• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nebraska Power Rankings Updated 5/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Don't front. If you take a direct quote, even if the original text had quotes, you have to change it to the things that are half of quotation marks. Also how was a typo. John moar

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
According to everything that I've read, sonic 4 is like a 6.5 overall. Has anyone played it and said it was good? Apparently only Mega Man can return to its classic roots and please the fans.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Complains include, the way sonic runs, the way sonic jumps, general physics. The fan reviews make it sound like they used the Sonic 2 (GameGear) engine. Also, it's really short and not difficult enough. But this is just episode 1, right? There will be more.

Trent

Smash Champion
The physics are different, yes, because it's a different game. Sonic runs just fine. S3&K was EASY AS HELL until the final boss, JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

A majority of the Sonic fans are ignorant.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
S3&K was EASY AS HELL until the final boss, JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

A majority of the Sonic fans are ignorant.
I've found that world 2 is consistently the hardest world in S&K other than the first play through, when I got timed out by the sand-castle. If I don't die in world 2, I'm going to beat the game dying once +-a life.

lol Sonic fans. Most of them are bad at sonic but that's because they are usually casual video games fans. Comparing fan bases, I like most of the Mega Man fans, they usually know what they are talking about, but the average age range of classic mega man fans is like 20-however old Yinks dad is, so maturity/having played a real game before isn't an issue.:yeahboi::starman:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Played against Mexi and Dan last night in Brawl (reg/-) I finally got Mexi to admit Brawl- was worse than regular brawl (link+hitstun+Boomerang=unfair).

Anyway, Mexi should probably still be at #6 honestly, but the fact that he plays Samus makes him look worse than what he actually is, he's a really smart player who punishes idiots pretty easily. Dan has improved a lot over his absence from the game and his techinical skills (tech's, grabs, spacing, DI etc...) have improved astronomically through the stupid Brawl- training mode, though he still needs to learn how to kill, which is difficult with Pit. Dan probably doesn't belong on the top 10 yet, but he may belong again after the mid-fall break.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Just keeping everyone interested informed on the current state of Nebraska Brawl. Mexi isn't good at Brawl but he's still better than most players because he's good at smash in general. Dan isn't world beating good yet but he's making smarter/faster decisions, he belongs on the top 10 but he has been inactive so he can't really be on it anyway, remember. Also Dan doesn't even play MK anymore. He picked up Pit again and is learning Falco, but it's very much a new development.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dan should stop learning Falco and main Fox, falco's my thing and it makes our character mains in our scene more diverse.

Edit: He can learn falco if he wishes to, that more spacies practice for me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dan quit playing MK because he thought Thugz was better at MK than him, or at least that's what he said at the tournament after watching him play against me. No one really plays Falco, you haven't even called him your main yet, you are still a ? in my book GG222.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dan quit playing MK because he thought Thugz was better at MK than him, or at least that's what he said at the tournament after watching him play against me. No one really plays Falco, you haven't even called him your main yet, you are still a ? in my book GG222.
That's because random is the best character ever and I'm still trying to get the feel of brawl without resorting to MK but I'm still gonna play spacies no matter what game.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Fox is my third character, if that counts gg

PS: how about a dbz theme for the pr?
PPS: after tonight, me and rob both agree that I am now better than him.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Brawl- has a smaller fanbase because it isn't accessible to everyone and the Brawl community overall are stuck up elitists. It seems worse than Melee players who seem to not give a **** and play whatever is fun. That's what a game is about right? Just because you can't beat a strategy doesn't mean it's unfair, it could just be personal limitation. Not Link is too good, it's I'm not good enough against Link. I'm not going to argue what's better though in the first place. That's opinion. Depth can be measured as well as technical precision, and this might sound funny to you, but Brawl- is harder than Brawl. If you don't like the game I develop, don't play it. Say Brawl- is worse than Brawl, I will start a Melee Brawl flame war. Don't hate, participate.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Brawl- has a smaller fanbase because it isn't accessible to everyone and the Brawl community overall are stuck up elitists. It seems worse than Melee players who seem to not give a **** and play whatever is fun. That's what a game is about right? Just because you can't beat a strategy doesn't mean it's unfair, it could just be personal limitation. Not Link is too good, it's I'm not good enough against Link. I'm not going to argue what's better though in the first place. That's opinion. Depth can be measured as well as technical precision, and this might sound funny to you, but Brawl- is harder than Brawl. If you don't like the game I develop, don't play it. Say Brawl- is worse than Brawl, I will start a Melee Brawl flame war. Don't hate, participate.
I blame MK cause he tear the smash community apart just like how crack cocaine tore apart the black community in the 80's but this is true as well. I like brawl because of newer character roster and more defensive play but I like melee a little more cause of the more skill that's involved and more developed meta-game along with it and it takes skill and time the use spacies correctly (specifically Fox ) unlike MK where it takes little skill to master along no matchup problems and who sh*ts on the counterpick system. Brawl- gives characters stuff and fixes sh*t that didn't have unless it's melee and then some (Ex. Ganon and Falcon gets a extra jump after their down B's, returning Fox's blaster to melee blaster, Jiggs rest is just as strong as melee if not better.) But when it comes down to it, these are all different games that no one says is better cause their all fun in their own way with their own flava to them despite some problems with communities and games.

Edit: Brawl vs Melee I won't care if you bust balls on brawl cause almost everyone make jokes about brawl's gayness, even Mew2King but melee is a different story.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I enjoy Brawl- in free-for-all and teams a lot and also from an artistic/idea driven project, but the 1-1 aspect is just too **** frustrating for me. I've been playing B- since it's 5 character roster (the beta I think, idk, dan downloaded it) and I was glad you reduced the hit-stun, but I have a few problems, mostly that you can't air-dodge during free-fall and Wolf is way too good (and too much hitstun, I think I'd like the game better with less). People complain about MK in regular Brawl, Wolf can instantly 0% kill the majority of the cast on most stages with 1 f-smash, even if you took that out he'd be OP.

I'm mostly just mad because I can't/couldn't find anyone to play Brawl with because all anyone wanted to play was Brawl- (and my friend Main's samus, holy **** are matches/missiles gay). it's not specifically that I think Link is broken, it's just that Mexi couldn't figure out how to get around Link's stuff, so you were right in that regard, that was more of a little joke. Brawl- isn't necessarily harder than brawl, though. It's way easier to kill/be killed, and maybe your defensive abilities have grown, because all that's more difficult to do in B- is play defense. Watching someone play Jiggs with that much hit-stun a child could rest combo and that's an instant kill and heals you. Or just 1 grab with captain falcon to knee to knee to upB.

THuGz

Smash Lord
fun. That's what a game is about right? Brawl- is harder than Brawl.
B- frustrates me
I think that the overall issue with B-, not that it's a problem but is frustrating, is that when you're playing vB it's a pretty straightforward game; you play defensively, aggro when you can, get combos off, get percentages up, go for kills, etc. but with B- the game doesn't progress like it naturally does. Taking jiggs for example, you play ultra defensively until you pop in on one weak moment and break out a rest combo, 0 to death, or if you're playing fox, you try to gimp him but his ridiculous recovery makes it so it doesn't matter where he is on the stage. The game is crazy wack but there IS an organization into how you should play, its just almost never the obvious path like it is with vB, and that's why it frustrates me/everyone. And in that respect B- is crazy complex but you can also be really ******** good at it by figuring out one gay thing, as fighting someone who knows so much about a modded version of Brawl would be rare, and getting around such ridiculous combos and op moves would be like knowing how to d-throw combo with fox in melee when no one else who plays melee knows how to tech yet.

PS:
brawl players are stuck up elitists
I have to straight up disagree... I'm pretty sure most brawl players are like yeah brawl has problems but the play style is different and we like it like that better (also what I would say) whereas most melee players assert that more hit stun and aggressive play and crazy combos are a better way for a game to be played at all, and that brawl sucks cuz it doesn't have those things which they prefer

PPS: I have nothing against melee, and obviously it takes way more tech skill

Oro?!

Smash Hero
So your biggest issue is balance? Man I didn't know that's what we have been fixing for the last several months while not releasing another public build. :colorful:

That's the amazing thing, we don't have to accept that Wolf is OP, or certain characters can't beat Link or Samus camp/edgegaurds. We can fix that. You can't fix MK, you can only remove him from competition.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Honestly my biggest problem with the game is hit-stun. I've played Brawl- without the stun before, I enjoyed it more, but you'd have to redo the entire game if you eliminated the stun, I realize a lot of characters and what they do are due to the hitstun (Bowser would be the 2nd best character without stun, Wolf would still be the best). Some balancing issues would work, but whatever. My biggest gripe with brawl, other than tripping, is chainthrows, but brawl- just replaces chainthrows with 0-death combos, which are worse/more frustrating. Nothing like mashing your controller praying you'll move and nothing happens. Balance in fighting games has never bothered me and fighting games have been my genre other than Mega Man forever. You have to learn to adapt with the Sagats and the Scorpions and the Meta Knights. No other fighting game has 0-death combos unless they are V-ism's or Fighting Vipers as that one dude.

Edit: I guess reptile has a 0-death combo, but that's almost impossible to pull off.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
You get 4 stocks. There are plenty of games where 4 combos is a round. You make it sound like the entire cast can 0-death every stock too. SDI has been raised on a lot of moves for a reason, as well as move properties that lead to death too easily. :p

THuGz

Smash Lord
It's a fine game. It reminds me of 64, and could use a 5 stock rule. What changes are you making in the next release?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
A lot of dumb characters are getting redone or have been redone. Characters with auto/ez mode 0-deaths have been addressed, mainly through SDI increases/angle changes/knockback changes. Other than that, we are trying to plow through every single matchup to determine character rankings so we know what to balance. Of course there are more "minusy" changes happening, as well as perhaps a rules list. Definitely Minusy neutrals and counterpicks will be packaged with the next release, as well as optional "lol" stages.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Are you fixing Zamus's jab to instant spike? I dunno I'm sure I could go through every character and figure out something cheap, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Make Mario Bros a legal stage.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you need it, sure, as I have said, ShermantheTank seems to know more about stuff than I do, so I'll get him involved as well.

And No, I'm talking about classic Mario Bros, with the crabs and the shells.

Edit: Are you going to Kahoka? I am and I could play you in brawl- and go through my thoughts there as well.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well it's true Jayford, no one had this problem with Spacies cause their to learn and we're playing melee next time we meet Jayford.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's on youtube somewhere Rob. I am too lazy to look for it. >_>

Sonic 4 run speed looks soooooo slow. Not like I like any Sonic games past SA2B. Speedrun that **** all dai.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I haven't played B- in a few months... did you leave wavedashing and directed airdodging in the final product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom