• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So..D3 and Luigi. A viable team. Yes or no? Seems like there would be some fun gimmicks there with CG > one of Luigi's **** kill moves. Swallow + Shoryuken.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
So..D3 and Luigi. A viable team. Yes or no? Seems like there would be some fun gimmicks there with CG > one of Luigi's **** kill moves. Swallow + Shoryuken.
Nado spamming MK's can kind of wreck both of you.... MK in general can kind of wreck both of you lol.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I have a question... how come when I jab Up B certain opponents, they're able to block it on reaction, yet sometimes I jab jab Up B and it works <_<... it doesn't make sense since in Magus' thread it sais that the 2nd jab is bad for followups yet I land the most amazing followup after the 2nd jab sometimes... while the 1st jab is a constant fail.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I have a question... how come when I jab Up B certain opponents, they're able to block it on reaction, yet sometimes I jab jab Up B and it works <_<... it doesn't make sense since in Magus' thread it sais that the 2nd jab is bad for followups yet I land the most amazing followup after the 2nd jab sometimes... while the 1st jab is a constant fail.
They could be DI'ing the second jab wrong. Its true the second jab does not give you as many frames advantage as the first jab does, but you just have to make sure of two things. First, that you are doing it to a character that jab->upB works on. Second, that you are properly canceling the jab.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yeah, most people think good DI = upward + away DI when it really isn't the case (TL's upB, Sonic's Fair, most character's jabs, etc...)
They may not react to the first jab, but then DI the second jab wrong.

TreK

Is "that guy"
MK ? :V

I don't really know, Luigi is a great double character and he does well with anyone. Luigi mostly takes the offensive in doubles, so try a tank as a partner maybe.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Luigi Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Luigi fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Luigi abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Luigi's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks a lot, yoshq. =]
If anyone else has anything to throw in on this MU on DP, I would appreciate it a beepton! <3

BSP

Smash Legend
Try to get used to powershielding lasers, and make sure you force ROB into the air. Luigi can put good pressure on him once he's above.

Look at the Jab followups thread to see what we have on him, and if we don't have garunteed jab 1 followups, try doing jab 1-> jab 2 as a mindgame.

TreK

Is "that guy"
ROB can be jab shoryu'd if near enough, and it shouldn't be that hard to get in on most stages. If you aren't near enough, jab dsmash does 21% and is guaranteed, you could also go for the jab jab jab jab jab jab mindgames or for the grabs, putting him into the air is never a bad idea.

Overall once you get in ROB is screwed. This is why the stage choice is important, ie getting in is much much harder on castle siege than on Delfino.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
It's not that hard to get into R.O.B on CS unless it's the second part. The 1st part is in Luigi's favor because of how small it is in general.( Not to mention the low ceiling. :D)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
rlly? i thought it was fmash becuz it kills really goodly but it has bad rgn3 nd is slow.

i wus thinknigng it cud asslo be dtilt becuz it hs relly g00d range nd n01 expetcs it

lordhelmet

Smash Master
l0lwut st00p1d sonic main every1 excpetc dtaunt and it has rlly bad range and no disjont

dtilt has 3 hitb4wxes and is rlly fast so i think ns its bes kill move

TreK

Is "that guy"
What is a killmove ?
A move that kills ?
Luigi has no moves that doesn't kill :/

Well actually he has two. side taunt and up taunt. But up taunt kills you irl so idk.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys I'm considering maiming Luigi and I just have a few questions:

Is it worthwhile setting the d pad to special, for the huge boost it gives rising grounded cyclone? Does this have any viable application?

I don't really understand jab cancelling. How much lag is cut by tapping down before the follow up?

Also, does T sticking to continously jab1 out of crouch count as JCing, or is that too slow?

With T sticking how do I nair? I do it alot by accident when I try to do other aerials, but I don't know what the actual command is.

Can pivot jabbing be done without T sticking?

Thanks in advance.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Answering what I can answer...

Is it worthwhile setting the d pad to special, for the huge boost it gives rising grounded cyclone? Does this have any viable application?
-> you better just train your wrist/thumb/index/whatever it takes to rise with it instead of using that. I tried it. First, the boost isn't that huge because the input errors happen more often (you have to release it to presse it again ; you can't roll the d pad), plus you cannot control your nado horizontally if you're doing that.
AND IT ****ING CUTS DOWN LUIGI'S DTAUNT !!!

I don't really understand jab cancelling. How much lag is cut by tapping down before the follow up?
-> depends. You can buffer anything without jab cancelling out of jab 1 and it'll count just as if you were jab cancelling (upB, ftilt, grab), but other moves require you to jab cancel to land the followups the right way, cus otherwise they just transform into jab combos (jab1 to jab 1 and jab1 to dsmash are the most common)
Jab cancelling just makes the IASA frames visibles, because the IASA starts before the jab2 buffering window ends.

Also, does T sticking to continously jab1 out of crouch count as JCing, or is that too slow?
-> I don't understand what you're asking here.

With T sticking how do I nair? I do it alot by accident when I try to do other aerials, but I don't know what the actual command is.
-> I think it has to do with the c stick diagonals.

Can pivot jabbing be done without T sticking?
-> of course. be gentle with your pad and it will do whatever you want it to do.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks.

With the cyclone, I couldn't get very high just pressing B, but with the D pad I could get ontop of the highest Battlefield platform, which is why I asked.

What I meant about the crouching question is that with T sticking, you can crouch and repeatedly press the reverse direction on the C stick to do jab1 over and over. I was just wondering if these jabs were unescapable like normal JCs, of if they were too slow.

JOE!

Smash Hero
back again :p

this time I want to know:

which of Weegee's moves (including throws) have kill potential?

on the flip side, which of weegee's moves are best for momentum canceling?

TreK

Is "that guy"
best to worst :
up B
misfire
fsmash upwards
usmash
fsmash
nair
uair
bair
dair
dsmash
bthrow

Luigi's recovery summed up in a few words :
momentum cancel with fair, it lasts 23 frames.
Side B is affected by the momentum glitch : you can die when it charges
upB is affected by third jump glitch : you get a landing penalty on your next landing if you touch the ledge
down B can rise as long as you haven't finished it : if you get hit halfway, you'll recover ; if not, you die.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
how do u rise down b in mid air w/o using your jump?

do you really just press B suuuuuuuuper fast or is there an easier trick or technique to it?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You can set the D pad to special. Just press in the middle, where there is the circular indent. I guess it reads as 4 inputs at a time.

On Battlefield, by pressing B, I barely raise off the ground with a grounded cyclone.

With the d pad, I press it at the same rate and from a grounded cyclone I get Luigi ontop of the top BF platform.

It's only a bit shorter than a jumped cyclone using B (pressing the buttons at the same rate that is).

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I think the distance that you recover with a jumpless cyclone, is much better than the one with a jump.
Cause with the jump you go really **** high, and cyclone has a decent amount of ending lag which leads to a punish that puts you off stage again, this time without a cyclone to use.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yeah but it'd be useful if i didn't wanna use my jump or if i got hit outta my jump. is there no technique to press buttons fast? maybe flick the edge of the B? xD

Top Bottom