• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nebraska Power Rankings Updated 5/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If you guys ever get motivated enough to do more OOS tournies I'm a T.O for Michigan and run monthlies over here. I'd house you guys if you ever wanna check out the MI scene.

Just throwing that out there.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you guys ever get motivated enough to do more OOS tournies I'm a T.O for Michigan and run monthlies over here. I'd house you guys if you ever wanna check out the MI scene.

Just throwing that out there.
I'll have to see when the Lions are playing at Home before I come all the way to Michigan. But it could be fun.

I think it's funny that only 3(-4) players in that list are even capable of playing the game correctly.
That's why I called Smeesh the plateau line, that's not an insult, if we made a graph of Nebraska smash it would decline at an almost infinite slope after smeesh and then tail off towards the end. The top 4 are way ahead of the bottom 6, but I feel my assessments are very valid because I actually walked around and watched everyone play while SOME PEOPLE were sitting and playing melee. I feel like it's hard to judge people unless they are at even talent levels, Dan is way better than how he plays against me, but I **** him because I'm better and I helped train him, so if you watched us play you wouldn't give him the time of day.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm not on that list of people who can play correctly, yet, I still need to quit being a n00b.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I do enjoy that flavor, but I think I like some others better, but I don't have the flavor names sitting next to me and looking them up on the internet just seems difficult.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I now think ganon is better than Jiggs/CF/Samus. I played like every single Ganon main ever at that tournament, he's viable, especially in teams.

TP

Smash Master
I now think ganon is better than Jiggs/CF/Samus. I played like every single Ganon main ever at that tournament, he's viable, especially in teams.
Try watching any of us trying to approach a campy MK or Snake.

It's not pretty.

He's fine in doubles, though.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nebraska should just quit Brawl and stick to what we're actually amazing at, Melee.
Nebraska Brawl has no future because we lack a competitive community -_-
Seriously, if you think about it, we have no really good players.
We have a Sonic, only Lincoln Brawler, a Wolf, only Omaha Brawler, and a Tyser, Brawl Hater.
Everyone else are guys who never ever practice ever and just show up to events.
The Brawl community is trash and you guys know it. /venting because Brawl sucks
Haters gonna speak the truth.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser your next troll account should be "Negative Enticer", it's a play on words, NTYSER. get it, LOL. I would say negative nancy but that's probably already a real account.

I think we have a Lincoln Brawl scene more than we have an Omaha scene, even though 4 of the top 5 players in me/tyser/smeesh/jarell live in Omaha, we aren't very active (minus me), where as Thug sends me a text every single day asking if I want to come down to lincoln and play, and Trent lives there and a bunch of stoners play Brawl all the time there.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nebraska should just quit Brawl and stick to what we're actually amazing at, Melee.
Nebraska Brawl has no future because we lack a competitive community -_-
Seriously, if you think about it, we have no really good players.
We have a Sonic, only Lincoln Brawler, a Wolf, only Omaha Brawler, and a Tyser, Brawl Hater.
Everyone else are guys who never ever practice ever and just show up to events.
The Brawl community is trash and you guys know it. /venting because Brawl sucks
Haters gonna speak the truth.
Ya *****z need to chill cause brawl can't comprenhence this ****.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27TGES1-ZE

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

THuGz

Smash Lord
Oh hey I'm a melee character. I can't do anything out of this combo so as long as your perfect at pushing buttons I'm dead. Nvm I'm not actually a melee character, I lied. Because I'm dead.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well, here's a rundown of our community as far as I know:

Tyser: On and off player. Doesn't play Brawl seriously.

Trent: Travels for tournies. Has no community to practice with at home.

Rob: Travels for tournies. Has no community to practice with at home.

Smeesh: On and off player. Doesn't play Brawl seriously.

Jarell: Inactive. Doesn't play Brawl seriously.

Cue: Quit. Didn't play Brawl seriously.

Mexi: On and off player. Doesn't play Brawl seriously.

Dan: Quit.

GameGenie: Doesn't practice. Only shows up to tournaments.

Aura: Doesn't practice. Only shows up to tournaments.

Rob's friends: Never enter tournaments. Refuse to associate with the active community.

Silver: Inactive. Has no community to practice with.

Uli: On and off player. Doesn't play Brawl seriously.

Nick: On and off player. Doesn't play Brawl seriously. He would say "LOL joke party game."

That's almost everyone in the known community. More than half play this game jokingly. How can you make a workable community out of thin air and low level scrubs? Tell me.

P.S. When someone around here gets as good as me, I'll come back to Brawl.
This is my official statement on that matter.

Typical newb comment. Get more knowledge and post something worth taking note of.
I only practice melee at the moment so that's better than something but I laugh at this.

Uli

Smash Champion
Oh hey I'm a melee character. I can't do anything out of this combo so as long as your perfect at pushing buttons I'm dead. Nvm I'm not actually a melee character, I lied. Because I'm dead.
lol is this trolling!?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think I've gotten a lot better over the last 72 hours. YoshQ told me that he thought I sucked then he told me I improved double after the tourney, or something like that. Traveling is good, and I don't mind going to Lincoln to play against Trent/Thug/my homies.

Tyser you should try playing against me now, I still don't get the D3 match up, but I learned how to camp (on battlefield).

Edit: TAS probably isn't going to happen because housing is an issue and I'm not leaving Saturday and coming back Saturday,

THuGz

Smash Lord
I made a valid point. I didn't back anything up with anything, i said one thing that was completely valid. Stop being cyber mean to me =(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Not really. I've been around and have played both on a competitive level and it's a fact that Brawl doesn't require any difficult or noteworthy tech skill and that it sucks. I don't even know why it's in MLG. You don't know anything about Melee or Brawl. You're just a low level scrub whose still learning the ropes. I don't even know why you are trying to back it up with your intense lack of knowledge. Learn the game, get more knowledge, then come back and try to tell me how to play my own games. Peace.
Opinion based opinions are bolded for emphasis.

Watching Legan play link made me realize how much tech skill brawl can have if you play the right characters...but your opponent may just choose MK and only learn how to read air-dodging and beat the awesome technically sound mid-low tier player because that's like 75% of what MK has to learn to do.

Thug, Melee is a very difficult game to play and learn, Brawl is way easier by a lot. But it still requires a lot of skill to play either of them competitively, Tyser just likes to Troll brawl players because it took tyser so long to get good at melee that he feels like he must make others feel like trash so they don't realize he just wasted 4 years of his life learning how to moon-walk with captain falcon.

THuGz

Smash Lord
i know plenty about either game, granted I do suck at melee. but the reason some people can "pick up" brawl isn't because it has no skill, but its a lot in your mind. its been said a billion times, but they're different games, neither is better. (if brawl has no skill m2k couldn't be the best all the time - also said a lot, but is the truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom