• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MD/VA Power Rankings! Updated March 22nd.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Thank you Mahone. I've been studying up and practicing up. I won't be making any big placings in at tourneys for a while though as I'm working about 90% on my falco and the other 10% on my alt characters. I'm in a main character transitional phase. As far as having all the potential, not to sound cocky, but I somewhat agree. Now that I have tournament confidence I think I'll continue to go further and further. I've heard you've improved a whole lot, so I'd love to MM you. If you're specifically requesting my fox, then yes we can do that, but I'd prefer to use an alt (sheik or marth or peach). Your call.
You can use your alts, I don't really care, its just that i saw you **** darc with your fox at apex, so i wanted to play it lol

boss8

Smash Hero
why hide skill if everyone is gonna see it anyways?

through vids....through watching u play...doesnt matter people will see it all regardless...so why hide and not jus play straight up?

rather then jus picking mew2 or pichu n friendlys...*cough CK,max,lajin COUGH*

otherwise if ur sandbaggin why not jus suicide...

from now on if i knw ur sandbaggin i wouldnt bother playing u...ill jus SD...and wait to play someone WHO ACTUALLY wants to play...

or jus do MM's

Kaffei

Smash Hero

through vids....through watching u play...doesnt matter people will see it all regardless...so why hide and not jus play straight up?

otherwise if ur sandbaggin why not jus suicide...

from now on if i knw ur sandbaggin i wouldnt bother playing u...ill jus SD...and wait to play someone WHO ACTUALLY wants to play...

or jus do MM's
let's play boss =D

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Elevators may bring you down, but to me they are very uplifting.
Anyways, been giving zero attention to melee. I've been too busy being one of the best players at marvel in MD. Its not that known yet, but it will soon be known. With that said i'll MM anyone in Marvel at the next tournament. Confident in your skills? CHALLENGE ME

More like the next event is a circuit event, so there won't be time and DEFINITELY not space for anything but melee. Focus, man. Wtf!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The only noteworthy difference between friendlies and tournament is usually that people don't camp in friendlies.

Sandbagging is irrelevant. I will 0-death you regardless of your DI. I'm ICs.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I try not to take friendlies too "super serious," but I don't get many opportunities to play others, so it's hard to not be a little disrespected or at least annoyed when someone feels like ****ing around. That being said, I don't take it personal. People just have to realize that no one can really help how they want to play. If the other person wants to sandbag or go try-hard, there isn't much they or anyone else can do to change that. If someone doesn't seem like they're playing super hard, I will typically just play someone else. If I'm not in the mood to really focus, I will go join the people playing teams going for ridiculous rests and Wombo Combo knees.

Don't be a hater. :D

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
.... so who wants to play to get better AND have fun at the same time? =\

c u guise saturday if im not messed up from meds

Laijin

Smash Hero
I don't get melee players. Melee isn't the only game in existance. Other games are fun too guise.
I'll probably come to this actually and practice.
But **** you Gas. ****. You. You're gonna make me cry driving to VA.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya, its weird, everytime i go to a site dedicated to smash, and go into the melee section, then go into a melee thread about playing a melee tourney, its like they only care about melee or something

Laijin

Smash Hero
ya, its weird, everytime i go to a site dedicated to smash, and go into the melee section, then go into a melee thread about playing a melee tourney, its like they only care about melee or something
I care about melee too, but smash players are known to only play melee and nothing else lol. Other games are fun to guise.

Hey, Clyde, did I ever tell you the hilarious tale of when a bee landed on my thigh? It was a knee-slapper.
LOOOOOOOL. Facebook status

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord

Hey mang, I'm not doing it to hide my skill. I actually like playing other characters. And Bowser.

I never really sandbag on purpose. I have some weird unintentional thing going on where if I let myself get distracted by talking or anything I play a lot worse. I need to really concentrate to play my best and it usually won't happen naturally in the typical friendlies enviroment.

Yeah, my Ness is so sandbaggy, I go for Yoyo glitches whenever I can.
Dude, when I play ICs I basically only try to freeze glitch. When I play Ness I become obsessed with YYGs.

I guess this is somewhat of an exception to the rule above, though I'm really not trying to 'sandbag' per se. I think sandbagging is more of an intentional thing done because the player thinks they don't need to or shouldn't try their hardest.

I don't get melee players. Melee isn't the only game in existance. Other games are fun too guise.
I'll probably come to this actually and practice.
But **** you Gas. ****. You. You're gonna make me cry driving to VA.
The main problem is that there's going to be like no space this time. Maybe after some people leave there will be enough space.

rhan

Smash Hero
They're something happening this weekend? I don't think anyone in SoVA knows of anything.

My little sister's birthday is this weekend so I couldn't come if I wanted to.

When's the next planned event? Smashfest/Tourney. I promise you if the smashfest is hype enough I can convince Shaeman to drive.

Edit: But yeah if I find out what's going on I can spread the word to the other guys. They're all mainly using the FB group anyway. They rarely check the boards now.

hot$

Smash Ace
They're something happening this weekend? I don't think anyone in SoVA knows of anything.

My little sister's birthday is this weekend so I couldn't come if I wanted to.

When's the next planned event? Smashfest/Tourney. I promise you if the smashfest is hype enough I can convince Shaeman to drive.

Edit: But yeah if I find out what's going on I can spread the word to the other guys. They're all mainly using the FB group anyway. They rarely check the boards now.
A big circuit tourney is going on this saturday at syphers, as of now sounds like it's gonna have good attendance.. Richmond is coming too.

Sucks, that you guys are so out of tune with us and vice versa :(
VA is long lol, hopefully the next circuit you guys can come (probably the next big thing worth to come to) Nothing announced yet, but it won't be until early June I think? not sure

rhan

Smash Hero
I hope by early June you mean before the 15th of that month. Cuz then I won't be in VA for about 6 months. But yeah I'll spread the word of Sypher's. I know the tourney series I just don't think I'm subscribed to the thread.

Nothing tourney wise happens in SoVA anyway. Just a bunch of smashfest. We usually like to venture out and travel.

hot$

Smash Ace
I'm not sure, I just saw some mention of not having the next circuit event for another 6 weeks after the first one.. So hopefully man. And thanks, i know it's last minute for you guys. but would be cool if somehow anyone could show up.

Kind of unfortunate you guys don't have any tourneys.. How many active SoVA players are there anyway? roughly rather..

Cyrain

Smash Ace
The only noteworthy difference between friendlies and tournament is usually that people don't camp in friendlies.

Sandbagging is irrelevant. I will 0-death you regardless of your DI. I'm ICs.
My tournament style is completely different than my friendlies style. Not because I sandbag in friendlies, but because I'm less interested in doing fun/flashy/impressive combos at a national and more worried about winning. In local tournies or friendlies it's just way more fun to show off as a fox/falco player and take risks.

Then again, I guess that kind of follows the same logic of camping in tournament and not camping in friendlies.

Anywhooooooo, Thumbs MM my Sheik with your Falcon.
And Mahone, I only ***** Darc in match 1. The other two were down to the wire...But yea, let's do it. Fox vs. Jiggs, some amount of money.

Top Bottom