• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
Let's take a look at this tier list.

1. Meta Knight =

Given. Definitely given. The fact that he has his own tier is also not surprising-he's THAT much better than the next best person.
-

2. Snake =
Also generally pretty much given. Snake is still the most obvious choice against Metaknight, and still pretty much considered the second-best char.

3. Diddy Kong +2

Who didn't see this coming? Diddy is a very good, often underrated char. He also doesn't do bad against MK. At least until the good MKs figure up the **** matchup.

4. Falco =

No comment; falco is still good.

5. Ice Climbers +6

Remember when the MK boards had this as a 50:50? Good times. No ****ing wonder ICs are going up; 11th place was way too low.

6. Marth +1

This is... surprising. That marth would go up in this metagame...

7. Wario -4

This isn't. Wario is NOT 50:50 with MK; DMG is claiming it's barely even close.
-

8. King Dedede -2

Again, no surprise. MK ***** him.

9. Pikachu =

10. Olimar =

11. Lucario +3

No real comment on these 3, I don't know much about them.

12. Mr. Game & Watch -4

Hmm... G&W going down quite a bit. Someone remind me what his worst MU is? This can easily be interpreted as people figuring out ways around a very one-dimensional character, TBH. Still not sure.

-

13. Pit +4

14. Toon Link +2

These two are kind of surprising. Well, okay, Pit isn't; he's severely underdeveloped. I don't know enough about them tbh.

15. Zero Suit Samus =

16. Kirby -3

No comment on these 2.

17. R.O.B. -5

I predict ROB in D tier before this is over.

-

18. Donkey Kong =

Still not viable. :( Sadface.

19. Peach =

Still barely viable. :(

20. Fox +1

21. Luigi -1

Lies. Lies and slander.

Anything below there really doesn't merit commentary.

Kith

Smash Ace
Soo...now that Metaknight officially kicked everyone out his own private tier, can we ban him yet?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
LOL no.

10notsomuches.
We need to play again I got way better at the match up now. Playing you would be a good test to se just how far I've progressed.

Sheik is fast enough to punish all those little hard to reach openings MK has on reaction every time. And now that I have my kill set ups much more cemented I'm not even worried about that aspect either. And I'm not even talking just Grab release non-sense.

OverLade

Smash Hero
We need to play again I got way better at the match up now. Playing you would be a good test to se just how far I've progressed.

Sheik is fast enough to punish all those little hard to reach openings MK has on reaction every time. And now that I have my kill set ups much more cemented I'm not even worried about that aspect either. And I'm not even talking just Grab release non-sense.
Lol no. It's not humanly possible to be as to punish all these "in theory things". You're relying on theory craft to say "well this matchup could be possible".

Sheik has no kills setups on MK outside grab release, MK doesnt have to approach once he gets ahead and he doesnt have to touch the ground either. It honestly doesn't matter how much damage you can do because MK can live up to 180% every stock and MK can kill Sheik at half of that. MK only dies if he mispaces something or makes a mistake.

What you're thinking is "outplaying someone significantly", but if you think about it, all of the hits you land are misreads by MK. If a MK and Sheik player are of equal skill the MK player will win every time on every stage by a safe margin.

Kith

Smash Ace
Lol no. It's not humanly possible to be as to punish all these "in theory things". You're relying on theory craft to say "well this matchup could be possible".

Sheik has no kills setups on MK outside grab release, MK doesnt have to approach once he gets ahead and he doesnt have to touch the ground either. It honestly doesn't matter how much damage you can do because MK can live up to 180% every stock and MK can kill Sheik at half of that. MK only dies if he mispaces something or makes a mistake.

What you're thinking is "outplaying someone significantly", but if you think about it, all of the hits you land are misreads by MK. If a MK and Sheik player are of equal skill the MK player will win every time on every stage by a safe margin.
It's so sad that you can replace the word "Shiek" in this post with well over half of the cast of characters in brawl, and the argument would still be valid...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm gonna post right behind Plank, to show you yet another person who would plank for 8 minutes.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That would be useless.

You wouldn't have the lead and it would just be a draw. That + some characters (like Tink) could definitely hit you a few times by throwing something. Doesn't make sense.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
clearly the opponent would try to approach your planking, only to take damage and thus lose as the opponent gets planked for 8 minutes.

as far as characters throwing stuff, timing your invincibility frames and/or scrooging can solve that problem.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That would be useless.

You wouldn't have the lead and it would just be a draw. That + some characters (like Tink) could definitely hit you a few times by throwing something. Doesn't make sense.
You're trying to argue against an 'unbeatable tactic', when planking isn't unbeatable. No one said it is, they're just pointing out it's an 'optimal' tactic. So, as you can see, it doesn't matter if some characters can beat planking, because it still is one of the best strategies around.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually I've looked really closely at frame data concerning Ledge play, and for a large portion of the cast, it actually technically framewise is unbeatable. I'm gonna make a huge thread covering it soon once I make sure all the data is correct, and once I have the numbers right.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
If I thought I had a legitimate chance of making a lot of money by planking... I'd do it for eight minutes. I'd feel really bad though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't play anyone who can plank nor do I have any want to do it.

Pit planking if fun until they just poke me and I fall to my death.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's so sad that you can replace the word "Shiek" in this post with well over half of the cast of characters in brawl, and the argument would still be valid...
LOL so true.
It's something I've just gotta show rather than say.
Lol thats my point. That would be you severely outplaying me by a huge margin if you were to win, not because Sheik ***** MK. And based on the level I consistently play at, it would just mean I suck with MK and not that anything you do is actually legit. :laugh:

*raises hand*

OH DONT THEY?
Epic namesearch. Plank2gud.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, I play marth, and marth's planking is absolutely horrible, so it's pretty pointless for me to plank. Rest assured, if I was an MK main you'd all be feeling the wrath of my planking.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
oh god, the planking DX

like slowly getting you face slapped by a spoon then all the sudden, A KNIFE TO THE FACE YAAARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!, then back to getting slapped by a spoon.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Anyone who wouldn't plank for 8 minutes doesn't want to win the game or isn't willing to use the best tactic to win the game sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom