• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MD/VA Power Rankings! Updated March 22nd.

Mahone

Smash Champion
What? What the **** was the point of YOUR post?

Anyways, he beat me in a GF set today. MAD VT respect. He'll be on the PRs pretty soon.
I don't ever want to be on the PRs, just give it to someone who cares.

It just might happen if I actually cared about Melee anymore.
Wow dude really, what is up with everyone always johning. Just beat him next time...

lol yes i forgot that its the top players' responsibility to help mid level players improve... wait a sec

edit before somebody thinks im a d*ck for this post i do whatever i can to help, but im a lot more inclined to help when someone asks for it rather than just give out advice all the time

like i implied, the burden is on yourself to get better not the top players in your region
Ya man, like that time i asked u for friendlies and you said no. And then i said id mm you for a dollar and you said 3 minimum... that made me a lot better

LOL

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302203

there you go man, h2yl challenge, now u cant say we're not trying to help u guys get better
can i get like 3 bucks off if i can beat 2/3 of h2yl?

Or can i like play 3 games with one person?

Basically im saying ill never beat chu :(

So we should pay you to play us?
Ya obv., btw sypher, you still owe me 3 bucks from the last time i let you play my jiggs, but next time ill give you a discount, you can pay 4 bucks to play my jiggs 5!!! times

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I don't ever want to be on the PRs, just give it to someone who cares.
-________________________________- Nice. Way to show that MD/VA spirit..

CK/Chival: It's real cool to pretend like you don't care and then amass 3-6k posts on the subject LOLLLLLL. Stay free.

I don't know why I even compliment people, they always say some rude **** back. **** you guys.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
you're so old in melee community, you should know better than that.. xD
@Austin

If you're referring to me "getting trolled" then **** that ****. This community sucks fat donkey balls and I'm ****ing sick of it. You guys want everything handed to you.

Do you know how many GRINDING hours some of us have put into this game? You can figure out most of the skills needed to be good on your own, complimented by whatever amount of tourney experience. Back in the day I did all my **** myself, you watch your own vids, you analyze them, and you ****. How do you think PP did it?

Chillin is right, stop being gay. And yes, I mad.

EDIT: this doesn't apply to everyone, but acting like you don't care and then going to tournaments every weekend, posting 200 times a week on the boards is ****ing dumb.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master

If you're referring to me "getting trolled" then **** that ****. This community sucks fat donkey balls and I'm ****ing sick of it. You guys want everything handed to you.

Do you know how many GRINDING hours some of us have put into this game? You can figure out most of the skills needed to be good on your own, complimented by whatever amount of tourney experience. Back in the day I did all my **** myself, you watch your own vids, you analyze them, and you ****. How do you think PP did it?

EDIT: this doesn't apply to everyone, but acting like you don't care and then going to tournaments every weekend, posting 200 times a week on the boards is ****ing dumb.
nah I'm not trying to be a d!ck at you at all, I didn't referred as you getting troll.. =/
I'm saying you were in this community for long time (well I do too) you should see that kind of stuff coming at you lol some people just don't take compliment seriously

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
nah I'm not trying to be a d!ck at you at all, I didn't referred as you getting troll.. =/
I'm saying you were in this community for pretty long (well I do too) you should see that kind of stuff coming at you lol some people just don't take compliment seriously
I know man.... it's just back in the day when I got compliments from better players that was a HUGE drive for me... I don't know what motivates MD/VA. Actually, wait, nothing does, that's why this region sucks. nvm.

Mahone

Smash Champion
oh well thats because i hate ur character and ur playstyle
oh ok

lmfao i remember you did like 20 $1 MMs with him and u won like one against his kirby
lol, but that one against his kirby was for like 5 bucks or something, i still ended up down 8 bucks in the end :(

-________________________________- Nice. Way to show that MD/VA spirit..

CK/Chival: It's real cool to pretend like you don't care and then amass 3-6k posts on the subject LOLLLLLL. Stay free.

I don't know why I even compliment people, they always say some rude **** back. **** you guys.
lol, sorry, but i will admit i have no MD/VA pride, most of the players are *******s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKv7dDFpCbk

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
no redd i really dont care :troll: but i still go to tournaments and such :awesome:

but i go to smashfests more tho because i just like plaiyng xD

its ok tho redd you are very good ! heres another compliment you should keep up with your falco hes probably your best character !

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
no redd i really dont care :troll: but i still go to tournaments and such :awesome:

but i go to smashfests more tho because i just like plaiyng xD

its ok tho redd you are very good ! heres another compliment you should keep up with your falco hes probably your best character !

I mean, I'm not looking for compliments. >_> wtf is this, 2006?

Anyways, I know I can't change your attitude but it's just very unbecoming in a competitive environment. T_T

Falco... hmm... somehow I agree with you LOL.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I don't mind non-FD against Falco.

Amsah saltied me to Stadium exactly 4 times when we were housing him during Pound. I'm up 4-1 against him as of now in PS Falco-ICs. Hehe.

Vist

Smash Champion
yo real talk ima stop steppin it down

gonna step it up... WAYup like thumbs

actually ima take the elevator to the next level son

whatchu kno bout my roof access

Mahone

Smash Champion

there are so many words in this post....

I'm not sure what you are saying, but i get the vist of it.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Why would we be cool when nobody's taking the effort to help out the mid-level players? I guess all good players really do suck at game theory?

@ Kaffei: I'm still going to tournaments, but I'm not going to whine anymore about matchups because it's not important. I just want to have fun.

@ CK: Good for you. Stay ahead of the game.
I had been on the verge of quitting Melee for the past year or longer. Now that I'm back and playing and I'm actually good, I've been trying to help inspire the Richmond area and have been practicing with the mid-level players. I'm also coming to Syphers with hopefully 2 cars full of people and intend to play everyone there and really try to help people out. As far as game theory goes, I am one of the WORST top level players as far as game theory. I admit that my knowledge of Melee is very limited compared to most people. I spend no time on the boards, I don't look up match-up info or frama data or whatever. I have my own weird playstyle for each matchup and I'm TERRIBLE at teaching. Mostly I teach by playing people for extended periods and just pointing out their errors as we go. I really suck as far as game theory goes. I know it, I admit it and I also realize that I might have climbed to the top faster had I really spent more time developing my game theory. I'm going to try and be a very positive influence at this tournament and really help step people's games up. I say people are gay because this region is now just so full of half-***** "I don't care" attitudes and whining and bickering and fighting. PRs are such garbage. I'm on the top and I don't even give a ****, nor will I be trying to keep my spot on it. I just want to play and get better and help get everyone else better. I intend to sit down with the top players after this tournament and get a true, accurate power ranking set up and then help everyone work their up. After this tourney, I'll write out my opinions in a thread and look for only very serious debate. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone this coming weekend.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I had been on the verge of quitting Melee for the past year or longer. Now that I'm back and playing and I'm actually good, I've been trying to help inspire the Richmond area and have been practicing with the mid-level players. I'm also coming to Syphers with hopefully 2 cars full of people and intend to play everyone there and really try to help people out. As far as game theory goes, I am one of the WORST top level players as far as game theory. I admit that my knowledge of Melee is very limited compared to most people. I spend no time on the boards, I don't look up match-up info or frama data or whatever. I have my own weird playstyle for each matchup and I'm TERRIBLE at teaching. Mostly I teach by playing people for extended periods and just pointing out their errors as we go. I really suck as far as game theory goes. I know it, I admit it and I also realize that I might have climbed to the top faster had I really spent more time developing my game theory. I'm going to try and be a very positive influence at this tournament and really help step people's games up. I say people are gay because this region is now just so full of half-***** "I don't care" attitudes and whining and bickering and fighting. PRs are such garbage. I'm on the top and I don't even give a ****, nor will I be trying to keep my spot on it. I just want to play and get better and help get everyone else better. I intend to sit down with the top players after this tournament and get a true, accurate power ranking set up and then help everyone work their up. After this tourney, I'll write out my opinions in a thread and look for only very serious debate. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone this coming weekend.
:)

This is why I've always said ur the best/have the most potential in MD/VA

Jiggs vs. Fox mm at syphers?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Thank you Mahone. I've been studying up and practicing up. I won't be making any big placings in at tourneys for a while though as I'm working about 90% on my falco and the other 10% on my alt characters. I'm in a main character transitional phase. As far as having all the potential, not to sound cocky, but I somewhat agree. Now that I have tournament confidence I think I'll continue to go further and further. I've heard you've improved a whole lot, so I'd love to MM you. If you're specifically requesting my fox, then yes we can do that, but I'd prefer to use an alt (sheik or marth or peach). Your call.

Laijin

Smash Hero

Elevators may bring you down, but to me they are very uplifting.
Anyways, been giving zero attention to melee. I've been too busy being one of the best players at marvel in MD. Its not that known yet, but it will soon be known. With that said i'll MM anyone in Marvel at the next tournament. Confident in your skills? CHALLENGE ME

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
What's all this drama? What happened to melee being the awesome scene? Jeez, just play the game and have fun. If someone tries to stop that, just ignore em.

Like, CK, I know you be trolling, but I do get Redd's annoyance at you, I would have liked some legit teams at sypher's last friday.

I mean, you do need to **** around some in this game (Wife seems to think every friendly should be dead serious), but you do need to play serious too, and if someone would like to play serious, just respect that and either try or just don't play together, cuz someone is going to be unhappy.

Hell, I **** around too much, that's why no one wants to team with me lolz, because I don't play with any regards for my partner in friendlies usually, so people view me as being trash at teams, and it's completely understandable, because I got what's coming.

Just try not to turn this community into brawl, k?

that being said, I'll be at sypher's on the 30th and taking it seriously. Anyone want to team?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Do you use Phoenix, Clyde?

@ Cyrain: That was a great post. Sorry about my attitude lately. It just bothers me that I get to the point where I can give pros a decent run (first time I played Eggm and Strawhat Dahean in friendlies I beat them [then they adapted lol]), yet nobody seems to realize that I'm worth playing/care whether or not I am. I guess I just have to be more forward and stop being so self-centered. :)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Do you use Phoenix, Clyde?

@ Cyrain: That was a great post. Sorry about my attitude lately. It just bothers me that I get to the point where I can give pros a decent run (first time I played Eggm and Strawhat Dahean in friendlies I beat them [then they adapted lol]), yet nobody seems to realize that I'm worth playing/care whether or not I am. I guess I just have to be more forward and stop being so self-centered. :)
I play team WTF
Wesker/Taskmaster/Freenix.
So yes I do lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think there are too many people that just look down on everyone else. Jeez why turn someone down for a friendly? I always play anyone that asks me, I don't give a **** who you are. But this conceit that some people have that they're too good to waste time on the less skillful people is pitiful. And they wonder why this region is so scrubby lmao. Oh man it makes me laugh out loud hahahahahhaa HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Anyways, I see both ends of the silent spectrum here (**** you vist). Friendlies are friendlies, I can't believe some of you still base someone's ENTIRE skillset on how they perform in friendlies. THAT itself is laughable. Now you shouldn't treat every friendly like it's the end of the world if you lose or get pissed off that someone beat you. Who the **** cares, it's not tournment. A middle ground must be reached. Play for fun and to improve. Don't **** around 100% of the time and don't get super serious 100% of the time. Extremes are never good.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Friendlies are friendlies, I can't believe some of you still base someone's ENTIRE skillset on how they perform in friendlies. THAT itself is laughable
This is a good quote.

People sandbag in friendlies to hide their true skills. I played Dahean in friendly teams when he was over (not Triforce). I felt he wasn't as good as Over(This one is Triforce), but he wasn't playing Marth either. Then when he beat me in R1 pools, it was as if he was hiding something before.

Top Bottom