• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I think young link has a ton of potential, it just doesnt have someone like taj or scorp to help.

rhan

Smash Hero
I think young link has a ton of potential, it just doesnt have someone like taj or scorp to help.
Laijin and I are trying to fix.

And if Vanz would give the little guy some more shine you guys would know how amazing he can be against the most surprising characters.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
puff and falcon most noticeably, and then peach.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin and I are trying to fix.

And if Vanz would give the little guy some more shine you guys would know how amazing he can be against the most surprising characters.
eh idk. the only way to fix this is to play Young Link more, and more often than not I play Sheik cause its a lot easier and a lot less work and effort. Young Link and most low tiers are mentally exhausting lol. Not much elaborate thought goes into playing Sheik.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna say Peach/Jiggs especially. Falcon is either way.

Laijin: I strive for a challenge. I like working towards a respectful goal. Which is why I stick to playing Young Link.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I don't know why people argue with Laijin about Young Link. He doesn't even use YL in tournament, he is always going Shiek.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I've actually played Laijin's YL, it's not too bad, but it's not wtfamazing. I think we had like 2 close matches.

Then again what can I say. His shiek would probably **** me and I suck balls.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Ask leffen for his thoughts on Yoshi's matchups. I think you'll find that Yoshi apparently does more than "decently" in most top tier match-ups. ;D

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
i was going to say you're actually stupid but then i realized you're new
I was going to say why but then I realized you're one of those stuck up *******es who thinks that having lots of posts makes them smart and make the smash community worse.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yoshi is horrible and loses to camp so easily. Just throw turnips at the giant green vegetable-dinosaur-dragon thing and you win.

But he does have a good matchup vs. Jigglypuff.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm going to disagree, people just don't know the matchups and that's why they lose.
OH MAN! LIEK JiGGLYPUFF? OMG!

So by this logic instead of making her third best because of her tourney appreance and winning how about we put her in her proper place. Because obviously she's only winning tourneys because you guys don't know the match-up.

She's definitely not better then Sheik or Marth. And if anything she's on par with Marth but not my much.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm going to disagree, people just don't know the matchups and that's why they lose.
Pretty much.
Jigglypuff doesn't **** campy characters like Link, Young Link, Fox, etc etc while her other top tier counter parts do, making her below Sheik, Falco, Fox and probably even Marth.

But hey. This tier list isn't about match ups right? Its all about pure tournament placement. I mean, who wants a tier list based on accurate information like MUs? Naaah. Thats completely silly.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its just that every other community bases their tier lists off of MUs. Smash isn't that much different that we can't do the same except our community is also full of..well..I'm not even gonna say the word.
I feel you on that, but smash has alot more influence from the stage and cps than pretty much any other fighter.

not to mention, we seemed to have failed as a community at least 3 times recently lol on creating some sort of official MU chart. So you are asking the MBR to base their tier list off of something that we dont have.

Get a MU chart accurately completed b4 you try to use it as structural integrity in another build lol.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I feel you on that, but smash has alot more influence from the stage and cps than pretty much any other fighter.

not to mention, we seemed to have failed as a community at least 3 times recently lol on creating some sort of official MU chart. So you are asking the MBR to base their tier list off of something that we dont have.

Get a MU chart accurately completed b4 you try to use it as structural integrity in another build lol.
Just as the MBR created this tier list, why can't they create a MU chart? I agree with CP Stages having heavy influences, but character counter picks have as much influence as any other fighter. Besides, its not like smash is the only game with stage influences. In 3D fighters like Tekken, whether or not a stage has a wall, how big the stage is, if it has a breakable floor, etc etc all factors into how good each character plays on that stage vs another one. So stage CPs exist in other fighters as well. We must not get ahead of ourselves and think smash is super different from other fighters when they really share a lot of similarities.

D

Deleted member

match-ups neither tell us how good the character is in tournament nor are they objective fact. the only reason to use them over tournament results is that "other fighting game communities do it" and if you're really stuck on that then just go play those games or post in their tier threads.

Laijin

Smash Hero
match-ups neither tell us how good the character is in tournament nor are they objective fact.
Explain why you believe this is true. Why wouldn't basing how good a character is against all the other characters in the game say how good they are in tournament? Last time I checked thats what the game is about. One character facing off against another character.

Top Bottom