• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The tier list is straight. Link does deserve a mid tier spot. But be real. He's not that popular. In my opinion, Jiggs deserves to be higher on the high tier due to recent tourney results (Not just Genesis). But again. she's not as popular as the others. Only Jigg;y players I can say off the top are Mango and HBox.
Link does get more tourney play than most mids, shockingly. personally, I think Mario and Link should be tied with a perfect 5.0-the exact bottom of mid, since both are teetering at that point.

unknown522

Some guy
Top:

Fox
Sheik / Falco
Marth

High:

Puff
Peach
Falcon
Ganon

Mid:

Doc / ICs
doesn't matter much from here
Samus
DK
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu
Link

Low:

YL
Roy
GAW
Zelda
Bowser
M2

Bottom:

Ness
Yoshi
Pichu
Kirby

Vts

Smash Champion
Top:

Fox
Sheik
Falco
Marth

High:

Puff
Peach
Falcon
Ganon/Doc / ICs

Mid:
Samus
DK
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu
Link

Low:

YL
Roy
GAW
Zelda
Bowser
M2

Bottom:

Ness
Yoshi
Pichu
Kirby
its a hard toss up but with IC being countered by a lot of ppl they are the most likely to be top of middle tier but still have less stuff over ganon and doc but match ups over all have better chance vs higher tiers.

just my 2 cents as a IC main ;) (very bad IC main at that lol)

unknown522

Some guy
its a hard toss up but with IC being countered by a lot of ppl they are the most likely to be top of middle tier but still have less stuff over ganon and doc but match ups over all have better chance vs higher tiers.

just my 2 cents as a IC main ;) (very bad IC main at that lol)
I don't agree, but I understand you point.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I never got how ICs were so high

I mean they're good and all, but like nobody can play that well with them besides a couple of people, unlike Jiggs who actually has rising tourney placings and some good players that rank highly in big tourneys too.

Wobbling is banned in most tourneys nowadays (except in California), and although they do have some nice 0-to-death kills, they get gimped waaaaaay too easily and all they have going for them to win is to land some grabs, and any experienced player can learn to avoid them. So I dunno, being at the bottom of high tier makes sense but I could also understand if he fell to the top (or near the top) of middle tier.

tl;dr: IC players need to be really, really good and better than their opponents in most cases to even come close to winning. That's assuming this is all taking place in a tournament setting with actually good players, of course.

Edit: Another thing I should mention is how IC players oddly place worse in tourneys with wobbling allowed, it's kinda unrelated but I found that interesting

Divinokage

Smash Legend
At least I know for sure Ganon and Peach ***** ICs pretty hard. At Genesis, all the ICs I played I 4 stocked or 3 stocked them lol. And I played 4 different ICs player.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Top:

Fox
Sheik / Falco
Marth

High:

Puff
Peach
Falcon
Ganon

Mid:

Doc / ICs
doesn't matter much from here
Samus
DK
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu
Link

Low:

YL
Roy
GAW
Zelda
Bowser
M2

Bottom:

Ness
Yoshi
Pichu
Kirby
doc is 9th always and forevar!
puff should be like, 3rd under peach and fox lul
samus is 10th i guess and ganon 11
yoshi is 5th worse
sheik isint that good anymore imo.but still 5/6
ICs is idk, i mean top of mid sounds ok

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord

sheik isint that good anymore imo.but still 5/6
ICs is idk, i mean top of mid sounds ok
Just because there isn't that many good Sheik players anymore - tope, drephen, amsah, m2k - doesn't mean that she isn't good anymore. There were no top placing Fox's at Genesis, but Fox still is best without a doubt.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Top Tier doesn't need to be changed at all, it's completely accurate. If things were to be changed in the next tier list, it would matter more in the tiers under high tier instead of high tier and top tier.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Top Tier doesn't need to be changed at all, it's completely accurate. If things were to be changed in the next tier list, it would matter more in the tiers under high tier instead of high tier and top tier.
I think Sheik is slightly better than Marth, but ya Top Tier is very accurate.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Kage, you're also a much better player than any of the ICs that attended Genesis. I don't know if you can really use you ****** me or choknater or whoever else you played as evidence that Ganon ***** ICs since none of us were on your level. I do agree that it's a bad match-up, though.

unknown522

Some guy
^ lol, he won't listen

Anyways, just because high tier players are winning tournaments, doesn't make the character top tier. You still have to take matchups and humanly possible potential / ability in a character. Fox didn't make top 8 at genesis, but we know that he is undoubtly the best character in the game. He's not going to drop in placing just because people lost with him in tourney. Falcos started doing better, but he has been top tier since forever.

Edit: Look at every street fighter / guilty gear / (insert fighting game here). People have been winning or doing well with high / mid / low tier characters, but they don't instantly move up in tiers. For example: some guy had been winning 3rd strike tourneys with Twelve, but he's still second bottom in the tier list (I personally think he should be the bottom, but w/e). Some guy had been doing well with Sean at some point, and beating Chun / Yun / Ken players, but the matchups stayed the same and he was still the bottom of the tier list. It's all because of what they can or can't do and how better characters can gay them.

Sheik can't be 5th. She barely has any disadvantageous matches and if they are, it is by like 5 / 10 points. Just not enough people play her, or use her in tournament (other than M2K and like 2 people). A lot of the good fox players quit, that's partially why he hasn't been as dominant as before.

D

Deleted member

ICs are known to have problems with Peach and Ganon, as well as Falcon, and to a lesser extent Fox Marth and Luigi. Peach is their only really horrible match-up, but they're still a very good and tournament viable character.

sorry guys, I took out the fun stuff.

all of the original values have been added in place of rounded values.

SDC

Smash Lord
lol way to edit the tier list umbreon, its better, but i'd like you to take down the "finalized on october 2008" cuz everybody knows thats crap. anyway good job improving yours though, probably still gonna make mine anyway.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Kage, you're also a much better player than any of the ICs that attended Genesis. I don't know if you can really use you ****** me or choknater or whoever else you played as evidence that Ganon ***** ICs since none of us were on your level. I do agree that it's a bad match-up, though.
If Wobbles and / or Chu Dat attended, then I'm not quite sure. Sorry Kage but I think Chu Dat is better than you, but I'm not too sure about Wobbles, I'm just saying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah.
don't really get that
like 2 people use samus
& kage linguini and chaddd tear **** up w/ ganon.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Yeah, Chu plays so many different random characters on the side (like Pikachu and Kirby) that he would probably still beat you. Chu Dat is a beast. I think I've seen you go Falcon before, but Pikachu still counters Falcon as well so...gg Kage. =)

P.S. Did Wobbles ragequit after you 4-stocked him?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
There is waaaaaaaaaaaay too much Samus discussion in this thread. Are people still split on her competitive worth? Maybe I should switch characters...

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I think we should talk about Roy instead. He's sooooo much better than Marth, I mean yeah he's slower, but he's so much stronger, and his b special move can kill in one hit. Why isn't he top tier?
Roy's recovery is bad, he falls too fast, he can be chaingrabbed, and his fsmash is terrible in comparison to Marth's. Also, his fair isn't so good.

Roy's spike is less versatile.

Skler

Smash Master
Fixed it for you.

Pink Reaper, it's because nobody actually uses Roy. If anyone picked up Roy you know they'd just win every tournament with his broken one hit KO. People just don't do that because they have enough honor not to use such a cheap character. Since nobody reps Roy for fear of being called a tier-*****, fire-****, or Roy-***** most people, even our back room, think Roy is a bad character.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya well Pikachu or Kirby has a hard time vs Ganon and Ics too.. so GG them!!!

I ****ing got this!! I won't down B or Forward B from far anymore. =p

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Fixed it for you.

Pink Reaper, it's because nobody actually uses Roy. If anyone picked up Roy you know they'd just win every tournament with his broken one hit KO. People just don't do that because they have enough honor not to use such a cheap character. Since nobody reps Roy for fear of being called a tier-*****, fire-****, or Roy-***** most people, even our back room, think Roy is a bad character.
I completely agree that people don't abuse his counter enough. It's just devastating when it connects. Also, he can potentially 0-death spacies with chaingrabs and gimps.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I think we should talk about Roy instead. He's sooooo much better than Marth, I mean yeah he's slower, but he's so much stronger, and his b special move can kill in one hit. Why isn't he top tier?
doesn't Roy have the worst hitstun in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom