• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King Dedede Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met

Smash Ace
DEDEDE sucks don;t play him you all suck my balls its ok though becuase i respect the gays. no **** gays are fine, but not in the sexual way for me because i am straight *****es. but its ok to be homosexual so don't be afriad lol lol douch.

jigglypuff_monarchy

Smash Rookie
the first time i used Dedede, i knew i wanted to main him. or at least second to Meta-Knight... but dang, Meta's just so friggin' overused. even if he is ridiculously cool.

i just wish Dedede had a reliable spike, other than his up+B. any character who makes the ground tremor every time he jumps should definitely have a good spike move.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
I know. Thers only one. :(

King DDD is rly awesome though. I love his bair and edgeguarding skills. Only problem I see with him is that his final smash is very avoidable.
True but all it takes is some waddle doos and then your in business. just weight untill you see a waddle doo charge up and throw your opponent into them then let loose with his final smash.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
The more I play the game....the more I love Dedede! Simply the best character, though it took a bit to get used to him, now I own my friends! Plus, that regal purple costume is awesome. Just lookes very lordly and royal (or pimpin', depending on your point of view). I have found people have trouble evading his FS, especially in FFAs, but that Waddle Doo idea sounds like it could work even better!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
he floats like a penguin, stings like a.... a..... something. any ideas?

Floats like a penquin, stings like a Dee

yes, the king is awesome. I love his Icy blue "King Cold" colors. I killed someone at excatly 50% in less than 10 seconds, and even I was like, "Oh my gawd." The uptilt is nasty wit its priority, i used it to clash with fast attacks a lot, and his hammer (Ftilit, Jab) is good for stoping lots of projectiles, thereby eliminating the whole projetile spam thing for links, IC, and the like.

question: I think this is true, but you can clash with Zelda's Forawrd Special with your up tilt on its release, right? I would check now but Im in school If anyone could check right now, that'll be good

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
jav the timing is reallyl strict but its possible. cancel zeldas dins fire with the release of uptilt. O.o or maybe i glitched brawlz

and flots like a penguin stings like a dee is my new slogan xD

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
His up tilt does cancel zelda's Dins fire. Also, when properly timed, D3's up smash can beat link and toon link's downstab. ;)

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Situational. There isn't much D3 can do if your opponent is above you, so you should only really time an up smash if link/toon link is on high % - perfect for that KO they never saw coming (It also makes you look f***ing awesome).

Grabbing has that combo potential, chances are you are going to get more % out of a Dthrow - Ftilt - Waddle and is a better approach to the Dair when your opponent is at low %

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Hm... Yesterday I had a though about Dedede.

You know how people call Kicks that stay out for a while and damage for a while sex kicks?

Well yesterday I saw that Dedede has something like that for his N-air, except it's his entire body.

So does that mean that Dedede's Nair is...

A Sexy Body? :|

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
I wish dedede had a better final smash. it really is the ultra gay guy dance. however its cool that sakurai played his voice

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
Hello Fellow Dedede's, Ive spoken to a dedede and have come to inform D3 that Yoshi is your comrade in hit & and give, Thank you KingDedede's. :)

Tyser

Smash Champion
Does infinite grabbing a DDD off the edge with another DDD require the same timing as the way to do it to DK/Luigi/Mario/Samus? I can do the infinite to DK/Luigi/Mario/Samus/Boozer but the DDD one is hard because I dont get it apparently. Help please.

LSDX

Wah!
Certain characters require more timing than others because of their given weights. In order for you to actually chain then, you have to predict how they'll get out of the chain whether they roll left, right, or stationary.

If you can read the players strategies, then chaining them should be a breeze in my opinion. Just remember not to become too predictable with your strategies or your opponent will punish you extremely.

Browny

Smash Hater
just saw the funniest dedede moment ill see in a looong time, i have to tell someone :)

In a 4 player match, my brother was dedede. on delfino plaza, it got down to him vs peach, dedede on 154% and peach on about 50%. it was on the island part of the stage. With peach bearing down on him with a f-air ready no doubt, I told him to go for Dededecide, even though the stage hadnt changed, it was his only shot. sure enough peach walks right into it, and at that very moment the stage takes off, giving him just enough time to jump beneath the stage and spit peach out. lucky for him, peachs' non-existant second jump, she tried to recover with umbrella but fell the tiniest bit short of the edge and just floated down slowly while he held down to do the laying down taunt on the platform. took about 15 seconds for peach to eventually die.

One of the funniest things ive ever seen. Dedede is too cool.

DSLemming

Smash Rookie
King DeDeDe

King DeDeDe is awesome.
Especially when you suck players into his stomach and kamikaze off the stage :laugh: That always annoys the hell out of everyone :chuckle:

Royale

Smash Journeyman
i finally learned how to chain grab him, and for some weird reason after awhile of using Dedede the WHOLE ROOM switches to Dedede

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Anyone know the answers to two questions I have?

1) What characters can he d-throw --> d-tilt?
2) What's the deal with infinite chain-grabbing on the edge? My friend told me that you could do it and M2K does it in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ovHARCOHaQ at around 1:50, but whenever I try it it doesn't work. Is there a certain technique to it or can he only do it to certain characters?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Anyone know the answers to two questions I have?

1) What characters can he d-throw --> d-tilt?
2) What's the deal with infinite chain-grabbing on the edge? My friend told me that you could do it and M2K does it in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ovHARCOHaQ at around 1:50, but whenever I try it it doesn't work. Is there a certain technique to it or can he only do it to certain characters?

That worked because it was on a moving platform, but he can infinite D3 and wolf when they hang off the stage with correct timing.

Theres a thread for Dthrow stuff somewhere on these boards, i think it's called the chain grab thread or something, let me know if you need help finding it or if you have any other questions.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
Man, I started using DDD yesterday and he is fun as hell.
Can anyone tell me this:In the DDD shuffle,do you slightly move the c stick or control stick(GCN CONT)?

Also can anyone tell me the list of DDD chaingrabbable chars an non-chaingrababble

lol chaingrababble is a funny word

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
can someone link me to that one thread that was made about how ddd is the greatest character in this game?

i forgot the name of it but its too good... and its not in th stickeys anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom