• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King Dedede Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kai3345

I think King Dede Is a very cool charecther on the game becasue of his hammer and cause hes fat. I think that if he was fatter than he could just sit on people and they would die or there damage ratio will go up, i also think that is hammer should be bigger for some reason but i never thought why it should be that way.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I think you are talking about wall of paining with back a, no?
Well, just jump and press bair right away. Another jump will change your direction and you will be facing the opposite direction.
Thanks but I already knew this...

True I did want to know this for wall of paining but the multiple b-airs take a bit longer than the multiple jump and they dont give you as much freedom of movement when compaired to the regular multiple jump.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
question for you guys...

how do you fight people who arent CG able.

usually i try to tech chase down throws anyway and after 2-4 of those I back throw for maxdamage, but i just watched a vid of CO18 against an olimar and he was just consistently f throwing, i think most of the time it was to get oli off the ledge, but either way.

how do you deal with nonCG able opponents?

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
question for you guys...

usually i try to tech chase down throws anyway and after 2-4 of those I back throw for maxdamage, but i just watched a vid of CO18 against an olimar and he was just consistently f throwing, i think most of the time it was to get oli off the ledge, but either way.

It all depends on who our opponent is. I'm assuming the reason CO18 was forward throwing the Olimar in order to get him off stage, and with good reason. Some well placed back airs are all it takes to gimp users with a tether recovery. Personally, whenever I'm fighting a character who can't be chain grabbed, I either back throw or down throw to forward tilt, which connects in a lot of cases.

Tero.

Smash Champion
question for you guys...

You can dthrow ftilt almost everyone who isn't cg able, or just tech chase with grabs, dash attack and stuff.
About that Olimar thing: Olimar get's gimped easily, so he was trying to get him off stage.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'm not a DDD player, but I'm going to guess bair because it lasts the least amount of time as far as I can tell.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't play Dedede in doubles unless I'm up against a double Snake team or something. Dedede/MK and Dedede/Snake are both good combos though, with the latter one probably being better (just watch Seibrik's teams videos of D3 runs C3). I've heard that Dedede/Marth is also good. Generally I think Dedede + any faster character would be a good combo, but those are the best from what I've seen.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Really?

I thought it is Fair.

Maybe a DDD player can answer my question?

Thank you in advance.
No, Fair is way too slow. It's definitely either nair or bair. We don't have frame data for Dedede though so we can't be sure which.

RATED

Smash Lord
I don't play teams so much( I don't like it) but a great partner for DDD are : Luigi and snake.

one down throw with DDD with luigi near is a sure death to the grabbed. ( Dthrow to luigi's up b)
it work wonders really.

Snake- uptilt sexyness I love this guy on teams, inhales to uptilt is awesome it feels great lol

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
well according to Badjuju with an olimar grab, you can use Neutral B and suck him up after a grab, and then Olimar will be out of the way and free Fsmash lol. So maybe Olimar would be a good choice for team.

...If you had good synergy anyway, and it's somewhat situational.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I think King Dedede is horrible in team battles, especially with team attack on from several tests in team battle friendlies at my local tournament. So I replace him for Donkey Kong because he is great for team battles, team attack on or off.

RATED

Smash Lord
Oh man, epic Wombo Combo.
if my friends from Puerto rico see that I posted the luigi and d3 teams combo ( they have more) :chuckle: I will get killed! lol

is like zss and GaW what a broken team!

btw inhales are great on teams! use ur opponent or ur friend to hit the opponent they both get like 10 percent and the one who is hitted by tthe "star" this have good knockback.

I want to try jiggly and d3( CG to rest) I will try that later.

wow and I don't like teams but my crew mates do. so I love watching team battles.

Toon link and peach are excellent partners for almost everyone. and ROB is sexy on teams. and Yoshi.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Does anyone use ledgehop reverse Bairs to ledgegrab?
yeah i do that pretty often

About DDD in doubles: I hate playing D3 in team matches and i wouldn't do it unless i have to fight double snake or something lol. cg is way harder unless the team partner of your opponent is a ****** lol.

oh and Commander_Beef "especially with team attack on" team attack should always be on ...

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Does anyone use ledgehop reverse Bairs to ledgegrab?
Yeah, it's good. Personally, I use it sparingly, as it's good to catch people off guard.

You all don't love teams as Dedede? Man, I love using him in teams, he can just fit so many roles. He can rack up damage, he can kill, he can distract people, he can make sure people don't come back (basically gimping), he can set up some crazy and/or gay stuff with his throws, regicides, etc.

Rohan

Smash Apprentice
i need help with ddd i picked him up 3 days ago(my old main was fox, tired of getting the **** beat out of me) and im decent as him but, its easy for me to get the momentum and take control of the match but then they can take control of the match and ****. i also cant find ways to approach. i just need help

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Dededee has very limited approach options. You should play him defensively and take advantage of your opponents mistakes. Other than that, waddle throws are your best option.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Shield approaches are good.
Also you shouldn't rush in, walk and then waddle dee, ftilt, shield, grab etc.
Playing defensively is probably a good advice.

Rohan

Smash Apprentice
okay, my bro plays a mean falco and its almost impossible to play defensive. i perfect shield all his lasers and still cant approach because his AAA is faster then my moves. he also plays snake and it seems hard to out camp him with waddle dees when he times the grenade so it blows up right as it gets to me. aside from this, when i start to camp he usually punishes my waddle dee lag.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Falco is a very tough match up. His chain grab on you is a big annoy. Use the Waddle's, they can absorb his lazer. Play a lot of air. Bair is a great move as you'll soon fine. I recomend you check out Co18's, So I Heard You Ledge Camp Falcos Yes he looses, but the point is that he took a risk to avoid the falco spam and edge guarding.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Every character goes the same horizontal distance if they're launched with the same force. But the same move at the same percent will not launch two different characters with the same force.

Rohan

Smash Apprentice
thnx guys now after playing him a while i just ****. i camp with waddle dees and then tech chase him then back throw off the side and utilt or bair his phantasm. **** lasers though they hit u soo much

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
thnx guys now after playing him a while i just ****. i camp with waddle dees and then tech chase him then back throw off the side and utilt or bair his phantasm. **** lasers though they hit u soo much
Good Job lol?

Thats how hard DeDeDe *****. ;)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
What are your best options VS Ike? The range of his Fair is just alot more like Bair of DDD. It looks like it at least... I also hate that eruption move X_X and the Aether actually spikes me to my doom everytime im trying to gimp him X_X Any advice please?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
What are your best options VS Ike? The range of his Fair is just alot more like Bair of DDD. It looks like it at least... I also hate that eruption move X_X and the Aether actually spikes me to my doom everytime im trying to gimp him X_X Any advice please?
Space yourself and Inhale him if he tries to approach with Fair.

Next time use the Q&A thread. :p

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For this match, no aerials. That's generally his advantage, well spaced aerials.
Play very slow, abusing your grab range and the instant follow up of the ftilt. Rack up the damage, and when he gets frustrated, swallow to fair.
I play an Ike main often, and this is how I deal with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom