• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Laijin

Smash Hero
Young Link is significantly better vs Puff than Mewtwo is

Since Puff is not only the best character but also belongs in a tier of her own

This makes Young Link better
Young Link does better against Puff than most of the mid and low tiers(except probably Doc), but not as good vs Fox, Falco,Falcon and Sheik.
Has an alright MU vs Peach, Ice Climbers and Ganon.

I don't think Mewtwo has good match ups vs any of the high tier characters. Except probably an alright MU against Falcon and Ganon.

tl;dr Young Link has better MUs overall than Mewtwo

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Edit:Pika and Jiggs will be UNBEATABLE. forget what I wrote here

I just bought a Thunderstone and Moonstone...
I can get it to Juan and Jeff in a couple weeks minimum...

WE ARE ****ED!!!

The only thing that can stop it is YL using Time Stop Song or wtf it's called and ****** them in .00001 seconds.

But stinger is right.
Mewtwo IS the best character.

HAVE YOU SEEN POKEMON THE 1st MOVIE?!?!!?!?

SOOOO GOOOOD!!!

Forlorn.

Smash Cadet
Who here thinks Falco could potentially be better than Fox?

Not saying he is, I'm quite neutral on the subject, just want to hear reasoning.

I'm genuinely curious.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Young Link does better against Puff than most of the mid and low tiers(except probably Doc), but not as good vs Fox, Falco,Falcon and Sheik.
Has an alright MU vs Peach, Ice Climbers and Ganon.

I don't think Mewtwo has good match ups vs any of the high tier characters. Except probably an alright MU against Falcon and Ganon.

tl;dr Young Link has better MUs overall than Mewtwo
being at a disadvantage never equates to a "good MU" yl loses to all the high tiers. you should measure your degree of success from the negative aka yl vs X isn't that bad.

falcon is mewtwo's 2nd worst MU. ganon is a bad MU or clear disadvantage. u are just making blind guesses.

Laijin

Smash Hero
being at a disadvantage never equates to a "good MU" yl loses to all the high tiers. you should measure your degree of success from the negative aka yl vs X isn't that bad.

falcon is mewtwo's 2nd worst MU. ganon is a bad MU or clear disadvantage. u are just making blind guesses.
When did I ever say Young Link wins any of the high tier match ups? I said he has decent MUs which means its either fairly close or he does not have a significant disadvantage, just a slight one(like 60-40).

So you are saying Mewtwo has better match ups vs the High tiers than Young Link? You're crazy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The difference between the best and second best character in this game is so infinitesimal that I just don't care. They're both really good and that's all that really matters.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
When did I ever say Young Link wins any of the high tier match ups? I said he has decent MUs which means its either fairly close or he does not have a significant disadvantage, just a slight one(like 60-40).

So you are saying Mewtwo has better match ups vs the High tiers than Young Link? You're crazy.
YL is a piece of trash and you know it.

Im only responding to you cuz u are said YL master. Just saying YL sucks and doesnt have any good MUs with the high tiers and that losing a MU isnt considered good, its a degree of bad depending on how close it is.

I didnt say M2 has good MUs vs high tiers at all. I actually only said M2 gets scraped by falcon, and beaten by ganon, you said his MUs werent too bad vs them,...aka u dont kno m2s MUs ur just guessing.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say THANK YOU for actually posting all the raw data. Seeing the "personal tier list" of every single voter is very interesting.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yea, which why ur gonna feel terrible after I beat you lol
lol. Wish you were coming to pound. We should up the stakes for our MM. $50 or more? Name your price. I won't accept our money match unless it is for a minimum of $50

Laijin: the ICG of young link.
No dude. I don't preach about Young Link being better than he is. He is a terrible character, but a lot less terrible than Mewtwo.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im not getting hyped about a camp fest! Ill MM @pound but Im not tryna do it for 50$. For the most part I dont kno if Ill have an extra 50 dollars, but we'll see. I might get a super hustle goin or somethin.

But if you are going to pound we should def play, I registered and bought my plane ticket weeks ago.

Pi

Smash Hero
i could see falco being better than fox

a good falco can really lock you down and make it much easier to exploit your patterns because he can force you into them (sheilding/spot dodging/wavedashing oos etc.) just by lasering safely

couple with that the patience to only make smart approaches, and you have a very hard character to get in on, and if you do you need to make it count

fox on the other hand has to take risks, even lasering comes with it's risks, and he gets punished just as hard as falco

only difference is he's got a slightly higher chance of making it back onto the edge/stage

rhan

Smash Hero
a YL player from NC almost beat HBox in pools at TO6

3rd match and everything

Y. Link is the best character
The irony. Smith isn't even as good as Laijin or I.

And YL's best match-ups are against all the higher tiered floaty characters. They're so simple.

Laijin: the ICG of young link.
LOLOLOLOLOL

This guy is hilarious! I'm sorry Laijin. xD

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I would be more inclined to believe his best MUs are vs the lower tiered floaty characters. Also if those are his best MUs, that means he probably doesnt have any winning MUs. I know thats not what you mean lol, but just sayin.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm sure Rhan is referring to his best high tier match ups, because thats what really counts in the end.
Just let me know in advanced Kaostar on how much our MM will be. I need to know if I should bring extra money or not haha. I wanna at least bring enough for all of my MMs so I don't gimp out on people.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm inclined to say I think YLink is better vs Sheik than Mewtwo

But I'm not sure why

I think it's probably because of YLink's better stage options after the 1st game

YLink is such a gay character lololol

Mewtwo is more resistant to Sheik stuff but Young Link just runs away and tries to make Sheik hate the game anyway

YLink stuff involves a butter knife. Which isn't all that threatening, but butter knife beats thighs more effectively than tail when Sheik's trying to come down from a juggle.

edit:

I wonder who edgeguards her better hmmmmmmm

rhan

Smash Hero
Young Link's D-Smash is more distorted and broken then Sheik's.

That's about all we got in the match though. And bombs preventing us from being CG'd as much.

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't even attempt the MU.
I'll just pick Sheik if they pick sheik. Welcome to chain grabs. Helps to even out the skill if the Sheik player is actually better than you too.
Says the guy that thinks Falco is fun when you're Young Link...

I have definitely more fun playing against Sheik then Falco.

Sheik's good moves are her grab, WD back, F-tilt, Fair, and Bair
You are absolutely correct. I suck as Sheik lmao I lose to Falcon's in my area but go even/beat them with Young Link.

MM?

Top Bottom