• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
theres soo much info that looks true on 2ch just they are things that we nver heard about so its pretty confusin , those kind of info turn out to be true like 60% of times , its pretty confusing lol
You don't know the amount of news I purposely don't update this thread with because there's no confirmation. I filter a lot from 2chan and i'd say 60% is high.

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
A few days ago (4 days ago actually) I found a blog on 2CH about somebody complaining how Brawl is the sux0rs because it wouldn't boot. I didn't believe because I thought it was fake. Kotaku also reported this but we know how reliable Kotaku can be about Brawl Info (not very).

Well it turns out it's true and Nintendo has submitted a workaround for it.

Google translation tells me this is the workaround:
Ulla concrete steps.
(1) pressing the power button for four seconds, remove the disk (2), (3) put another load times confirmed

After the firmware update instructions not to be able to properly display messages.
Sorry, I don't get it.
What is a workaround?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that this firmware update is going to pwn every modchip, considering even the (unmodded) Wii itself gets pwned by it :p

Thino

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that this firmware update is going to pwn every modchip, considering even the (unmodded) Wii itself gets pwned by it :p
ew scary for those like me who wanted to play the Jpn one with a modchip... waiting for PAL release is hard though

S2

Smash Lord
The guy who posted it...turns out he's a store manager and that's his blog.
Good to know. Kinda exlains the authenticity of it, since we know why someone has it early and is being public about it.

As long as the US version doesn't give me this #&^$ I guess I'm okay. My heart goes out to those who are importing though, let's hope everyone can run it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, you can still play the game. From what I've read, you can still play the game, but a message pops up that the update can't be applied, etc. But the game still works. It's more of a minor annoyance. It probably won't affect US version discs, but it's obviously too early to tell.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope this does not delay the game more I just got used to the March realease date :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
First picture: Uses 128 Blocks.
Second picture: (Too hard to discern...something about SEEPU-something?)

EDIT: And perhaps these issues were part of the reasoning behind the delay(s). Y'know...aside from the disc shortage and whatnot.

But yayy for the official box! Now we just need official information about what's inside. ;)

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
That second one is really blurry. It says the word "Save" then something else in Katakana....

Its not "Seepu" its "seebu" which is "Save"

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
AH! It's SEEBUDEETA (セーブデータ), or "Save Data." So 128 Blocks of System Memory and something about Save Data. I see the number 50 in there, so it could be another aspect of saving. Maybe Brawl takes up 128 blocks of System Memory and 50 blocks for a save file. :confused:

G Sus117

Smash Rookie
Anyone pick up on the HaVok logo on the back? I knew it was semi-"confirmed" awhile ago, but is this the first its been definitely shown to be the physics engine in Brawl?

Revven

FrankerZ
If it is 128 blocks of Save Data, that's insane. Twilight Princess was only 1 block of Save Data IIRC. I've yet to see a Wii game go higher than 10 blocks. I can't imagine Brawl being 128 block of Save Data when Melee was 11 blocks of Save Data when it was on a 1.5 GB disc (give or take).

If this game is truly dual-layered, then ****, it sure does make a difference in the game Save Data size.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
So, should I be convinced that this game is definitely dual-layered?
I think this is the way things are pointing right now. It makes sense with how much data there is going to be for the game (especially since there are the demos and trophies and stickers etc.)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Stage builder, videos, screenshots and all of the other features are probably included in this "128 blocks of save data."

If this is true, then it's absolutely amazing.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh, and I can't look at all the pages so here is what Im talking about. . .
http://i31.tinypic.com/2rw84g9.jpg Sora's logo.

And if Brawl IS duel layered you know that that means. . .Nya has been right about EVERYTHING and the 35 roster is bumped up abit more in likely hood.
But thats IF it's duel layered. . . IDK how you can tell but that a. . .lot of. . .blokes. . .

Top Bottom