• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Link Question and Answer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i'm pretty sure he doesnt have a cg on ness, my brother mains ness and it never works

jab canceling is faster than waiting for the jab to end because you crouch during the IASA frames and cancel the crouch with another move.
oh...ok thanks :). I was trying it out with my bro and it seemed to work but my reaction time sucks and I'm horrible with ness so...

-:bowser:Bowser King

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
i'm pretty sure he doesnt have a cg on ness, my brother mains ness and it never works

jab canceling is faster than waiting for the jab to end because you crouch during the IASA frames and cancel the crouch with another move.
First what is IASA?

Secondly, if you're talking to me, I don't wait for the jab to end, I just hold down as I do the second jab, which automatically cancels out the jab and I can go straight into another move (or in my case do a lot of jab cancels :) )

D

Deleted member

actually i wasnt talking to anybody in general i was just sharing my info lol

IASA = interruptible as soon as

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
Playing on WIFI is like being drunk and playing smash...its total BS...jab canc on WIFI is sorta hard because the other players might have no lag...ur best bet is to juggle in the air...no chance of mistakes...also i would suggest doing AA down A...AA down A...worked for me...oh yeah dont use arrows almost worthless on WIFI...at least IMO...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I've never figured out how to do bombsliding correctly (particularly reverse bombsliding). What is the button input for it? I know the first half of it is the DAC, but what next?

sasook

Smash Champion
I've never figured out how to do bombsliding correctly (particularly reverse bombsliding). What is the button input for it? I know the first half of it is the DAC, but what next?
Well, the simple explanation is to press up and backwards instead of up. Trick is to HOLD up and backwards + Z, as if you're charging a smash attack. Same applies for just the standard up throw bombslide. If you input the DAC input and just press up, chances are you'll get a upthrow fake out. If you HOLD up + Z (almost like charging the upsmash in a normal DAC), you'll always get an upthrow bombslide.

So dash -> C-stick down -> up/back Z and act as if it's a smash attack being charged

After that, you just need practice. Also, turn tap jump off.

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
Link can play without any projectiles and be just fine...i would just juggle you and rack up %...his projectiles are used for spacing...link is just fine with his swordplay...

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I think arrows are far from useless D:
A lot of times in the middle of a knockback after being hit, I arrow cancel instead of dodge to regain my footing. It stops enemies in their approach and prevents them from comboing you when you get on your feet.
Oh, I still need to learn reverse bombsliding. I'll get on that soon. I'm too in love with ISJR right now. Three-jump mindgames are too good. ;D

sasook

Smash Champion
A lot of times in the middle of a knockback after being hit, I arrow cancel instead of dodge to regain my footing.
Yeah, I've done that before, but it doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I just hit the ground instead, maybe it only works at certain percents?

I'm too in love with ISJR right now. Three-jump mindgames are too good. ;D
You can do it? Wow, that's impressive.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've done that before, but it doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I just hit the ground instead, maybe it only works at certain percents?
I dunno; i guess its just requires quick reaction; its no different than momentum canceling input in my opinion.

You can do it? Wow, that's impressive.
I can do it every time! Its actually very easy. The intended "instructions" on how to do it are a little misleading.

1. tap your jump and immediately bair with the c-stick. That's obviously known and easy.
2. What most people don't know to do correctly. When you jump+fair for the second jump, you're not inputting the two commands at the same time. You actually press jump a split second before you fair. You'll know if you ISJRed correctly if there is no "white circular jump effect" below Link, and if you can jump again obviously.
3. Enjoy your third jump?
Give it a try. I'm sure with this info and a little practice you'll be able to do it every time;)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
2. What most people don't know to do correctly. When you jump+fair for the second jump, you're not inputting the two commands at the same time. You actually press jump a split second before you fair. You'll know if you ISJRed correctly if there is no "white circular jump effect" below Link, and if you can jump again obviously.
This is also incredibly easy for me to remember because if you do the fair timing correctly it will end *just* in time for you to do a quickdraw, amirite?

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
In my experience with it, timing the fair correctly on the second jump only gives you time to do a third jump; if that's what you meant. But if you were talking about the third jump's ability to quickdraw, yes you can do it. ;D
I often use my third jump to fair agian, dair, or pull out a bomb and quickdraw.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
In my experience with it, timing the fair correctly on the second jump only gives you time to do a third jump; if that's what you meant. But if you were talking about the third jump's ability to quickdraw, yes you can do it. ;D
I often use my third jump to fair agian, dair, or pull out a bomb and quickdraw.
No, that's not what I meant, and so therefore I am (as usual) wrong.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
We're not exactly sure of what is occurring in the programming, but it has to do with the attack animation ending right before Link hits the ground. If Link is "touching" the ground as his attack animation ends, he can do another midair jump (although it is almost the exact same as if you jumped from the ground).

This is extremely easy to learn using Bowser's sideB. If you do his sideB in the middle of a jump, and he is still in the animation before he touches the ground, you can easily do another midair jump, sideB as you approach the ground, and then sideB infinitely. All you need is to be "touching" the ground as the animation ends.

mrd52787

Smash Rookie
Hey I was just curious about a small problem I am encountering when playing my friend. He is always Pit and always spams his arrow. When I can finally get near him he just uses one of his smashes to hit me away and then repeats the process. I was just wondering if there is any way to avoid this other than rolling/jumping out of the way, Hylian shield, or continuously just spot dodging in place. Thanks in advance!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
At mrd:

Powershield. Walk. Powershield. Walk. Powershield. Walk. Shield. Grab. Throw. Powershield. Walk. Powershield. Walk. Shield. Grab. Throw.

This strategy always works on me, because I always smashspam when somebody gets too close. Link's grab range is just enough to take advantage of a shielded smash.
I learned how to powershield approach well because my friend uses Pit. But you wouldn't know it on WiFi. Stupid lag.
I also have a couple of vids vs Pit. Their only decent, but it shows how I approach Pit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mmQMg70OM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agO8FGgtlqs

EDIT: Second vid is best in regards to this topic.

PokemonMaster

Smash Cadet
Green Link - Traditional Garb
Blue Link - Water-Breathing Tunic
Red Link - Fire-Proof Tunic
Dark Link - evil link
Gold Link - Super Fairy Potion Link

Is the White Link = shield ring Link?

D

Deleted member

Green Link - real link
Blue Link - garbage Link
Red Link - pink garbage Link
Dark Link - shadow link aka the best Link
Gold Link - nasty only used by izaw Link

Is the White Link = toon link?
fixed cuz i'm pro

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Green Link - For those who are too lazy to pick colors.
Blue Link - For EVERYBODY!
Red Link - For those who are never present on the smashboards.
Dark Link - For those without a soul.
Gold Link - For Swedish people who kick ***.

Is the White Link = Toon Link?
fixed cuz i'm pro
Fixed again because I had to fix what you broke.

sasook

Smash Champion
There can only be one TRUE green link. Thats why I rock it, plus it stands for cash money.......Hooty Hoo
I use green too. I mean, Legan's my idol.

In all truthfulness, I've used green since the release of brawl, before I even knew about Legan. Or this site. Or competitive smash in general. lol

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I refuse to believe it is lavander.

White all the way.

Its really strange. For some reason. I play more conservative with While Link. Rely more on a spam and spacing game. When I play Red and Dark, I rely more on aggressive combos.

Hey I was just curious about a small problem I am encountering when playing my friend. He is always Pit and always spams his arrow. When I can finally get near him he just uses one of his smashes to hit me away and then repeats the process. I was just wondering if there is any way to avoid this other than rolling/jumping out of the way, Hylian shield, or continuously just spot dodging in place. Thanks in advance!
SHAD approach. That means Airdodge the arrows. When you get close. Zair the crap out of him.

O and throw bombs. Bombs eat those arrows up like candy.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
For a while, I felt that when I changed my colors, I'd be empowered by the pro I know uses that color and my playstyle would change accordingly.
Green: Legan
Red: Smasher
Blue: Deva
Gold: Izaw
White: No one yet D:
Black: Just me.

Strange, I know. But it's kinda cool. :smash:

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Can we make it a rule that anyone who lose in a same costume ditto match has to change their color? I hate having to wear that stupid cloudy costume you have to use when your opponent has the same color on.

Actually, can we just make it so that I'm the only person that can use the gold costume? I guess Izaw can keep using it since I'll probably never play the guy, but that's it.

And no Link does not have a white costume, everyone own up and admit it's lavender. If not you fail colors. Just look:

Come on! I know you see that costume has color and is not white.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
For a while, I felt that when I changed my colors, I'd be empowered by the pro I know uses that color and my playstyle would change accordingly.
Green: Legan
Red: Smasher
Blue: Deva WaffleZ
*Takes out knife*
Bweheheheh... Hee hee hee hee...

WAAHAA HAA HAA HAA HAAAAAAA!!!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
It is WHITE, not lavender. If you want a nice lavender play Link in SCII with the Great Fairy Sword.

D

Deleted member

its not white or lavender, its a nice shade of toon link pink

happy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom