• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
yes, it's definately longer than that...

my idea was building an FAQ skeleton, with as much pre-release Data as I can get, and then on the smashfest from the 23-27(in which I'll be playing the full version, and unlocking most of the important stuff) I'll fill it with info and submit it.
oh right, well then in that case i think its a great idea! i say go for it, for sure

Fawriel

Smash Master
Argh. Fast-moving thread.

So... Squirtle was just fast and nothing else, eh? I guess you really have to depend on the other Pokemon as well... or maybe he develops Sheik syndrome and has a few overpowered AND fast moves, or at least decent and fast. If you managed to kill with his fsmash, that seems possible, right?
If the lag between switching is really that great, every Pokemon should be able to hold their own without help... within three seconds, any opponent could just stand there and wait for the next Pokeball to come while charging a smash. That's bad. That's very bad.

So, Ivysaur attacks with his body.... curses. So, apart from his up-b, and maybe his grab, he's not quite the range-monster that we expected him to be, is he?
What was his movement speed on the ground, or in the air? If he uses tackles for most of his A moves, it could be quite cool... he'd look like a raging ox on the battlefield. =D

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Hm, the pokemon change sounds really lame.

The PT should call the current pokemon back while simultaneously throw the new pokeball (~1.5 sec)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Argh. Fast-moving thread.

So... Squirtle was just fast and nothing else, eh? I guess you really have to depend on the other Pokemon as well... or maybe he develops Sheik syndrome and has a few overpowered AND fast moves, or at least decent and fast. If you managed to kill with his fsmash, that seems possible, right?
If the lag between switching is really that great, every Pokemon should be able to hold their own without help... within three seconds, any opponent could just stand there and wait for the next Pokeball to come while charging a smash. That's bad. That's very bad.

So, Ivysaur attacks with his body.... curses. So, apart from his up-b, and maybe his grab, he's not quite the range-monster that we expected him to be, is he?
What was his movement speed on the ground, or in the air? If he uses tackles for most of his A moves, it could be quite cool... he'd look like a raging ox on the battlefield. =D
I don't remember enough Ivysaur to answer that.

I wonder if sakurai hasn't ment for us to delay the opponent by pushing him away or killing him, and then swtiching pokemon, like Samus' charge when KOing strat.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't remember enough Ivysaur to answer that.

I wonder if sakurai hasn't ment for us to delay the opponent by pushing him away or killing him, and then swtiching pokemon, like Samus' charge when KOing strat.
Of course, that only makes sense if all three Pokemon can hold their own in a battle. Let's hope it is so. As long as this ominous "stamina" is lenient enough to allow a Pokemon to last about a whole stock, and they aren't dependent on one another, maining PT should be cake. Very delicious cake.

what do you guys think about no missle cancel
I think it's okay by itself and bull**** when considering that Peach can float cancel.

espio87

Smash Ace
1)can you remember if Ike's forward+B could only be used once in the air like ganon/falcon's forward+B or it could be used more than once like Luigi's forward+B?
2)did any other attack animation of kirby change from melee to brawl?

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I seen these questions answered so....

1: Out of the characters you played how was thier roll? As in distance and invincibility frames. Also sidesteps, if you remember of course.

2: If the homerun bat was an item did you see what DDD's or one of PT pokemon's animations were when they used it.

Thanks for all this awesome info that you've given us!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I don't remember that, sorry :(, I think you only see the pokemon he chose coming out of his ball, cause appearances are zoomed on, you won't see the Trainer anyway...

Btw, who does the brawlcentral updates, and why aren't updates attributed and credited to the posting users? this is very annoying to see info I posted turn into his "updates" without any credit or anything.

Edit: I remember rolling with peach, don't remember anything special or diffrent about it.

squirtles water gun should actually be a pretty good move, one of his best, if only I landed it to see the effects :p, why did I play my PT match in Onett FFS? why???

Homerun bat was there, Only saw it once, Didn't get to use with with PT or DDD.

on the other hand, I got to see Ivy's Beam sword Fsmash, he plays with it with his legs, Like pikachu, pretty cute actually.

yes, Ikes Forward B can only be used once in the air, but It's chargable and goes a long way, so It's still great...

I'm not sure about kirby's animations , sorry.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I think he just runs on the stage and does a random taunt/tease thing, like they do at the beginning of a match in PBR.

Sagem

Smash Rookie
Where did PT stand during your Onett match. Also, did he follow the pokemon as they moved or was he just standing on the same place during the match?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Where did PT stand during your Onett match. Also, did he follow the pokemon as they moved or was he just standing on the same place during the match?
I don't think I cared much where he's standing, probably somewhere near the building in the background. sorry I didn't really note that.

I did note he's standing right next to you on the bridge of eldin, and he does move around a bit there.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I should have asked this earlier, but it doesn't stop making me wonder: What IS Squirtle's fsmash? And was it fast, like, say, Fox's fsmash? If it was anything like that, hell, I could live with that.
Also, if it's a tail attack, you owe me a Mars bar. Just because.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I don't remember the exact animation, but I remember It's a punch thing, not really a tail strike. and It's pretty fast, but immobile.

Edit: Note japan has no mars bars, only snickers... no twixes as well at that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't remember the exact animation, but I remember It's a punch thing, not really a tail strike. and It's pretty fast, but immobile.

Edit: Note japan has no mars bars, only snickers... no twixes as well at that.
A punch, eh? The one guy who's even less made for punching than Charizard. Oh well, works for me. :p

What, no Mars bar? What is this trickery?

It didn't go very far, and seemed pretty useless. never actually hit with it, sorry.
Later in Japan:
"Sakurai-sama, the Razor Leaf is too weak!"
"Kusou!"

A while later in the forums:
"ivysaur is so cheap his >B is the new spin attack"
"word"

One can dream, right?

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember that, sorry :(, I think you only see the pokemon he chose coming out of his ball, cause appearances are zoomed on, you won't see the Trainer anyway...

Btw, who does the brawlcentral updates, and why aren't updates attributed and credited to the posting users? this is very annoying to see info I posted turn into his "updates" without any credit or anything.

Edit: I remember rolling with peach, don't remember anything special or diffrent about it.

squirtles water gun should actually be a pretty good move, one of his best, if only I landed it to see the effects :p, why did I play my PT match in Onett FFS? why???

Homerun bat was there, Only saw it once, Didn't get to use with with PT or DDD.

on the other hand, I got to see Ivy's Beam sword Fsmash, he plays with it with his legs, Like pikachu, pretty cute actually.

yes, Ikes Forward B can only be used once in the air, but It's chargable and goes a long way, so It's still great...

I'm not sure about kirby's animations , sorry.
Who's Ivy?

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I
Chi's Finest on these boards. Give him a PM :)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Ivy is Ivysaur. Hmmm, I was really looking forward to that move. Oh well... so much for that. ^_^
Like I said, I only played one match.

People, take my words with a grain of salt, I haven't seen enough to put the gilliotine on anything, and my memory isn't that good about some animations, especially things I regarded as unimportant at that moment. I can promise you to be much more detailed when I play the actual game on the 23rd.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I would have translated for your topic, ShortFuse, but I can see that Brawl Central already has a ton of stuff... and we have some members who were actually at the event.

Plus, the game comes out so soon, I'd pretty much just be wasting time...

If Ashley, Jimmy, and 9-volt are truly out, let's hope Mona makes it in!!
Could somebody please describe their appearances and what they do in greater detail?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Like I said to the guy who PMed me, they're basically cameos shown during the minigames, I hadn't considered it a deconfirmation so much so I didn't pay many attention to their details.

Edit, torchick, check my original post on page 135, that's where most of my info is.

and like i said, the nintendo area had a strict no cameras policy, and they had like 30 or more staffmen(I'm not joking) I snuck a photo of the character select screen, if you guys want I can upload that. no "news" about it though.

Edit: with that, I'm out. I'll compile answers for any questions posted after this Edit and post it when I get back to the computer, whenever that'll be :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
short for the middle aged pokemon we all know and love :p
Middle aged.

Does anyone else get an image of a sexually frustrated Ivysaur sitting on a couch with a 5 o'clock shadow in his face and a beer in his hand?

Anyway, do that! You may get some well-deserved rest now.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
short for the middle aged pokemon we all know and love :p
Now I'm even more confused. Ivysaur's final smash is a beam sword or did you mean solar beam? Or did you mean something else when you said Fsmash? (Some of my terminology knowledge sucks, forgive me for that).

Top Bottom