• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Video's would have been awesome... oh well, we at least get some good hard info on different people

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to hear Dedede has his Japanese anime voice. His English one was pretty awful. I am equally glad to know that DK's Final Smash has some potential, so that it can be used effectively in battle. Overall, I think this is pretty good information.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I am incredibly pleased with the amount of info thats coming out. Then again i am angry at myslef for fanatically ruining what looks to be the greatest game ever for myself. I can't help it, i am just way too excited and all this isn't helping. This is gonna be the longest 4 weeks ever.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I am incredibly pleased with the amount of info thats coming out. Then again i am angry at myslef for fanatically ruining what looks to be the greatest game ever for myself. I can't help it, i am just way too excited and all this isn't helping. This is gonna be the longest 4 weeks ever.
How are you ruining it?

I knew the full roster of Melee weeks before I was able to play the game. It still is my favorite game ever and I've played it without getting bored for 6 years.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
I found one bit of contradiction:

You say Dark Samus is the phazon suit (from Metroid prime) but Dark Samus' visor isn't red, it's blue. Also, later you list Samus' alt costumes, and "Phazon suit" wasn't there.

I'm a Dark Samus hopefuly, BTW, so this info is important to me :p

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
I found one bit of contradiction:

You say Dark Samus is the phazon suit (from Metroid prime) but Dark Samus' visor isn't red, it's blue. Also, later you list Samus' alt costumes, and "Phazon suit" wasn't there.

I'm a Dark Samus hopefuly, BTW, so this info is important to me :p
i'm pretty sure he means the dark suit from the first Metroid Prime. It was the suit that was black and light grayish, and had a red visor.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
So stamina is useless?Im 50/50 for that.On one hand,I can main Charizard.On te other hand,the Sheik nightmare returns.
Good info!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i read all the ike impressions but the one important thing i want to know is where his SAF are and were they a help in matches],SAF could play a big role in ikes game

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
So stamina is useless?Im 50/50 for that.On one hand,I can main Charizard.On te other hand,the Sheik nightmare returns.
Good info!
All the source said was he didn't notice anything hugely negative about it. The effect could be minimal, it could increase over time, or it just might have been left out of the demo. It's really not certain at this point.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Omfg nicce dude. I'll definitly try out PT b&w

Did you know what all the other alt colours for PT were? and pickachu's too?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Good info!
The Sheik nightmare had nothing to do with the ability to stay as one character indefinitely. It had to do with Sakurai's inability to actually work with the concept of making the two halves depend on one another. ( To his defense, he was short on time, I guess. )
The question is whether he'll want to make the Pokemon depend on one another, or make them all capable fighters in their own right. Considering the humongous switch time, it's unlikely that he really wants us to switch in the middle of a duel, so... things look good.

So really, Stamina seems to just be a cute touch for the casual players and a nuisance for any competitive player.

I got an idea about stamina, by the way.
In a way, characters have always had stamina, right? If you use a move too much, it starts dealing less damage. Maybe switching between Pokemon too much will make the damage capability fall for the following Pokemon as well... and if you keep playing with one for too long, it keeps sinking even lower? Or something like that!
It would explain why nobody noticed it... it's rather subtle and it was impossible to compare the damage that was done by an attack.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I got an idea about stamina, by the way.
In a way, characters have always had stamina, right? If you use a move too much, it starts dealing less damage. Maybe switching between Pokemon too much will make the damage capability fall for the following Pokemon as well... and if you keep playing with one for too long, it keeps sinking even lower? Or something like that!
It would explain why nobody noticed it... it's rather subtle and it was impossible to compare the damage that was done by an attack.
That makes a lot of sense. You're probably right, but I guess w/e the "stamina" thing is, some one'll figure it out when the game comes out.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
And the opponent gets roughly 2 seconds to charge a smash. :p

Or... something similar.

"Squirtle-"
"Falcoooon-"
"I choose you!"
"Paaaaawwwnch!"
WHOMP.
"...sowwy."
In theory you can use it the other way too. They start charging a special, smash, etc, and you switch Pokemon. How long does it take to begin the switch once initiated?

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
I read in another thread that E. Gadd was confirmed as an AT at Whobbey. Any confirmation here?

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
according to the commercial, you may be able to attack straight out of the Pokeball, so maybe you can hit them before they hit you

I have a question. Are there any reports of people playing against the CPU? I remember hearing that the Level 9s still suck. Is it known if they still spam attacks, rush for certain items (Pokeballs, ATs, Hammers, etc.)? I would hope they'd at least make them better about not doing that.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Ok,thanks.So what about the Ashley situation?Is it true?
Ashley was confirmed to appear in the background for Wario's stage. It doesn't TOTALLY deconfirm her, but it might as well. Anyone hoping for a Warioware character (myself included) is expecting either Mona or no one else at this point. (Although Kat and Ana as IC clones would be cool.)

Top Bottom