• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
crazy imporvement....crazy mindgames.....daamn.....im gonna start picking dream land vs. CF....

id appreciate if you could take a look at my vids!!

technomancer

Smash Champion
it seems that you've incorporated more projectiles into your game. studying aniki lately?
I'mma have to call lame on this post.

I have a couple of questions. 1) There were a couple of times that you landed a pretty clean fair and did not grab. Was that just a reaction thing or was there a reason for it? I find that a couple of grabs off of Fairs serves as a pretty good mindgame.

2) In the first match, I liked how you spaced yourself so you had a few options against Falcon's approaches alot of the time, but it seemed like there were a couple of times you could have followed up safely but instead chose to DJ and FF through a platform and pull out a bomb or something.

3) SS is in DBR now, right? Do you play with him alot outside of tourneys? How does your Falco stack up against him?

Anyway, fun matches :) you definately haven't lost your touch and you still have a great edgeguard

El_LoVo

Smash Ace

I have a couple of questions. 1) There were a couple of times that you landed a pretty clean fair and did not grab. Was that just a reaction thing or was there a reason for it? I find that a couple of grabs off of Fairs serves as a pretty good mindgame.
people expect the grab after the f air so they cc and roll. it's a *****.

Deva

Smash Lord
Nice matches the use of projectiles was a breath of fresh air. I've always enjoyed your fast style but Germ + Projectiles = Link God. Look foreward to more vids.

Mr.C

Smash Master
nice matchs

germ check dis out

lil link trix

you always come down with a double nair (full hop nair, then nair the shield) which is good
but try doing this full hop nair let the weak part hit the shield im sure you know what im talking about. The natural instinct is for the opponent to grab, which SS does every time you do a full hop nair, so heres the trix (full hop nair, let the weak hit..hit the shield, you double jump if he wastes a shield grab then you can come down with a dair) pc chris even commented on this when i was playing him so it cant be to bad heh? =]

vs marths, sheiks etcetc that will try to get shield grabs out and there around 100% its usually a death.

just a lil tip incase you want to try it out.

EDIT: since people prolly know you for bairing grabbing etc
if the person is in the their shield you can shbair, jump out of the bair, which is a lil hard but im sure you can already do it. (most people will try to grab) you can dair/nair behind their shield.... works pretty nicely.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Match 2, 2:40 was a sexy part 2:59 was nice. Match 3 00:30 nice, really close match. Yeah I got one question how the **** do you fast fall and just grab on the edge? lol jks. Yeah i am amazed!

The GERM

Smash Ace

2) In the first match, I liked how you spaced yourself so you had a few options against Falcon's approaches alot of the time, but it seemed like there were a couple of times you could have followed up safely but instead chose to DJ and FF through a platform and pull out a bomb or something.

3) SS is in DBR now, right? Do you play with him alot outside of tourneys? How does your Falco stack up against him?

Anyway, fun matches :) you definately haven't lost your touch and you still have a great edgeguard

1: In tournaments I try to not use aerials to grab on fast fallers much, I'd rather be safe, especially against good players who'd punish the sh** out of me if I were to miss.

2: Like I said, in tournaments I try to keep a good safe distance between myself and my opponenet If it's not almost 100% punish proof, I won't go for it unless I'm desperate.

3: Yes SS has been in DBR for quite some time now, just haven't really publicly announced it or anything, besides adding him to the new banner. We play with Jeff every bi-weekly and he comes over for smashfests about once a month. Honestly, playing countless matches with Jeff is what made me get better and play smarter. When you play a person who's better than you, and I can comfortably say that he was better than me, You want to watch them play as much as possible against other people and try to figure out how they think rather than how they press buttons. When it comes to my Falco, he beats me most of the time. I used him in the bi-weekly prior to this one and took him out of the winner's bracket but that's the last time I used him. The thing with SS is that he knows exactly what to do against fast fallers, especially space animals, so if you go Fox or Falco against him you really have to know what you're doing or he'll capatalize on your every mistake. He knows how to combo very well against floaties too, but it's it's usually not a zero to death like against fast fallers. Go to the 1v1 room and you can find the latest bi-weekly thread and watch SS vs. Lunin and you'll see what I mean.

Mr.C: Yeah I know what your talking about, I've been playing around with that for a while. Another good one to do is instead of doing a full jump sex kick to d-air, you can hit with the last part of the full jump sex kick and dash to an up+b, works best on Marth.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Awesome vids I stole a few of those moves and used them tonight in my bi weeklies lol
I feel its not to bad to rack up damage with my Link but to kill them off is sooooo hard sometimes.
Your link is awesome I hope to see more videos.

Aesir

Smash Master
lol falling off uairs that made my day, mind if I asked what you were thinking by doing that? lol anyway those were nice matches, I didn't even realize it was your link playing it changed alot. =o

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
is it just me or does dash attack / u tilt / dsmash **** foxes and falcos at mid percent on FD and poke?!?! or is that just noob space animals...

lol germ - do you always team w/ king?

i team with a jigglypuff as well...its so sick..hes very good at resting my grabbed victems....
i also team with a very good ice climber player...both teams seem to work well vs...space animals...iceies **** space animals in teams...

daaamn i got to get that double nair sex kick into my game...you make it look sooo effictive...

jab smashes are soooo fukkin annoying...i love to ues them when i play fox tho...=) jab usmash is toooo good....is there any way to avoid jab smashes?

Jash

Smash Lord
Nice vids Germ, but it really looks like that day really wasn't your day. It looked like you were making mistakes on a few parts that i know you wouldn't have done. Otherwise your Link is getting improved and faster, he looks as fast as my Young Link. Keep at it yo.

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
Amazing LINK like always Germ, its me.. Inferno718 from aim btw.. ( lol..) anyways those were some amazing matches, and you have some **** good link control. That first combo you pulled off on zel's fox in yoshi story = priceless, and.. vs SS's falcon, you just did some amazing combos, if i were to list them here that would be a waste, im just gona go ahead and say 90% of ur combo's on SS were amazing. Keep up the good work, and you promised some 1v1's vs SS and Zel and you posted them, thnx for posting em man good stuff keep it up.

Link226

Smash Ace
Good vids....its noticable you have gotten better. Hey germ can u answer something for me? Who do u think has improved the most in your crew? Since we last seen them atleast.

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****!! You have really gotten better Germ. Now i have something to train against cap. falcon. Your spacing was flawless, your combos INSANE, the use of full jump n-air's is a great addition to Link's game too. Hope to see more of your Link soon.

PS: And to a few friends that said that you could never beat SS....im going to enjoy looking at their faces XDD

Zodiac

Smash Master
Intense! You've gotten way better! fast to, But , I have one specific question.

Why didnt you chaingrab the fast fallers? With the down throw + tech chase?
i've been practicing that for a while and it works even better on platforms, I figure theres a reason I dont see it in tourney play.

Sweet matches!

Skler

Smash Master
Vids of my Link, critique!

Alright, some of the videos of MST8 low tier finals got up, so critique away!

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Theres about 5 more matches that either aren't up yet or won't be going up at all, but go on and critique me, I hate Roy.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Well, your Link is pretty good. You tried a couple of techniques that you didn't pull off very well (Edgehogging and bomb fakes). You left yourself open fairly often, allowing you to get smacked around. Try to keep yourself stationary, let your opponent come to you, then when your time is right, pull out some bombs and deal damage. Overall, you're okay.

Autumn Leaf

Smash Rookie
Were you nervous? Your style is moderately solid, and would be tons better if you were quicker on your feet. There were times when you just stood there after doing a move or walked right into the guy's next attack.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
u seemed a bit nervous somewat. i saw alot of sidestepping nothing. its good that ur predicting ur opponent but overpredicting can be hazardous. instead of sidestepping u should rather shield or wavedash back or something or jab since jab comes out fairly quick.
i also saw the unwanted missed grabs, which u were punished on most of the videos. the most i can say about this is space ur grabs and make them less predictable yea.
if u happen to land a grab on fairly high % oppenents do a dthrow > up-b. this is preferably on fast fallers cuz floaties wont be in range of the up-b and ull get smacked lol

and as for nair spamming, i saw u nair at moments when a dair would have been better resulting in a KO yet u chose the nair for priority + knockback. while nair is still a awesome move u should work on bombplants and up-b out of shield.

ur recovering, ur hookshot recoveries on Battlefield was impressive. ur pretty accurate with it, but it got to a point where it became predictable and many other players would have taken advantage of it.
ledgehop faking is good too, but try not to use it so often, again it was very predictable, u seem to fall into the same pattern : 2 ledgehop fakes --> something something

anyways im a horrible critiquer if u find anything i said to be outrageously stupid im sorry. i just have fun critiquing and giving the best advice i can to whomever.

overall i like ur link and i think ur pretty good, but could use just a bit of work, like ur sidestepping fetishes. :p :)

FlipX

Smash Ace
Game1- Calm it down with the ledge hop fake thing WAY to predictable and a little sloppy play like hitting yourself with your bomb but it wasnt amazingly bad.
Game2- You kinda missed with the hookshot alot other than that you played the course well
Game3- I would go for using the bomb instead of the boomerang when trying to recover, and you missed an easy edgeguard or two. And again enough with those edge hop fakes =P
Game4- Alot better use of projectiles this game. Suicides were rough but it happens so dont worry about it. IMO game 4 was your best one, suicides aside.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
I only watched video 1 but i will critic the others later

As a link player... I like your general style
few things though
1. its not the easiest with links ^B but try to sweetspot-ish
2.When edgehogging roll up-lasts longer
3.More mindgames
Keep them guessing with your bombs...
Sometimes it is better to hit yourself with a bomb.(mindgames)

I personally find Links wavedash to be a waste of time.
I only wavedash with Luigi and Samus

Ive faced harder Roy's though-the Roy needs a little polishing
All in all- I think you are a "better" smasher than the roy
Although the term better doesnt quite apply past the casual gaming level

Its more who is luckier or mindgames the best that round

Good job but keep trying to improve
(I will get some of my friendly matches up this summer)
(Your probobly a bit "better" than me)

Skler

Smash Master
Darc, but you main Marf and Marf is like Roy! Also, Darc has several claims to fame (having his name in reverse be Crad and beating PC chris).

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
come to pound 2 skyler!!! yr link look iight against low tier... play a little more defence...

how do you do against top tier!? aka fox, falco, shiek, cf and such...

Skler

Smash Master
I just like to say darc mains marth, who does he main otherwise? I hear from a reliable source it's nobody, but the source I heard might not know Darc, or Crad, well enough (I mean who is thealmightydarc anyways).

Where's pound 2 being held? If I can make it then I'll go. As for against top tiers, I'll try and get some videos up of me fighting them (I think there's one up of me getting my *** handed to me by th0rn about 4 months ago). Just wait for CAT3 videos.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Your link is pretty smart but I notice a few things.Your very predictable you start a match with one pace and continiue that pace until you get desperate.

Whenever you make a kill you always pull out a bomb at high percentages that bomb will get you into more trouble in that circumstance than you think.

Whenever someone else takes a stock you again take out a bomb when you respawn this will only reinforce to your competitor what you plan on doing.
You also like to edgehop to fair to grab very risky buissness indeed.

You should mix things a tad to keep your opponent from being able to read you.
Thanks for the videos I enjoyed watching them.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I saw the videos between Germ and Zhu and that was very impressive. The videos of Zelgadis vs Falcomist were the best because Zelgadis just hurt Ness and sexed kicked him four times in a row.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Well your Link seemed alright
Your extrmeley technical and that can be a bad thing
your very predictable and not very fast
try to be a little more quick and kill in more ways
I noticed in the first match that all you pretty much killed with was sword plants

Top Bottom