• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
-Note: I honestly don't remember Stingers results, and can't find em anywhere. We should really make a results archive. perhaps il make one tonight.

1. Holy
2. Chibo/Hugs
3. Chibo/Hugs
4. Tommy
5. Stingers

T0MMY

Smash Master
1. Holy
2. t0mmy (note the 't' is not capitalized)
3. HugS
4. Chibosempai
5. Hitori/Jamnt0ast/Zom~B/CPU

I doubt any of us have really played Holy, so I don't know what it's worth to vote for him, but I'd guess he's really good, but it's really only a guess we have until he comes down to an event and plays with us. So for the sake of any arguments I'll have him in the first slot and keep my fingers crossed he'll come to west coast soon.

For myself, I've consistently placed higher than all other R.O.B.s, not just in Pac NW but in all west coast events. I've made the most money in cash prizes, most definitely #1 in my entire state, and probably #1 in the entire Pac NW region. I also play solely as R.O.B., whereas I can't think of a single other R.O.B. player who doesn't switch to another character when dealing with MKs.

I can't decide who to rank next slot because Chibo placed higher than HugS at Genesis, and the matchups could go either way, both only losing to good players and neither defeating a top player.

The other split vote goes to Hitori, who actually retired but decided to play at Genesis simply because it was a big event that was near enough to travel to, so he actually would be removed but deserves recognition for his past performances if anything before he's officially retired. Jamnt0ast, who is a good player that never travels outside WA. And Zom~B who is a good player and showed his knowledge in difficult matchups like Valden's G&W (plus he's a really nice person).
I almost forgot about CPU! Yes, the guy who won EVO 2k8 against Ken. He actually got a bad rep from winning that event, but at EVO 2k9 he placed just as high as HugS and I got to watch him play and played with him. He's actually a very competent player. He lost to one of my crewmates, Dog Latin, who has a lot of R.O.B. practice, obviously, and I doubt he knows the Ness matchup at all.

I can't say anything about Stingers as I don't know anything about him at all.

I won't have my say on NinjaLink either since I've never played him and I've only ever seen him play Diddy Kong and the only video of his R.O.B. he got destroyed. I'm sure Azen has one of the best R.O.B.s as well, but there's a difference between player skill and character ability.

So my list will probably change in time when I get to play with some of the other players or whatever. But I'll let it stay as it is now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
despite the hopeless thread iv actually still been ROB against MK. Summers really inactive in PA in terms of practice and smashfests since a lot of people move home for college, so I've barely had any practice for my Wario lately. I think I only had like two full sets for my Wario, which were for a tourney back in June when I had more practice for him.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
You could always practice with with the PA ROBs/rest of our area, but I don't know if you'ld ever want to drive that far just for serious friendlies

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would but I don't have a car :/

I have to rely on borrowing my parents' whenever they let me, which normally isn't too much of a problem, they just don't like me takin it out for the whole day, since they normally use their cars mid day.

I'm movin back to Philly either Sept 1st or 15th, depending on which apartment I choose, since some have differ move in dates.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm canadian, so I have played holy today, infact I played him just yesterday at the tournament I went to, he also uses MK Xp. And as for the rankings list, I am officially the 2nd best rob in canada, next to holy being 1st. I'll upload the tourney results ASAP.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
First round he went Pikachu, and the second he went Pokemon Trainer.
Wow......
=/
Ive beaten his PT in tourney, but **** and the pika matchup is really easy (if you realize that you out prioritize EVERYTHING he does and try not to recover high)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom