• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
But Glide attack doesn't have omgwtfpriority and it's telegraphed as balls. :urg:

I counter that **** all the time. >_>
Not to mention, starting up a glide takes a lot of time.

Even then, glide is still fairly powerful when you consider that it cancels stupidly quick.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I beat Shadow twice at Fusion 1. In pools 2-1 and winners bracket 2-1.
I'm only counting brackets, or else I'd be counting friendlies/low stake MMs too.

I'm not discrediting your victory, it's just that for people who are guaranteed to get out of pools they don't mean all that much. I have no way of knowing if Shadow or any of the other MKs are people who take all games equally serious or not.

Flayl

Smash Hero
But Glide attack doesn't have omgwtfpriority and it's telegraphed as balls. :urg:

I counter that **** all the time. >_>
You can cancel the glide without having to use glide attack you know.

Also tornado's air speed is amazing.

Gnes

Smash Master
He probably should have been banned when IDC was discovered. The technique isn't even properly enforceable.

"No use Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch".

Define infinite, in this context.

8 minutes? 80 seconds? 8 seconds? 8 frames?
I noticed this a while back...and couldnt wait to exploit it :(

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
He's not gonna get banned, i want him to but too many people who think the character is fair will keep him there because of the wins that some snake, diddy, ZSS (nickriddle;)), etc mains pull off from time to time,

but overall when it comes down to it, mk wins more than half of every tournament and makes up (on average) at least 60% of top ten...but until he's at 90% no one will care to ban him...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hes been using snake for a long time now, lol.
At MLG he used both snake and mk a lot.
Lol I only used Snake in one match at MLG and I lost.

I used him in friendlies a lot but never in brackets.

Anyway once again MK won't get banned, just people will just gradually quit the game or w/e. The community will survive in the long run but it will definitely peak with MLG.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

Anyway once again MK won't get banned, just people will just gradually quit the game or w/e. The community will survive in the long run but it will definitely peak with MLG.
This sounds about right.

etecoon

Smash Hero
halberd is like a successful version of me, play snake in friendlies for fun and then gay people with meta knight for money :laugh:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

because why?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because if a single action hasn't been taken in the time spent creating a 301, 12,021 post thread, then what are the odds that anything will happen now?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Because if a single action hasn't been taken in the time spent creating a 301, 12,021 post thread, then what are the odds that anything will happen now?
this is like the sixth or seventh thread of its kind, too lmao
Your both forgetting the whole community split situation, which looking at how people have been posting and how tournaments have been working it looks like the 50:50 split is dissolving.

It looks like MK is following the Akuma status in the fact no one wants to MM against MK. People are even outright saying, MM but no MK. Pretty simular to HD remix where SF community had tournaments where players wouldn't MM Akumas.

Not saying that MK is comparable, but the situations have similarities at this point.

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
Guys stop being scrubs and when the Mk is planking:

1) MAke sure you're on stage
2) Set your controller down unnoticeably and slowly
3) Turn to the Mk nooob and punch him in the face. If you bring a gun then shoot him in the face.
4) He'll fall off hopefully or hell have to go the hospital if you shot him. Sounds like a forfeit
5) You win scrubs.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion

3) Turn to the Mk nooob and punch him in the face. If you bring a gun then shoot him in the face.
4) He'll fall off hopefully or hell have to go the hospital if you shot him. Sounds like a forfeit
5) You win scrubs.
...what?

...what?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
MK is far more broken than HDR Akuma, and probably about as broken as SF2T Akuma. I'm totally serious. This is, of course, ignoring rules against him.
If he can plank and scrooge all he wants, I completely agree.

I haven't forgotten, it's just pointless.
Then people should assert harder.

And also should stop caring for Inui like regions that will do what they want no matter what anyone says.

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
imo metaknight is overrated, he has no chain grabs and is very light, i know everything else about this guy kicks ***. But a good ice climbers can do a 0-death on him any day. Im not saying meta knight is bad, his extremly good, but his not really op compared to the other top character. Ive never meet a pro meta knight tho. Only watched:(

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

5) You win scrubs.
Just try that on me...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
imo metaknight is overrated, he has no chain grabs and is very light, i know everything else about this guy kicks ***. But a good ice climbers can do a 0-death on him any day. Im not saying meta knight is bad, his extremly good, but his not really op compared to the other top character. Ive never meet a pro meta knight tho. Only watched:(

a good MK will plank and scrooge so that he will never get grabbed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Alright noob ill strap on my cal and head on over to your local tourney!!
Have you not heard of my epic abilities, mwahahahah, I will show you the true meaning of terror as I beat your gun with my mighty salt shaker of DOOM!

Let's not talk about that again.
He's kidding so I'm just having fun with it.

*taking sparring challenges at apex.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Have you not heard of my epic abilities, mwahahahah, I will show you the true meaning of terror as I beat your gun with my mighty salt shaker of DOOM!

He's kidding so I'm just having fun with it.

*taking sparring challenges at apex.
I see my jokes aren't coming well through the internet XD

Sweaty .... punching challenges!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
aerial is down, press it while I'm jumpin' up
then hit the b button like i don't give a ****
i know you wait for it, but your out of luck
i can do the same thing every single time

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This thread is like the WoW forums.

If all you read was this you would think nobody enjoyed playing the game and every match was planking MKs 100% of the time. -_-;;

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I see my jokes aren't coming well through the internet XD

Sweaty .... punching challenges!
Even more funny:

This thread is like the WoW forums.

If all you read was this you would think nobody enjoyed playing the game and every match was planking MKs 100% of the time. -_-;;

What?

I love planking! Nothing's more fun then destroying souls through gay play!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Every match should be MK planking. Then we would have reached the almighty pinnacle of the metagame, and we can just stop talking about the character and play as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom