• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
maybe if we did that, it would be a good idea to start from ROB's disadvantages in matchups, and then work our way up.

In reality, it is impossible to reach a characters full potential. But we can still try :p
This.

And besides, we have plenty of time to build R.O.B.'s metagame. If we make the rankings, it'll encourage others to do better, and in the process of getting better we can help build our metagame. ^_^

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
I'll believe it when I see it, because the Social thread was supposed to bring some life back to the ROB boards and it did- and then distracted them from getting anything done.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ummm... you can advance the metagame and make rankings at the same time?

1. chibo
2. holy
3. metaknight
4. fishy
5. 2008 hugs
6. shadowrob
7. ninjalinks diddy

done.

next order of business?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i know. that sucks lol

but w/e, i got to go to a tourney that was an hour away, compared to like 2.5 hours for inuis, make money, go to white castle afterwards, and the tourney ended at like 3:30 lol

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
=( 3:30. We weren't even done with LOW TIER DOUBLES by 3:30. Keep in mind that we still had low tier singles just "starting," regular doubles, and regular singles to go... and there were at least like 30 people in low tier singles..

..Yea.

I pulled off a beautiful Fast-falled fair to side B momentum cancel against a wario's halfway-charged fart at like 90>100 percent. Aww yeah =)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
depends on how half charged it was. surviving that is nice, but it sounds like it was prob the bare min of his haft

does overB def cancel ur momentum? i didnt kno that (well like, i knew it helps i guess, but i wasnt sure how much rly)

i cant wait to get vids up from the tourney i was at. i was on freicken fire.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Where are you at?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8032070&postcount=3765
Complete with the link to the OTHER thread and video about it. Wafflecopter for top tier

I should really get to finishing the vertical knockback stuff. It's so boring because there are a lot more ways to mess up. Different aerials give you more/less time to fastfall, which in some cases is worth the extra frames it takes to get the move out.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
25th/60+ at FLgaming
Me<Masky Wario 17th 1-2
Me>Xero Diddy 2-0
Me>Wonderbread MK 17th 2-0
Me<Munk DDD 17th 0-2
I determined a few things.
1) I do not know how to stop Wario aircamping....
2) The Mk matchup when the Mk does not know the Rob mathcup is winnable
3) Munk is the best unkown DDD ive played ever...

----
Super friendlies: Power ranked edition!!! (aka 0$ MMs)
Me < Seibrik 1-2 Mk + DDD (Every Match was SOOOOOO CLOSEEEEEEEEEEEEE) Id like to add he got a reallllly lucky gordo off one match =/
Me < Hrnut 2-3 Snake/mk (g1 mk ditto johns)
Me > Xyz 3-2 Falco/gaw

Ace76

Smash Cadet
I got 25th at FL gaming too. Lost to Tommy G, and GDX. I beat Ghaude, and sensie. I didn't use ROB the entire time though.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Still trying to figure out how Munk is now in Florida, when he was an NJ player fora very long time.
When do you all expect to have a power rankings system set up and here.I'm curious to know who stacks up against who.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Still trying to figure out how Munk is now in Florida, when he was an NJ player fora very long time.
When do you all expect to have a power rankings system set up and here.I'm curious to know who stacks up against who.
Hes going to Fullsail
A college in Orlando

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Interesting

I never actually got to play Munk in singles when he was here, only in doubles at DSO2.

Sooooo....

where are we with this?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Posting EoW results here too:

9th of 26 in singles
Beat Tant 2-1
Lost to Neo 0-2
Beat BetaZealot 2-1
Beat Abyss 2-0
Lost to G-reg 1-2

I'm still pissed I lost to G-reg cuz he had to CP Fox after I jv 2 stocked his Snake 2nd game :( but oh well

As for where is this going...not sure, that's up to the boards. I still want NL and OS on the list, and others seem to as well. It won't be THAT hard to rank them, we should be able to figure out how their R.O.B. compares to the others. If need be, do a poll on it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i sort of took over after owm's inactivity, but didnt feel the need to make a new thread until we actually decide on a ranking first lol.

top 5? top 10?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
.Com likes to refer to himself in the third person as well at times. So if overswarm likes to do the same thing, .Com supports him.

I really do wonder who'd better Chibo or Holy.
Discuss?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lets just continue discussion here, then when we have a list il make a new thread for it. we had a lot of good discussion going on, what happened to it?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Everyone stopped posting? lol

I made a new list btw, one with NL and OS, one without...

With
----------
1. HolyNightmare
2. NinjaLink
3. HugS
4. t0mmy
5. Stingers
6. Chibo
7. Jamnt0ast
8. Overswarm
9. Zom~B
10. buenob/Mr.E

Without
-----------
1. HolyNightmare
2. HugS
3. t0mmy
4. Stingers
5. Chibo
6. Jamnt0ast
7. Zom~B
8. buenob/Mr.E
9. buenob/Mr.E
10. BO X7 (I really still see him as a Mario main even though he "dropped" him, but meh)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i mean like, it would be nice to rank ninjalink, he easily has potential for best rob imo, but we dont have the accurate results to rank him. overswarm is practically the same boat, but slightly easier to do since hes gone all rob in tourneys at times, but still same prob. i say give em the honorable mentions.

i dont even remember where we were before...

didnt we split all robs into 3 groups (someone wanna find that list?) then we'l all talk and work on rankings the first group (whcih was 5 ppl iirc), then pick the top 5 out of the intermediate category, then order them.

problem solved.

0. Overswarm's MetaKnight
1. chibo
2. holy
3. metaknight
4. fishy
5. 2008 hugs
6. shadowrob
7. ninjalinks diddy
15. Overswarm's ROB

jjvirus

Smash Champion
jjvirus is officially a noob.
That's been official for a long time, dude. Where ya been?

Sig'd btw. Good ****, keep it up :D

i mean like, it would be nice to rank ninjalink, he easily has potential for best rob imo, but we dont have the accurate results to rank him. overswarm is practically the same boat, but slightly easier to do since hes gone all rob in tourneys at times, but still same prob. i say give em the honorable mentions.

i dont even remember where we were before...

didnt we split all robs into 3 groups (someone wanna find that list?) then we'l all talk and work on rankings the first group (whcih was 5 ppl iirc), then pick the top 5 out of the intermediate category, then order them.
Whatever works lol
The list
vvvvvv

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7914083&postcount=396

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol nice thread
i would like to take part in it, but i live too far from most of the championships in the USA /Canada/anywhere else

at least people in Brazil tells me that i am the best ROB around here =D
i'll try to do a good job on the next tournament i attend, just dunno when......

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok then, lets start by rankings the top 5

ChiboSempai
Holy
HugS
Stingers
t0mmy

How should we do this, should everyone offer their opinion and we discuss?

referrence peoples results they posted earlier if need be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom