• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
tripping is without a doubt random.

it may not ALWAYS be random (that is, some actions will make you trip more often); however, there have been countless times i am standing completely still and start running and trip. Thus, there has to be randomness.

all being said... i like tripping, its fun.

as for my complaints:
they took out EVERYTHING technical.... EVERYTHING!!!!
L-canceling was in 64, now its gone... that sucks
and crouch-canceling is gone too, that sucks
Oh, and the biggest complaint: ONLINE PLAY SUCKS
i love the idea of playing online, but only doing 2min all item games sucks... and they need to fix the lag too (altho changing the channel on ur router helps a lot)

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
The change in hit stun sucks.
Momentum does not continue on into jumps which makes no sense (play sonic to really see this)
tripping is just stupid
the amount of casual players getting into the affairs of the competitive community (I know, not game feature)
Power shielding is too easy
shield grabbing is overpowered and rewards camping way too much.

Quilofknowledge

Smash Rookie
I hated the Great Maze level. And I don't like how you can't change the rules on the "With Anyone" online play option. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a great game.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
I wish you didnt float for about 6 years everytime you jumped and comboing was more fun and fast paced.

yeah. the gravity just throws everything off for me. it gets unbearable.

Ash Hol

Smash Apprentice
i hate that wolf made it compaired to krystal who wouldve been original. but i also hate cloned final smashed. and i hate that there isnt 40 characters.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Perfect, a thread for it all. Here ' goes...

I'm mad that Samus has gotten so unbearably slow and laggy with her missles that I had to make a moral choice and give her up as one of my mains.

Im sllghtly upset i keep tripping at random times.

I find it dumb that some items like the Lighting Bolt and Timer can work against you, even when YOU picked it up.

I think its ******** that they slowed the game down, but we'll all cope when we slow down and breathe with it.

I'm shocked Bomberman didn't make it in, but Toon Link did.

In the SSE, I am tired of being smashed by elevators.

I am slightly annoyed at the fact tha the game is supposed to be balanced, yet Pit has a Mirror Shield that lets him take no damage on any attack as long as it's in front of him.

Falco's ^B sucks...

I'm appalled that alot of advanced techniques are gone.

What happened to the events?

I screamed because Sakurai said no DLable content, at least for more than a day, so no new characters or stages for good? weak...

Power shielding and wall jumping are so easy, it killed me a few times at first.

2-min online play with people you dont know makes sense, but a least do stock up to 5 or something.

Where is my mike? I'm not allowed to diss my friends over the internet and get in there head just cause its "E for everyone?"

...but its whatever, you got to adapt, and there are plently good things to look upon, more than the bad.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I know that no one likes hearing the same thing over and over, but the roster. Six Pokemon? And what happened to all these villains and female characters they were talking about? We got a variation of ONE female character(ZSS) and four rival/supporting characters(Wario, MK, DDD, Wolf). No new villains, no new females. No Krystal, no Claus, no Ridley/Dark Samus, no Micaiah.

Pokemon Trainer is my least favorite character for putting three more Pokemon on the roster when I would have much rather seen Mewtwo as one Pokemon instead. In fact, Mewtwo could have been considered as one more villain on the roster. But no, we see three more generic Pokemon instead.

And what's with the lack of clones? I know for a fact that it isn't that hard to add clones into the game, so why did we have a shortened roster without our last second additions? Of all people to make a clone out of, they pick Toon Link. Not that I have a problem with TL, but couldn't they have picked someone who wasn't a variation of an existing character? Did they really have to use him to make the Zelda roster go up to five?

I still like the game, and I try to keep my whining at a minimum, but after being promised so many things and having to wait for about two years for them, I'm a little down.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
pit is annoying as hell, he really wouldnt be half as annoying if it wasnt for his stupid voice. I can get past cheap moves and recovery but all that hyahyahayhayhayhayhayahyhaya is just too annoying.

the char roster is realistic so idk why ppl complain about it

also triping sucks

Firebert

Smash Ace
Simply put, "You're too slow!" Maybe I only find Sonic's voice annoying because I thought his old voice actor was perfect, but the new, 4Kids voice makes me vomit in terror. And this sucks, because I actually LIKE using Sonic. Even though I don't use his voiced taunts, I still have to hear his "Go" whenever I do a f-smash (which I tend to do a lot with Sonic).
Second complaint is, of course, tripping. Why Sakurai, why? This is the worst game mechanic in any fighter I've ever played, and it happens more often than I thought it would. It can happen at any time, during anything you do. I've slipped IN THE AIR! Explain that, please. Also, slipping with smash attacks=Huh? The same goes for slipping as soon as the match begins. All in all, the WORST part of Brawl in my opinion.

NukeA6

Smash Master
We're complaining about voices now? Seems there are new complaints each week.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
tripping is just lame and 35 for me is a little small counting the inhanced clones. lag of wifi .Plus the long aireal jumps you cant jump without someone just going under you and doing a ^ aireal at you , moral :jumping isnt safe anymore. Complaining about voices is stupid .and pit is extremly anonoying aka from far he arrows and when you try that back his annoying shield pops up then when you get close he >B now this dosent always work if againsr good players but there isnt much you can do about that annoying ^B.

And where did all the pokeball pokemon and assist trophys sakurai promised go! when im playing with my friends we sometimes like to have only pokeballs on...but now i think theres even less pokemon then there where in melee. Then theres the fact that only 1 assist trophy and 3 pokeballs are allowed at once.....

Though over all I love this game.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
No Geno. No Ridley. No Krystal. No...Whoever else deserved it...

And 35 characters with clones still? God ****ing ****... Sakurai said 40 characters... Not ****ing 30 original movesets. I expected 40. ****ing 40. Not ****ing 30. 40.

Lag on wifi, tripping, no black/white Yoshi... No blue Pikachu party hat... Alternative costumes in general... Doc should have been an alternative Mario costume, ****it! :(

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of complaints about this game, but the biggest complaint is the way the button input was programmed. I hate how with the cube controller, the triggers have to be pressed all the way down for your shield to come up. I don't understand why they didn't make it so as soon as you press the trigger in the shield comes up.

Also, using the c-stick for smashes is annoying now. I think it should be only used for smashes, like it was in melee. Now, it does tilts and dash attacks depending on what the control stick is doing.

Boblit

Smash Rookie
llol bomberman is boring as hell... and not a nintendo character lol, and link can already throw bombs... lol

AcidRain

Smash Rookie
One of my few complaints of the game is that SSE gets a bit redundant after a while.

I wish it wasn't a 3D sidescroller.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
No Geno. No Ridley. No Krystal. No...Whoever else deserved it...
Geno=WTF/OldSkool We already have Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch. Who were all, by the way more important. Krystal=Meh. Nothing against and not much for. Wolf is more important.

And 35 characters with clones still? God ****ing ****... Sakurai said 40 characters... Not ****ing 30 original movesets. I expected 40. ****ing 40. Not ****ing 30. 40.
Where!!! Where did he say that you whiny punk!! Ugh! Smash World is not Sakurai!!! Prophets and fanboys are not Sakurai!!
Lag on wifi, tripping, no black/white Yoshi... No blue Pikachu party hat... Alternative costumes in general... Doc should have been an alternative Mario costume, ****it! :(
Lag=It's fine for me. It could have something to do with your internet. Tripping=meh. I like it. Costumes=Boohoo I don't get what I want. Hot topic ness and taliban pikachu make up for it in my opinion. Doc= Would have been cool but you really shouldn't get your hopes up if you are going to be this dissapointed.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Finally! Now, nuke every single complaint thread. Really. No lock, just delete, or move to the secret spam area.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I have a lot of complaints about this game, but the biggest complaint is the way the button input was programmed. I hate how with the cube controller, the triggers have to be pressed all the way down for your shield to come up. I don't understand why they didn't make it so as soon as you press the trigger in the shield comes up.

Also, using the c-stick for smashes is annoying now. I think it should be only used for smashes, like it was in melee. Now, it does tilts and dash attacks depending on what the control stick is doing.
Strange; everytime I use the control stick, I only do smashes unless the character I'm using is in the air or running.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
I do have a bunch of complaints about brawl. I don't feel it was really worth it.

1. Wii-mote is terrible controller. No c-stick, hard to hold.

2. Wii-mote with nunchuck even worse. No c-stick, awkward to hold, jump button is inaccessible, as it is the same button as the shield. One must use the joystick to jump. I don't have any game cube controllers, so now, I have to buy them off friends (if I continue to play).

3. No L-Cancelling. It has been around for a long time, and it was a useful thing they had, which actually involved some skill. Now aerial attacks are much worse.

4. No Wave-dashing. Ok, now I realise that this was a glitch, but it was a good one. People enjoyed wave-dashing, because once again, it is a skill, and a helpful one.

5. Tripping. What's that about? Competitive smash games are not meant to involve anything like this. That is why in competitive games, people turn the items off, in order to eliminate, as much as possible, the luck factor of the game. There is always some luck, I know that, but we try to reduce that as much as possible.

6. Slow online play. Yes, it is only a few frames, but as we all know, in smash, that makes a HUGE difference. Especially when fast characters are involved. This is not because I have slow internet btw, My internet when I play any other game is crystal clear, and so is my friends (who I play, and lag with).

7. Air dodge that doesn't move people. This is just ridiculous. A LOT of the skill of the game, come out of how to recover properly from off the edge. Now, people often have one way of doing this, taking out a lot of the skill needed from the edgeguarder.

8. Slower play. Indeed, I do think that this is a weaker argument than the others, but it is still a valid one, which leads to my overall point. Slower play means less combos, meaning less skill.

9. SSE length. This is just ridiculous. This takes a very long time to do, AND its pretty much the only way to unlock all the characters. It takes approximately 5 hours to do. Classic mode and Adventure mode were decent, because it is actual Super Smash Brothers. In the SSE, there is no percentage, or anything like that. It's just attacking. Blatant. "Spamming". No skill involved, its really about attacks, pure attacks, which is not what Super Smash Brothers is all about.

10. Stronger ground attacks. The game, for a long time, has been about using a combination of ground, and air attacks, in order to combo your opponent. Now however, ground attacks have become much more powerful. In fact, I was playing a friend, who pretty much never plays, and all he did was sit on the ground, and use his ground attacks. Now USUALLY, I will take a few hits, then use some combos to outplay him, but now, his ground attack "few hits" not only do more damage, but completely out-prioritize mine. This does not just apply to one character, but many (with a few exceptions). To end the story, I did eventually win, but for someone to be able to come very close, just staying on the ground, without using any kind of skill, is just not possible in any other games.

To sum up my 10 points, the game.

1. Takes less skill.
2. Takes a long time so unlock everyone.
3. Annoying online play.
4. Game cube controller is a must
5. Slow online Play.

Phew, now THAT was a fun rant. Ty very much.

NukeA6

Smash Master
9. SSE length. This is just ridiculous. This takes a very long time to do, AND its pretty much the only way to unlock all the characters. It takes approximately 5 hours to do. Classic mode and Adventure mode were decent, because it is actual Super Smash Brothers. In the SSE, there is no percentage, or anything like that. It's just attacking. Blatant. "Spamming". No skill involved, its really about attacks, pure attacks, which is not what Super Smash Brothers is all about.
Adventure Mode decent? No, it's terrible. You do know that there's other ways to unlock characters, right?

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
Adventure Mode decent? No, it's terrible. You do know that there's other ways to unlock characters, right?
When I was saying it was decent, I was trying to be nice about it.

And yes, I do know that there are other ways, but playing so many vs. mode matches takes even longer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Aside from my previous complaints, I'd like to add that Wario is the only one to get alternate costumes. I find it ridiculous that he gets favoritism for this. Just about every character could've gotten this treatment, but they didn't. Heck, the idea of alternate model characters wasn't touched on either. The former would add larger wardrobes and possibly clothes that the characters have never worn. The latter gives us more characters without resorting to clones.

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
Only a few complaints-

Diddy Kong and Snake are ********. Its like playing with items on. Banana peels? Land mines? Stupid.

Tripping? 1 stock, 100%+ each, 3rd game of the set. Pulses race, your brow sweats. You sucker your opponent into making a mistake and falling into your trap, and start to throw your perfectly placed dash-usmash... only to fall, and the guy c-sticks you any direction he chooses. /cry /wrists

Lucas's forward smash killed my fox in the low 70s today off the boundaries on... I forget which stage. Something with a platform, (smashville?) but still, I was like "dubya tee eff".

Other than that, no real complaints. Just wish I could waveshine/shinespike more often (tho I've managed to land a few against marth and others... only to be levelspiked by their up-bs)

milind4

Smash Apprentice
i just wish that the daily custom stage/screenshot/replay would automatically be downloaded and not have me connect to the internet (takes 2-3 min., living in india) every day just for the custom thing, even if i'm not going to play online..

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
you can only spam 3 pokeballs as opposed to 12 in melee in training mode. Sonic is weak, masterpieces are so short to where its not even a demo, break the targets are generic, no board the platforms or race to the finish, and of course tripping

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I know the game is out, but I suppose this is a good place to vent.

Why is Issac an AT? He should have been playable. I dislike how certain series are getting high amount of representation while minor others are just stunned, Saki/Isaac/Little Mac would have been fun characters.

Lack of Race to the Finish, its rather minor but one would think that they would be able to create one with ease since there were many SSE Levels.

Mute City and Fountain of Dreams R.I.P

Stage builder is rather pathetic. I wish they had given us the blocks/features/backgrounds they used to create SSE. This would have added so much replay value, this stage builder is a joke.

Lag when grabbing the ledge/ auto grabbing the ledge - it pisses me of that the edge guard game was nerfed. I don't really care much about the lack of wavedash or L-cancel, but this bothers me the most.

Cpt. Falcon/Samus/Ganon 'nerfs' - they were alright characters in Melee, not too strong but they were characters that excelled if a person was good with them. I thought they were at the standard level the characters should have been tweaked to.

Random items in SSE and Classic Mode = too much items, and they are just troublesome... makes 1 player such a drag.

Online mode - 'play everyone' has no options for no items/1v1, and playing with friends is alright but 64 limit is too low =).

Generic SSE Enemies and Bosses - I care about those stupid Primids. They should have made the enemies as baddies from other games. I enjoyed the Koopas and Goombas, but we need some Redeads, Sir Kibbles, Krocs, Metroids, Random Ratatatas, and Generic Soldiers (Fire Emblem) lol. Some more Bosses from other games would have been amazing such as Dynablade.

Why is Wario the only special one for alternate costume. I believe a lot of people would be happy if they could use their characters with model swaps/ costume swaps.

NukeA6

Smash Master
It seems Sakurai left Fire Emblem 4-5 in the cold. No trophy, AT, song, or even a sticker. WTH?

Why is it that there are songs from the two worst FEs and no songs from the best one (arguably) in the series?

The only trophies we have are from PoR (and FE7's Lyn). Maybe I can understand that but how is it that FE8 gets 4 stickers yet FE1 gets 3 and FE4 gets zero? They could at least have a Celice sticker.

I have no problem seeing FE7 getting rep since it is the first game in the series to go international but why the hell does FE8 get credit?

FUN FACT: Did you know the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG was almost in Brawl?

Enki

Smash Rookie
ok let me try it here. Why did Sakurai gave us a update about tactics on how to use l cancel, and now I can't find it at smashbros.com. we all know it's not in the game. But why did he post it on his website and why did he deleted it?

Akro

Smash Rookie
I hate slipping simply because there isn't an option to turn it off... (this could be an easily disabled feature via options, but there isn't any. GG 'tendo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom