• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Advanced Techniques are confirmed and disconfirmed are in one of my threads. check my signature.
i'm on the car ride back. i'm going to rock band a bit and then get back translating stuff. my 30mbit connection at home isn't close to the 150kbit one i've had the past week

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm posting this and answering while reading pages 147+, so bear with me.

Question for when you return I.T.P . How did squirtle's side b feel (individually and compared to yoshi's egg roll)? Also has Peach's float time changed?
It's a weird crossover thing, It was pretty fast and controllable, and has good damage and knockback(upwards IIRC), but It's short, and not that Exciting. and predictable as well.

haven't checked Peach's float time, sorry.

Btw, I don't remember a Black charizard, but I do remember a Brown one, could that be it? it was very cool looking.

Ivysaur's changes had diffrent shades of body colour, and completely diffrent flower colours.

I don't Remember the exact colours he had, but all of them rocked if you take my word for it. and the character select screen representation shows you all 3 pokemon and the trainer.

yes, DJC is in. yes the spider pokemon I mentioned is metagross, I haven't played anything past Generation 2 other than Pokemon Pinball R&S, so I wouldn't know him.

I'm not sure how Ivysaur holds stuff, I don't exactly remember, I remember him playing with Items he was using with his legs, which was cute...

I only have a picture of the roster, If you want it tell me.

there were more than 4 colours for each character, but I didn't write them down. I played with Daisy and Blue peach(new blue, it owns), I played with Teal Ike, I played Black Samus(phazon suit) and Wolf-like Fox, I played Green Kirby, I don't remember the exact PT colour I played(sorry Y'all ) only that It was the last one and very cool. Zamus was brownish, pretty cool.

Actually I did nail someone with a Fully charged eruption, the range on that is much bigger than before, and It comes out pretty fast. great move.

THIS WAS A DEMO, why would a CD be in a demo? when you reset the game, the title screen goes straight to the character selection screen, this isn't confirmed as the starting roster or anything like that...

Yes, I said Dark coloured samus, not Dark samus the character, I wouldn't mind her myself :p dark coloured samus looks like the phazon suit from MP1.

I don't know how Ivy's grabs work, Sorry.

not 100% sure about the L-Canceling, but I think that method is in. yes.

I'm not sure about what name the announcer calls, but the name that's actually written is the one of the last pokemon used. and he's showed with the trainer.

NEW INFO from Kei Takagi, Peach's Utilt is new, It's a heart shaped thing and very strong.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
OMG, we have been so ******** trying to filter out 2CH pages. Somebody does a summary of all the posts, meaning there's asite with pre-filtered content. ::facepalm::

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your answer I.T.P but i'm pretty sure it's Peach's up smash that changed. You might want to double check that :)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
thanks ITP, i'll update accordingly. i need somebody to help me translate, please. the first post has the link.

it's a summary of 2ch's information on WHobby08

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I have no way of doublechecking info from another player, and he says tilt so I believe him, he's one of the best players in Japan.

Here's the picture BTW, It's huge. Probably Page stretching.

*snip*
lol at the sticker at the bottom right.
btw, i'm using that pic on the first post

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok just making sure. Great quality photo BTW O.o
Another question there seems to be a lack of wario impressions. Did you happen to find anything interesting about him?

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
hey ITP, do you happen to remember anything else about ivysaurs basic A moves? like did he use headbutts or leaf slashes? i was just wondering that, ty.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ITP hows ike SAF implemented or actually any SAF and do they help at all in playing a heavy character

wo wo wo wo wo wait i thought l-caceling was out someone fill me in please

I.T.P

Smash Ace
XD, I didn't even notice that :p Chi should Take off "Photography was Allowed" from the brawlcentral blog, it gets hopes up...

yeah, it's an 8.1 HDTV camera... I also have a pic of the banner on top of the nintendo area(reads SSBX in ***) and a pic of the exhibition area. this thing had millions of people in it, Booths for all big companies, and 8 brawl TVs,and they still had an hour + between each turn(1 turn = 2 matches). not to mention the line at the entrance *shudder*

the whole thing was in Kyocera Dome, which is actually a Baseball indoors Stadium, converted for the cause

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
From 2Ch Summary:

"According to the staff, who have been exhibited smap bra version of the product is infinitely closer to trial and that it is smap X bra narration to explain (?), "The production version will have more character," it said,
This is more than the initial character, and you think?"

Also there's something else on the summary page (but i can't translate well) that seem to say it'll have more than 16 characters for starting roster. this would disconfirm a lot of prophets

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol @ the corner of that pic of the Demo's Character select, with the "NO CAMERA" Symbols.
-DD

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm a smash pro and consider myself in the top players of the world(got 13th twice in a row in Japanese tournies, I get 2nd in israel) and I've never heard of a term called SAF, please elaborate?

also, L-canceling is automatic if you fast fall before the aerial, I'm not 100% sure that's still in, but I'm almost sure that it is. hard to tell, that's why I'm not certain.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
By SAF they mean the Super Armor Frames...ya know, the little non-flinching status they describe in the Aether description on the Dojo.
Oh, that. yeah I know the term Super Armor, didn't know it had an abbreviation...

I didn't really notice much of that, sorry. one 2 mins time match doesn't say much. I'll have much better impressions in 9 days and 10-12 hours. so bear with it :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
From the impressions blog, post 470:
* Ivysaur's jumps were quick but small.
* Charizard didn't fare so well in FFA; he requires practice.
* Squirtle's Withdraw attack was quick but "self-destructive." (Not quite sure what that one means.

Post 519:
* The range of the Beam Sword was "longer than imagined."

Post 527:
* Dragoon was reconfirmed, but the user missed the shot.
* Sounds like the screen goes a little askew when Dragoon is put into play.

Top Bottom