• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was going to say that an inattentive bird is a dead one, but I figured someone would say it.

I would say his SH nair is a good approach, but his inability to vary how he uses it (think Fox nair), as well as crouch cancelling, hinder it, I would think.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I definitely think there are better approaches than Pika's N-air.

You guys have to know what I mean with the Falco thing though, he can autopilot ridiculously well. . .

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Then maybe my Falco is just really good considering I've put nearly no effort into him, and I can sometimes 'autopilot' against players who are considered better than me and win. I'm mainly talking about for combos and for approaches btw.

Falco is my go-to character if I don't want to be technical or try hard. Such a simple character.

Except against other Falcos. Maybe Peach, I never really play against Peaches.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Your posts used to be far more evenhanded.

You can't autopilot with any character at the highest level, which is what the tier list pertains to, so I don't see how your line of argument is relevant. Same thing goes for "how hard he is to play".

I'd also love to hear your justification of how he's "too much of a dominating force" at the highest level, though frankly I'd bet it similarly stems from your bizarre prejudice and not actual evidence.

FourStar

Smash Ace
ya, Falco can't be a dominating force, he wasn't even in GFs of Apex OR NCR. What a free character.
That statement is flwaed. just cuz he doesn't make grand finals doesn't mean he isn't a dominating force. That's like saying fox sucks cuz he didn't do in good tournament. Also it really depends on the person using that character. and at Apex and NCR the falco players were really off...

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
That statement is flwaed. just cuz he doesn't make grand finals doesn't mean he isn't a dominating force. That's like saying fox sucks cuz he didn't do in good tournament. Also it really depends on the person using that character. and at Apex and NCR the falco players were really off...
Sarcasm

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I just think he is too much of a dominating force in the game, and I get annoyed when Falco players act like he is hard to play.
What happened? You used to actually make good posts. Now every other one of your posts is some complaint or another about Falco. No character in this game is easy, so taking credit away from the people that put work into their character just because their character is arguably the best in the game (or comparatively easy, but I think that's a really subjective topic) is kind of repulsive.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like making falco players thing the samus MU is hard.

hell, I just shield and they just get up-bd. and they complain. its a riot

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
My statements about how much I dislike Falco are more based on mid-level play. My arguments for him being the best character in the game are separate, and they're more about his consistency, control and reliable MU spread.

Maybe I'm too hard on the bird, he just frustrates me. It might be because Falco is probably close to my best character, even though I've put more time into my Yoshi, Puff, Peach, Sheik, Marth and Pikachu (My Falco is proably 2nd only to my Yoshi, even though I must have practiced Yoshi for at least 100x longer, and played him in at least 100x more matches). The person I play with the most plays Falco, and is so accustomed to the character that is the only character he can play. The best guy in my city also plays Falco. The two guys I play with the most when I move home for the summer, one is a Falco, and the other used to be a puff, although now he plays Falco. I feel like Falco is so boring, he makes the game less fun for me. At this point I'm bored playing against or as Falco, but he is the most prevalent character in my region.

I'll try to focus less on how much I dislike Falco, and focus more on meaningful posts.

FourStar

Smash Ace
My statements about how much I dislike Falco are more based on mid-level play. My arguments for him being the best character in the game are separate, and they're more about his consistency, control and reliable MU spread.

Maybe I'm too hard on the bird, he just frustrates me. It might be because Falco is probably close to my best character, even though I've put more time into my Yoshi, Puff, Peach, Sheik, Marth and Pikachu (My Falco is proably 2nd only to my Yoshi, even though I must have practiced Yoshi for at least 100x longer, and played him in at least 100x more matches). The person I play with the most plays Falco, and is so accustomed to the character that is the only character he can play. The best guy in my city also plays Falco. The two guys I play with the most when I move home for the summer, one is a Falco, and the other used to be a puff, although now he plays Falco. I feel like Falco is so boring, he makes the game less fun for me. At this point I'm bored playing against or as Falco, but he is the most prevalent character in my region.

I'll try to focus less on how much I dislike Falco, and focus more on meaningful posts.
i feel like the mid tiers are the most fun to play with because its s struggle to be good with them. also i like playing with fox even though he is the best in the game

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Extreme Wordage 2013
Haven't been on Smashboards lately hence delayed response, but I just wanted to say thanks very much for putting in the effort to make such a detailed and thought-out response. I do not currently agree with your perspective because imo it takes too much for granted regarding the future directions of the various characters, but I find it a very interesting premise and look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

But now everybody's rambling about Falco so that's the end of my response

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
The thing people have been doing lately where they manually change the contents of the quote should stop. It takes things out of context, is confusing, and in this case doesn't even make sense. It isn't like most posts are nearly at the character max anyway. I also feel like it is bad ettiquite to change that, because it looks like you're saying they said it, so you're 'putting words in their mouth'.

Also, in new smashboards, you can't click on the quote to see it.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
There's the ancient German saying "Nur Vollidioten tun vollquoten" (from around ~700 b.c. i think) meaning "Only idiots quote the full post", since if you just want to address specific parts it's unnecessary to pollute precious real screen estate with digital waste.
It's of course necessary to keep the integrity of the message conveyed intact, but not everybody might be blessed with huge screens and I personally don't really need a wall of text and then being forced to go through it just to find out what exactly the replying poster is referring to, either.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
There's the ancient German saying "Nur Vollidioten tun vollquoten" (from around ~700 b.c. i think) meaning "Only idiots quote the full post", since if you just want to address specific parts it's unnecessary to pollute precious real screen estate with digital waste.
dude if ur gunna troll ppl at least make it b-leevabl

german didnt evn EXIST in 700bc

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I'm not talking about failing to quote the whole post, I don't always quote the whole post. I'm talking about changing what the quote said. For example, Habefiet quoted TCB in saying "Extreme wordage 2013", so he is responding to a post TCB made with words in 2013? I'll assume it was his reasoning for Marth being #1, since that is his most notable post in recent memory. . .

It is unnecessary and confusing.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Maybe we should take words from the first and last lines and just put ... in between them as a way to shorten quotes.
e.g.:
I'm...unnecessary and confusing.
Or perhaps we could just take a sentence from the middle of the post
e.g.:
"Extreme wordage 2013"
Would that be better?

OR MAYBE

JUST MAYBE

We could let people do things HOWEVER THEY WANT (as long as it's not against the rules)

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
This game isn't fair. I can't misquote you so that you sound ridiculous.

Oh well.

It isn't like I'm going to(or can) force anyone to quote accurately.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I just think he is too much of a dominating force in the game, and I get annoyed when Falco players act like he is hard to play.
I'm not one to call people out by demanding footage of their gameplay, but if you are going to call characters easy, you have to be at least decent with them. The reality is you probably have a horrible Falco and are playing people just slightly more horrible than yourself.

i'm saying will they ever....
Don't hold your breath.

FourStar

Smash Ace
I'm not one to call people out by demanding footage of their gameplay, but if you are going to call characters easy, you have to be at least decent with them. The reality is you probably have a horrible Falco and are playing people just slightly more horrible than yourself.
****'S GOING DOWN!!!!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Beeee niiiccee!! >.>;;;;

Meh, what am I kidding, noone's gonna listen... this is the interwebs!!

My Falco sucks too, but i'm still zeh best!!

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Since I don't take my Falco seriously at all, I've only played one MM with him, where I got 3-1ed by another Falco in my region, named J!zzard (I suck against Falco, even with Falco, go figure). He is pretty good, but I can't think of anything to put him in perspective against (that people would know) except for beating Gimpyfish. . .

If you care about friendlies, I've taken games off of a local Puff(Brick) who has beaten Scar in friendlies.

The problem is that at my level (and as far as I know, your level, Bones) that there isn't any way to tell our relative skills. Things like the above are so arbitrary that it hardly doesn't tell you anything.

To be honest, I think my Falco is as good as it needs to be, I can do anything it should be able to do relatively consistently (waveshine, pillar, lhdl, nothing too technical). I think my Falco is only really limited by me not wanting to develop it, and by my own general skill.

I'm running a tournament on the 25th, I'll probably get a MM recorded or something.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If you care about friendlies, I've taken games off of a local Puff(Brick) who has beaten Scar in friendlies.
Friendlies and inui-logic leads to pretty ridiculous results.

I'm a pretty good example for that myself: I've taken friendlies of Ravenlord who has beaten Hungrybox in a MM set. Aren't I amazing? (I'm not horrible or anything, but really not close to being as good as that might make me sound).

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Friendlies and inui-logic leads to pretty ridiculous results.

I'm a pretty good example for that myself: I've taken friendlies of Ravenlord who has beaten Hungrybox in a MM set. Aren't I amazing? (I'm not horrible or anything, but really not close to being as good as that might make me sound).
Haha, I thought the excat same thing - always a pleasure to read your comments dude. :chuckle:

Top Bottom