Ganondorf... I mean seriously, whats up with that?

Mewtwo being taken out is crap too, but I can deal with that...

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
my only complaints

1. The delays
2. Removal of Mewtwo
3. Lack of alternate costumes, aside from Wario
4. Pikachu (and the rest of the Pokemon) screwed in the color swap department
5. Half-assing the Star Fox reps' Final Smashes
6. Stage Builder not being as customizable as hoped (you can't even flip spikes to place on ceilings!)
7. No Mario Galaxy music
8. Not only did Board the Platforms not make a return, Race to the Finish was taken from us too!

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
My complaint? I have yet to play any form of Brawl. :/

I'm sick of seeing videos of others play. News Flash: New game or not, y'all play in rather boring fashions...

Try unbanning stages to spice things up. I can start to see why Yuna cries all the time.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I wanted Isaac playable as the Golden Sun was my favorite game on the GBA, and Isaac would have been perfect for Brawl.

Seven Sinner

Smash Rookie
I honestly wish that all the info and spoilers were never leaked from Japan.
I can't resist Spoilers, and it is a grave weakness, as I've already seen the entire Character line-up, All the Final Smashes, and all the taunts. T_T
Although it won't affect me playing the game in the least, of course.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
My complaints?

Lucario > Mewtwo
Replay of the day almost always seems to be Target Smash or Homerun contest. I want to see some epic Brawls!
Whoever selects the stage of the day seems to have a fetish for triangles.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Another complaint here... I am seriously p***ed off now...

Spoiled because of intense complaining here... This is got to be one of the worst things that ever happened to us non-AT users...

NOOOOO!!! WHY!!!! WHY THE F**K IS THERE L-CANCELING AGAIN!!?!? GIVE US NON-AT USERS A CHANCE!!! WHY DO WE HAVE TO LEARN!!! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING A FAIR CHANCE ON WI-FI!!!!! And you all ruined it... RUINED IT!!! I can never play online now because of all those melee AT users scrambling for techniques... AND GETTING THEM.

By the way, don't put that "Just learn" s**t in my face because we shouldn't have to. You AT users are going to ruin the fun out there for people who want to play non-competitively online. The online battles will be infested with AT users. I thank you for ruining the online mode for new players. Plus, there are people who don't even go here and they are going to be like "Wtf this is not fair. Why do they have to use cheat codes online?" (Cheat codes=ATs for people who haven't heard of them)

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
Yepp ...I've got one complaint.....

WHAT DA **** WAS UP WITH THE EUROPEAN RELEASE DATE??? ****!!!! NYARGH!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :mad::mad::mad::mad: I WANT THIS GAME SO BADLY WHAT THE ****KK????!!!!!!11

There...ah feels so good to let it out ..:) other than that the game looks awesome and I cant wait to play it :D and imo the rooster was great!

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Why can't Zitz (Battletoads) be in?! He would be perfect, and he was my most wanted... :(:(:(

Proof made by me he could be amazing:

(Serious post, not a joke)

Yepp ...I've got one complaint.....

WHAT DA **** WAS UP WITH THE EUROPEAN RELEASE DATE??? ****!!!! NYARGH!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :mad::mad::mad::mad: I WANT THIS GAME SO BADLY WHAT THE ****KK????!!!!!!11

There...ah feels so good to let it out ..:) other than that the game looks awesome and I cant wait to play it :D and imo the rooster was great!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
1. No alt. costumes.
2. No Knuckles/Tails as an AT.
3. Tripping. Even if it isn't random...why is it in the game at all?
4. No second Sonic stage. Not to be nit-picky, but there's 14 freaking Sonic songs for one stage! There's just too much Sonic goodness from the Sonic world that simply cannot fit in a single stage? Space Colony Arc? Angel Island Zone? Anything!
5. No N64 stages. Seriously wtf.
6. Better Melee stages. Yoshi Story? Fountain of Dreams?
7. This one really pisses me off. On all of the Melee stages, when compared to actually playing Melee, the camera is zoomed WAY OUT. It makes everything look small. Watch a video of Pokemon Stadium in Melee and then Brawl and you'll see what I mean. It looks really stupid.
8. 2 MINUTE TIME MATCH AS DEFAULT BRAWL SETTING. I HATE IT. EVEN IN MELEE. EVERYTIME I WANT TO PLAY A FREAKING VS MATCH I HAVE TO CHANGE IT TO STOCK MATCH. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
9. Of course, with anyone is only two minute time matches.

And that's about all. As SamuraiPanda said, everything else is freaking legendary, and this game is still epic. But I really with that the above list wasn't a problem in the game. Especially number 8. That could EASILY be fixed. There's no excuse.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I'll complain about not being able to find anything to complain about. I just love Brawl too much to hate something about it even though I never played it before.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All right, I'll vent.

The roster's hidden characters are disappointing aside from ROB. This is because it was mostly vets and clones/semi-clones.

A number of highly requested characters were blatantly ignored.

Subspace Emissary leaves WAY too much to interpretation.

Metroid and F-Zero, once again, get the shaft.

MOTHER is still represented poorly due to Lucas and Ness' PSI and the lack of the essential MOTHER trophies.

They did not try to diversify Toon Link's moveset. This would've been extremely easy with the large arsenal he has. Also, Ganondorf still doesn't use his sword. I would've been satisfied with just a few attacks involving it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
All right, this time I have a complaint that no one could possibly rationalize:

The U.S. commercial is apparenlty another one with "Wii would like to play!"

:mad:

Why can't I find complaints that are actually substantial? Like Archenyte said, we should complain about not having anything to complain about. :laugh:

Nagi

Smash Rookie
It's a little weird that Lucas has eyebrows, but Ness doesn't. #1

Tripping #2

Bout it.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, Geno and Krystal fans need to get over themselves. They weren't that popular when it mattered. Sonic, Dedede, Wario and others beat them out. THey only became really popular when the most popular characters were already confirmed. Plus Sakurai isn't going to make every character the most popular ones. He gave us some of the most requested and then some ones that deserved to be in and a WTF. I don't see how that wasn't called for. Despite his popularity Geno would have been a WTF/Old skool charrie. We already have ICs, Pit, ROB and Game and Watch. That is enough of both. Krystal would have been another good guy SF rep and we already have two. If it had been Fox, Wolf, Krystal then it would be cool but Wolf deserved it more than Krystal and Falco versus Krystal was up in the air and Falco got it. Ridley fans . . . I'm sorry. I wanted Ridley in but it doesn't really matter. Metroid should have gotten two fully seperate reps (ironicly both Samus and ZSS are more character than anyone else. A taunt is an actual move. Everyone was all ZSS is less of a character because you can't choose her fromt he select screen! Not only can you choose her there you can be her in battle. Ironic) but it wasn't meant to be. He might have been to big or to scary or to much like Charizard. I don't know. Oh well.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Slipping doesn't happen as often as people say, its not bad. BTW, I have Brawl.

My complaint is L-Canceling. Just when I was getting really good, its gone. I'm actually glad Wavedashing is gone.

Some few technical stuff I don't like about it is going through ledges is hard now. It used to be a simple kick of the stick, but now you have to hold it and it takes a sec to actually fall through the stage. It's frustrating....

okiyama

Smash Ace
Mostly agree with Sugar, Tripping happens about twice a match usually. It can be annoying but what my real complaint is:
Trip KILLS.
Yeah, I guess it's still tripping but seriously I was killed by cars on Aero Port once from a trip, I saw 2 other people get killed by that EXACT same way. Tripping while you're approaching then getting FSmashed into oblivion is NOT fun.

This does not balance the game at all, this is at the top of my list for DLC I don't care about characters just take this out.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
For all trip haters with the game, do advanced options allow you to turn off tripping? I'd guess it would be hard to know, most players not reading Japanese, but that would be nice.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mostly agree with Sugar, Tripping happens about twice a match usually. It can be annoying but what my real complaint is:
Trip KILLS.
Yeah, I guess it's still tripping but seriously I was killed by cars on Aero Port once from a trip, I saw 2 other people get killed by that EXACT same way. Tripping while you're approaching then getting FSmashed into oblivion is NOT fun.

This does not balance the game at all, this is at the top of my list for DLC I don't care about characters just take this out.
I've only tripped maybe once every 4 matches.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
My only complaint is that Masked Man Claus didn't make it into the game. Such good moveset potential and a great character too :(.

antimatter

Smash Lord
not even a single piece of super mario rpg representation... and the frying pan doesnt count...

pman154

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't really have anything major, but like pretty much all who can do it well, most likely, getting rid of Wavedashing. I'm not very good at this technique, but I use it fairly often, and I like the speed I gain when using it. If it's removed, then you won't be able to move around as fast, and non-timed brawls would take longer to finish. Sure, length is good, but after 10 minutes of a 4 man 4 stock brawl gets kind of boring. I would like to think that wavedashing is the most used advanced technique.

antimatter

Smash Lord
If Mario and Peach and Bowser were in that game then your wrong. They aren't going to get a character from each Mario game.
who said i wanted a character from each mario game? i had said i wanted super mario rpg representation, there was literally nothing referencing that game. even a sticker or some music would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom