• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicy

Smash Rookie
To chain grab Marth you must do a shield grab right? Is the easiest way to do this to change the shield button to the Y button? Or would you suggest just doing the typical L or R shield grab. Also, should I always do the shield chain grab?

DZLE

Smash Master
Let me clear up some confusion.

First of all, @Beef:
I tested it for literally 60 seconds before running out the door last night.
From what I saw, using A to throw a Waddle thats already out does NOT deteriorate the move. Not really a game-changing find, but an interesting fact.

As for the Chaingrab on Marth:
You can chaingrab him without shielding. BUT IF YOU DO THIS: He can spam up B and get out if it if your even half a frame off.
If you do the shield chain grab on Marth, perfectly (which every DDD main should strive for), he cant get out. No matter what. and if you DO mess up, you just shield his Dolphin Slash, so you dont take damage or knockback.

Also, a fun little mindgame:
For the first half or even whole match of a set against a marth player, Regular chain grab him a lot (if you know you can do it perfect), and watch him try to dolphin slash out. Get him in the mindset that he can get out only in that way.
Then, do it, mess up on purpose, shield the slash, AND PUNISH!! This is such an easy punish its not even funny.

V

Smash Ace
What are D3's best/worst stages against Snake?

best/worst stages against DK?

i main MK and D3 is a good counter to those 2 which are some of MK's bad matches and I want to know the stages for these matches

Thanks

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Against Snake you want to avoid stages with a lot of platforms like Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, and Norfair and instead take him to wide open spaces like FD and Pokemon Stadium 1. Alternatively you could take him to Raonbow Cruise to negate his camping and leave him essentially as a sitting duck while he catches up to the stage with the only minor downside of this being the low ceiling that he can potentially kill you very early on in.

Against DK, you want to avoid stages that would allow him to platform camp (Battlefield, Lylat), moving stages (Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon), and stages with hazards that would interrupt you infiniteing him (Norfair, Brinstar). Everything else is fine for you, though I guess the best stage would be FD since all he can do to avoid you there is plank.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Is there a reason why that "DDD cannot throw items off none" thingy thread still locked? Nobody's posted there for more than two months and there's no real use for it now =(. So. . .?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Is there a reason why that "DDD cannot throw items off none" thingy thread still locked? Nobody's posted there for more than two months and there's no real use for it now =(. So. . .?
It's to prevent stupid questions.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to cancel the little landing lag animation when DDD falls from a far distance other than using another jump/aerial?

DZLE

Smash Master
JV 2/3/4 stocked means you killed them with 0% on that stock.

Like if i have 2 stocks at 0% and i win
you just got jv 3 stocked son

Bwa

Smash Cadet
Hello,
I was wondering, who can be a good second for DDD? Because characters that can beat ddd are often used ~~

So if anyone knows who can support ddd, I need some advice please :o

(I'm training MK, sooo lazy =D )

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MK, Marth, and G&W are the best secondaries for Dedede since they cover his bad matchups pretty well..

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Any good NON-top/high tier characters that are good seconds for King Dedede? Maybe disregarding matchups...?
If you're disregarding matchups, play whoever the **** you want lol.

Generally, the whole point of having a secondary is to cover bad matchups. Not taking that into account pretty much defeats the purpose from a competitive standpoint.

As far as non-high tier characters, Pikachu, ICs, and Kirby are all good, I guess.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
Thank you to answer so fast :bee:

All those characters are funny to play, but now I've a good idea of which character I should choose :)

Loge

Smash Cadet
ok then, let's assume he has a % advantage on you and is running out the clock

best way to try to get a lead?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If you're disregarding matchups, play whoever the **** you want lol.

Generally, the whole point of having a secondary is to cover bad matchups. Not taking that into account pretty much defeats the purpose from a competitive standpoint.

As far as non-high tier characters, Pikachu, ICs, and Kirby are all good, I guess.
Thanks anyways, but I didn't really mean disregarding matchups like that, but meh...

Who's your secondary Gates?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
G&W and MK are my secondaries. Ganon is for the lulz so I can yell "You dare bring light into my lair!? YOU MUST DIE!!"

DZLE

Smash Master
Lol. I have two mains, cause I play them equally in tourney.
Snake and DDD.
You could say I main DDD and second Snake though...

But, as a DDD main, a secondary i use the most for the matchups ddd gets ***** in is Marth.
I love my marth.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
How come my previous question wasn't added there? =D It's something small but anything is anything.

Gates, I'm ashamed of you secondaring such elite characters LOL, yeah like you said, they must go with dealing with King Dedede's bad matchups...

DZLE

Smash Master
How come my previous question wasn't added there? =D It's something small but anything is anything.

Gates, I'm ashamed of you secondaring such elite characters LOL, yeah like you said, they must go with dealing with King Dedede's bad matchups...
Use laymans terms for me and explain what you mean by disreguarding matchups for a secondary but then not disreguarding matchups.
I am kinda slow XD but i wanna help!

And yeah, As you can see I second the high tiers too...
They just make up for DDD better than most.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gates, I'm ashamed of you secondaring such elite characters LOL
Tiers don't factor into it at all. If I wanted to be an elitist I'd play Snake or Falco but I don't like the amount of foresight you need to put into playing Snake and Falco is, for all intents and purposes, Dedede with a better projectile and better damage building skills but a worse chaingrab and poor recovery. I like the way G&W plays, he covers the bad matchups, and he offers a lot that Dedede and MK don't, like an amazing juggling game ans powerful, fast smashes, which is why I chose him. Bite me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I use MK because he was my secondary before I picked up Game & Watch. He's also who I use in teams and in some matchups I can't do that well with using G&W or Dedede (mainly Diddy but also MK dittos).

V

Smash Ace
I stopped maining DDD for a while but now i'm back ( he's just too much fun :) ) what are the new things with inhale???

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I stopped maining DDD for a while but now i'm back ( he's just too much fun :) ) what are the new things with inhale???
1.) After you do a down throw on a character that cannot be chaingrabbed, try an Inhale.
2.) The most important technique that all King Dedede players should know is B-Reversaling the Inhale, the true AT that can apply to any special attack.
3.) A natural technique that every player should develope with King Dedede is his swallowcide... just inhale him off the stage and fastfall...be careful of your stock though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom