• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
First post updated. If you want to see the Whobby08 info, there it is. :)
WeeklyJumpMan, if you can check out the 2CH threads, there might be new info there. I have to pack now so I'll be back later. I just came to update the OP with ITP's info

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I hope Dedede doesn't become the new Melee Bowser. Although, if he does, I call being the Gimpyfish of King Dedede!

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Surely that character selection screen has only been knocked-up for the purpose of the demo, right? I mean it looks as though it can only handle a few more character (I worked it out as 23 plus the "random" icon, which, minus ZSS, is the number of characters we currently have on the Dojo).

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Thats not being sarcastic correct?
No, I was sincere. If you would have posted that as an image, my site draws 41.2KB of bandwidth everytime this page is loaded with that image on it. By posting that link, it saves me on bandwidth for what it's worth.

Speaking of Brawl Central, how come all the updates have stopped? Are there no more impressions to translate?
None of the other translators are online now, but I just woke u. I guess I'll look at the 2chan threads some more, but it seemd like new info was dying on there towards the end last night.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
First post updated. If you want to see the Whobby08 info, there it is. :)
WeeklyJumpMan, if you can check out the 2CH threads, there might be new info there. I have to pack now so I'll be back later. I just came to update the OP with ITP's info
I took a look at the 2CH threads as well some of the other fansites, but I can't find anything besides old stuff and speculation... If you find anything that looks to be possibly interesting, let me know and I'll translate it.

On a side note, you've got great compilation skills.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
very interesting. I wonder why he said that charizard was the best pokemon? wouldnt they make them good in their own way?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doesn't mean one can't be best.
Everyone would use the best and the other 2 wouldnt be of much use. All of them should be balanced.

Im not sure what to think from allthis information, I think Ill have to make my own opinion once the game is out :S

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Everyone would use the best and the other 2 wouldnt be of much use. All of them should be balanced.

Im not sure what to think from allthis information, I think Ill have to make my own opinion once the game is out :S
While the 3 pokemon were all meant to be used, it's impossible for all three of them to be balanced. As long as they are different, one would end up being better than the others. Even if all three were amazing, one would still be the best.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Iwata and Sakurai interview to come, according to somoeone on 2chan? They said it was on wii.com, but I looked and didn't find anything.

WeeklyJumpman, can you translate post #81?

mlp3

Smash Rookie
I'm still waiting to see if there will be some better vids of Ike playing.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Wow, thanks for all the great info I.T.P., especially the stuff about Ike and PT.

Looks like Ike will be able to handle himself in one-on-ones, afterall. :)

GinRei

Smash Apprentice

Isn't that why the Pokemon Trainer has that endurance / fatique thing per Pokemon, so that you can't JUST use one?

Mars Frog

Smash Rookie
Hmm... So Dedede's inhale move isn't that great eh? Bummer... I was kinda hoping it would send fools flying across the stage... Ah well, at least spamming waddle dees sounds fun. :p

And what's this about Ike being tweaked? Is he less slower or something?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Hmm... So Dedede's inhale move isn't that great eh? Bummer... I was kinda hoping it would send fools flying across the stage... Ah well, at least spamming waddle dees sounds fun. :p

And what's this about Ike being tweaked? Is he less slower or something?
Ike's still slow but far less thanks to no "invisi-lag" in his moves, the main reason Gimpy said he sucked previously. And yeah, Ike's still like the strongest guy in the game from what I understand so...tweaked for the better. :laugh:

Mars Frog

Smash Rookie
Ike's still slow but far less thanks to no "invisi-lag" in his moves, the main reason Gimpy said he sucked previously. And yeah, Ike's still like the strongest guy in the game from what I understand so...tweaked for the better. :laugh:
Oooooh, nice, very nice. :) Thanks. Can't wait to try him.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
If Ike IS infact a slow ticking time bomb of power, I might use him. He'll remind me of Melee Ganondorf (who is not returning :() He's being replaced by Brawl Ganondorf XD

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Oooh, I really hope we'll be able to main a single Pokemon. That would be sweet. :D

What ITP didn't mention though, was if the Pokemon share percents or not. Does anybody know?

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
YESS!!! My main is "TOO POWERFUL!" How sweet is that?

Any pics or vids yet? Please say yes, I lost a lot of sleep in anticipation last night.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Oooh, I really hope we'll be able to main a single Pokemon. That would be sweet. :D

What ITP didn't mention though, was if the Pokemon share percents or not. Does anybody know?
I think it was confirmed a while ago that they share percentage. Otherwise, they'd be broken in this regard.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
A lot of those claims of being too pwerful came after they were discussing Ike's ability to KO Kirby and MK at 35%. I'm not sure, but perhaps they were just talking about that move. (Charged Side Special)

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about the PT. What if Ivysaur is badly hurt, like with 112 damage? Can he transform into Charizard and gain full health back? Or do they all share the same damage meter?

Top Bottom