• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nebraska Power Rankings Updated 5/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
#1-Jarell belongs at #4. This should be addressed now.

#2-We need to figure out who #5 is if Smeesh and Mexi and Echo and Cue and Nate/Lincoln friends and everyone else aren't going to take this seriously. Thugz was my vote until he lost to Aura and GameGenie today. Aura beat GameGenie, fyi. It's very like me to pick the new guy, but that Zinyo guy was good and is my vote, but if we are doing out of state rankings, GameGenie gets it because he's going to go to Kahoka. GameGenie currently has more KC-IA-MO-NE circuit points than Mexi (1)/Tyser (0)/Thugz(0) and is tied with Smeesh (2).

So, Trent/MRM/ResTy/Dark Yosh/GG222 is what the list should look like.

Trent

Smash Champion
The list is staying the same until Kahoka. Maybe if Jarell went to a non Nebraska tournament I'd add him in, but the fact is that he is not active.

If he goes to Kahoka he'll be considered.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Jarell beat JLO, I mean, the criteria for getting on is who you beat...he beat someone who no one from Nebraska can beat. If he isn't on, this list is wrong and you are wrong. We have a computer and Tyser with 1 hand as our #4/5 players. If we have someone who actually belongs, put them there. He's missed only 1 more Nebraska tournament than you have since these monthly's started. It's not like I'm saying to put on someone who doesn't belong, seriously. /rant

I see a card-nerd-Lurking, what the hell is Arvas, anyway?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Spoken like a true hater Tyser also if you was offered 5,000 to take a sh*t on multiple copies of Brawl and mail them back to Sakurai will u do it?

Trent

Smash Champion
Jarell beat JLO, I mean, the criteria for getting on is who you beat...he beat someone who no one from Nebraska can beat. If he isn't on, this list is wrong and you are wrong. We have a computer and Tyser with 1 hand as our #4/5 players. If we have someone who actually belongs, put them there. He's missed only 1 more Nebraska tournament than you have since these monthly's started. It's not like I'm saying to put on someone who doesn't belong, seriously. /rant

I see a card-nerd-Lurking, what the hell is Arvas, anyway?
I've beaten JLO both times I've ran into him in bracket, both when he was good and out of shape. Once Jarell goes to a real tournament we will consider putting him in the top 5. As of right now we are keeping it at top 3.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Rob, I can beat Dark Yosh. I'm not necessarily better than him, but I think almost all our matches were pretty even, depending on who I was playing. And Aura didn't beat me, stop saying that. The only thing that you can say is that GG beat me and that.... idk. Zinho was some decent guy that showed up out of nowhere, and he was the other guy that beat me. We're smashfesting more and this was just one tiny tourney -.-

Trent

Smash Champion
The tournament yesterday will have no impact on the rankings what so ever so don't worry about it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lmao, I sandbag so hard in friendlies in literally every game. Being able to beat people in bracket with the least amount of effort possible and concealing your tricks/mindgames until later on is a strategy. Concentration is a resource, and you are limited. Why use it on friendlies or against free wins when I can just beat you with my 8th best character using gimmicks? Hypothetically speaking of course.

THuGz

Smash Lord
How bout oro is ranked 1st in nebraska cuz he's on this thread as much as anyone from here

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Tourney this weekend I got 2nd in Melee, 3rd in Brawl dubs, and 7th in Brawl Singles. I lost to Arty in a close set. Our #1 PR almost got 7th place lmao.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You guys need to beat me, then we'll talk.
Switch back to MK and I'll beat you again. Seriously though, this is true, our PR doesn't matter until we are competitive against each other. But Jarell is still #4, but if you want to keep it at 3, cool, get rid of the computers. Also, it would help if Tyser came to more smashfests, there were more smashfests and watching me play Mega Man wasn't so much more fun.

Zinho was some decent guy that showed up out of nowhere, and he was the other guy that beat me.
I'm working on recruiting this guy.

THuGz

Smash Lord
ORO! I was scrolling through my wii which I haven't cleaned the names out from since I went to Chicago for a tourney in like April and I saw Arty's name, maybe you were there!@#

THuGz

Smash Lord
Uh it was some tournament with the name shinobi in it i think

PS: no I don't think it was, but it was some suburb outside of Chicago about 40 minutes away and it was at a coffee shop with an african american waitress who just couldn't pronounce the word cheese or pizza... m2k and judge were both there

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yea, I was there. I help out DevilDigimon, the guy who worked at the coffee shop/has been running IL tourneys for like 2 years there. If it was a 2 day event, I made it out of pools and then forfeit Brawl because I got bored. If both Brawl and Melee were on the same day, then I was probably sitting by the front entrance playing Melee.

All the events do have Shinobi in the name. The series that he has been running for over a year has been called Most Angriest Shinobi, MAS for short. Judge and M2K showed up too many times.

I am at every MAS.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Which one you was? I probably remember everyone, it was a great experience. Also, DevilDigimon is ****ing delightful. You should ask him if he remembers me, I came with two other friends from Nebraska.

Also, I was confused about whether or not it was called MAS because the one listed on forums is in Wisconsin now.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yea, they moved into WI, but IL still goes to them. IL/WI is essentially the same state tournament wise. I'm like 5'11" 200lbs with curly hair and glasses. Probably was wearing either athletic shorts/band shirts or nice shorts/pants depending on how cold it was and a nice shirt. I dunno, I really can't say anything because I am terrible at describing faces.

That venue is literally like 1.5 hours from my house, like I am 1.5 hours closer than that venue. That coffee house was on the northeastern border of IL/WI. How long was the drive from NE?

If NE ever decides to go to a IL tourney, or you guys go to something that we are going to, then I will be sure to introduce myself. Trent might remember me, I played him in dubs. I talked to Megarobman about his terrible football fandom at the waffle house too, so ask 1 of them lmao.

THuGz

Smash Lord
It was like 9 hours from here but we were there for other reasons also, long story. But maybe you saw either me or my friend play, mitchel was in a pool with red ryu and another lucario and 2 mk's, he was olimar and went by the tag Leroy. And are you going to Kahoka man? or Brainshock?

I was probably like 5' 3 at the time and black spiky hair, someone told me I look like an asian version of yoshq. Mitchel was wearing glasses and is like 5' 8 and looks like a lovable serial killer.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lmao, I think I remember someone pulling me aside and asking if someone (I think it's you now) looked like YoshQ. Brainshock is a looooot more likely for me to go to. It all depends on my money. For some reason I travel a lot even though there are like 2 tourneys a month in IL.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Brawl is so bad. Why the community hasn't switched to 2 minute matches yet baffles me.

8 Minute matches suck ****.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Megarobman about his terrible football fandom at the waffle house too, so ask 1 of them lmao.
Lions won today.

Brawl is so bad. Why the community hasn't switched to 2 minute matches yet baffles me.

8 Minute matches suck ****.
I seriously think it should be if you go over 8 minutes you both lose.

Tyser, you are now responsible for playing against me now that you have leveled up. I've decided I'm playing Luigi against your D3 from now on, so get used to it.

D

Deleted member

Tyser, you are now responsible for playing against me now that you have leveled up. I've decided I'm playing Luigi against your D3 from now on, so get used to it.
Nah. Retreating lagless Fair with Wolf. It's safe on D3's shield.

You can do it!

THuGz

Smash Lord

You can do it!
So after all of Rob's johning, there's a way to be dedede with wolf? tehe.

Lmao, I think I remember someone pulling me aside and asking if someone (I think it's you now) looked like YoshQ. Brainshock is a looooot more likely for me to go to. It all depends on my money. For some reason I travel a lot even though there are like 2 tourneys a month in IL.
It's cool, when I went up there everyone had a really similar style that was way diff than down here, so its good to have practice against everyone. I'm gonna try to nerd on smash and hopefully get my pikachu up to standard by Kahoka, give you something to lose to =3

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

You can do it!
**** it Rob, why you get advice with your character, I should get DEHF or MetalMusicMan to give me Falco advice on this thread.

I got way too much Brawl practice today. I think I played with Joker and JLO for 5 or 6 hours straight and then we took a 2 hour break and then continued to play for another 2 to 3 hours.

I feel like I'm getting better at this game, unfortunately. Looks like you guys are going to have to try twice as hard now. My power level is rising way faster than yours.

Yeah, too much Brawl. I'm done for at least 1.5 weeks.
The more the better but I still need to get some practice with you so I can improve my falco and get better at DACUS. Also we need to do DBZ power rankings or something.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I got way too much Brawl practice today. I think I played with Joker and JLO for 5 or 6 hours straight and then we took a 2 hour break and then continued to play for another 2 to 3 hours.

I feel like I'm getting better at this game, unfortunately. Looks like you guys are going to have to try twice as hard now. My power level is rising way faster than yours.

Yeah, too much Brawl. I'm done for at least 1.5 weeks.
Too much Brawl.
The more the better but I still need to get some practice with you so I can improve my falco and get better at DACUS. Also we need to do DBZ power rankings or something.
You should probably work on not phantasming off the edge first.
Also how do people have issues doing DACUS? It's not difficult in any way. Stop it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I started talking to the Wolf boards so they like me. I'm working on the lag-less fair but I fail at it 50% of the time :/ It's like L-cancelling, I fail 50%.

Tyser, both of the Luigi matches were closer than the Wolf one(s).

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The worst and most scrubbiest mindset in competitive gaming is to gauge your skill level by how close you took x player.

The difference between real competitive gamer mindset and scrub mindset is stuff like "The game I play is the best game.", "I took a round off, I must be getting better."

In reality a match is a match, you evaluate your weaknesses and strengths, you gauge your skill level with your own standards of improvement, which hopefully keep getting higher.

Also Jarell deserves to be ranked! Lol he got off on Jlo, but Jlo was a scrub and counterpicked him and also got a lucky gimp that won him the game. Yoshi so good. <3

gantrain05

Smash Master
Blank calls me a scrub cuz he's salty that i beat his diddy with my bowser so its ok.

its true tho im so out of practice with brawl. u guys saw me at like 50% power lol. next time i'll show no mercy.

also Uli da bess. he beat me so it must be said.

and also again blank, shut up i always CP, thats why i play 20 chars lol.

D

Deleted member

I started talking to the Wolf boards so they like me. I'm working on the lag-less fair but I fail at it 50% of the time :/ It's like L-cancelling, I fail 50%.

Tyser, both of the Luigi matches were closer than the Wolf one(s).
Just slide your thumb from the Y button to the A button quickly. That's how I do it. It's really not hard at all.

Seriously work on this...once I got it down, my Wolf felt 10x better.

And on the subject of DACUS, I can't really do it. BDACUS isn't an issue for me, though.

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh yeah, his lagless fair is super easy rob, its just like ganons thunderstorm, its just sliding from the jump button to the attack button, its much harder if u use the Cstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom