• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Hey its over. I really dont want to start a brawl discussion.

Just go bakk to melee. I had hoped it was something worth debating but mankind causes me to frown once again.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
High, my name is handsockpuppet, and I am easily trolled.
No, we don't want luigi green because it's a pointless and stupid idea. Ankoku did it as a joke not as a rule, now piss off and stop spamming this thread you're not contributing anything you're just derailing it from real discussion.
...you spelled hi wrong.

now let's get back with tier list discussion please, guys.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
we shouldn't base it off of that. mango's the best right now so most of all of his chars are at the top with him except maybe his fox, sheik, marth which m2k is obviously better at using than mango.

that goes to far into pr.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I will throw this back on topic. Consider this a warning. It's ok to use players as examples of character development changes but try to use them to point out how they make the character better. The Luigi issue is pointless and I will infract any more on this issue after this post.

Jigglypuff probably should move up above Peach and Falcon. With advancements in shield strategies and overall better players (DI is better than ever these days) I feel Jigglypuff matches up better against the top tiers than Falcon or Peach.

I also think Ganon has more potential, but as only Kage has had decent placings recently, that may be more the player than the character. Since there haven't been any upstart Samus' or Doc Marios there is no level of comparision.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
so is like 75% of the cast. sheiks existance is like a bucket of peanut oil eternally looming over your head and you are deathly allergic to peanuts

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't think Arc you can cite any Jigg's besides maybe Darc that are placing well enough to warrent her being over Falcon at this point.

Darkrain recently beat Hungrybox with Falcon
Vwins did super well at RoM

These are the best of their characters and I think they prove they can handle it just as well as puff can.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
tajs mewtwo 7.8
mewtwo 1.8

It might be funny,but I think it shows how underrated some charas are just because they´re underused.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't think Arc you can cite any Jigg's besides maybe Darc that are placing well enough to warrent her being over Falcon at this point.

Darkrain recently beat Hungrybox with Falcon
Vwins did super well at RoM

These are the best of their characters and I think they prove they can handle it just as well as puff can.
hbox and darkrain go even and darkrain is the best falcon and hbox is not the best jiggs

vwins/cort did well at rom but i think that cort is a better player than hbox/darc so he should be outplacing them, and vwins is the best peach in canada, i think these people are pretty even and then mango is a step above

where are all the falcons that are placing uber well? there are only 2, hax and i, and we're both really inconsistent. in MW you have darkrain and on WC you have SS, to be compared with darc, hbox, i guess sliq and mango

mango > ss, darkrain got double elim'd by sliq last month (dark is better than sliq tho), and both darc and hbox have beaten me in '09 though maybe hax would have better luck

i don't see this argument having any credibility and i'm cool w/ people saying jiggs sucks whatever whatever but i just want to hear actual good reasons.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Scar you can say they go even, doesn't mean Dark didn't win both tournament sets they've played. And Hungrybox is a **** good jiggs so you can't just go Darkrain is a lot better then Box /argument.

Doesn't work that way BRAH.

<3.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Mango's Puff should be top tier at 9.9 with Fox and Marth.

Discuss.
i agree with this guy

and puff sucks

but if its a mango puff

GG

and scar its because those falcons suck at the puff match up

let darc and hbox play SS ... god dam jeff would **** tap

MaNg0

Smash Hero
omg darc would not beat ss

u guys dont no about jeff in that

puff matchup son

JEFF WOULD GO 2 WORK!!!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
darkrain is king combo.

Can't wait to see darkrain and mango play.

jeff and dark play nothing alike, nor does any falcon put on the pressure that darkrain does. I am biased saying that but i'm sure a few could agree with my statement.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
omg darc would not beat ss

u guys dont no about jeff in that

puff matchup son

JEFF WOULD GO 2 WORK!!!
I agree. Jeff ****ing destroys puff. I don't think there are any puffs other than mango and king that would even touch Jeff.

plus, the fact that Darkrain and Hbox go even is just showing two things: Dark isn't experienced enough against puff, and puff has a slight advantage over falcon as it is. But just because puff has a slight advantage over a character that "ranks" the same on the tier list shouldn't mean that the character is better.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Transitive property does not apply to who can beat who in Melee.

EDIT: I meant to quote scar, but I forgot.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Just remember that the tier list is based on two things, character potential and evolving tournament records.

An easy example is the Ganon argument. I think he has potential to move up simply because now in terms of higher placings Ganon has placed higher than Doc and about as well as Samus (Hugs). It's only one Ganon though, and Doc simply isn't as popular anymore. There are a few new Samus players that could keep her competitive as well. I also think that Sheik isn't as bad as Falco is against Ganon but that just may be Kage bias, both are pretty bad matchups.

As for the Jiggs argument, a big issue is the fact that unless I'm mistaken Falcon has never won a huge tournament (big prizes, oos players, top 10 players) except for way back when I think Isai beat Ken once in Moast or something. Jiggly? More than once. You can argue the players all you want, but simply put the best Falcon players have not broken through to do what Mango has done.

I can also flip this, I do not think Mango(or any other top 5 player) could win a huge tournament (same criteria) with Falcon alone. I could see him possibly doing it with counterpicks (characters and stages) but not with just Falcon. That's my 2 cents. Until Falcon or Peach can actually break through and win a huge tournament what makes you think they can?

joeplicate

Smash Master
these arguments are all pretty poorly constructed

I think more people should make the distinction between player skill and character potential

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
The problem is that character potential isn't concrete, tournament placings are.

I agree. Jeff ****ing destroys puff. I don't think there are any puffs other than mango and king that would even touch Jeff.

plus, the fact that Darkrain and Hbox go even is just showing two things: Dark isn't experienced enough against puff, and puff has a slight advantage over falcon as it is. But just because puff has a slight advantage over a character that "ranks" the same on the tier list shouldn't mean that the character is better.
West coast bias? Most of this doesn't even make any sense. For one thing you're seriously underestimating Darc and Hbox. If King can touch SS, I'd be more than willing to bet Darc or Hbox could also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom