• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Question about water gun, is it more like a stream of water or is it similar to the individual water blasts that melee blastoise shoots out? Also when you said it was similar to samus' charged beam, did you mean it was charged the same way or is it more like link's bow? Thx I.T.P :)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Stream of water. charged like samus's beam. I remember you can stop and keep the charge, probably even walk around with full charge.

seems to be a good edge guard technique, but I didn't hit with it to see how powerful the effects are.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Most of the stuff has already been reported but I had a Midna AT while I was there, she had those little Twilight things form around her and then she shot her hair at the nearest player grabbing them, it was pretty cool because I then launched my FS while they were grabbed by her XD (I was Link BTW).

But everything else seems to have been reported anyway... meh, only had one game there so I dont think I could have said much anyway.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Most of the stuff has already been reported but I had a Midna AT while I was there, she had those little Twilight things form around her and then she shot her hair at the nearest player grabbing them, it was pretty cool because I then launched my FS while they were grabbed by her XD (I was Link BTW).

But everything else seems to have been reported anyway... meh, only had one game there so I dont think I could have said much anyway.
Huh? Midna's an AT? Oh well. Better than being a part of the Bridge of Eldin stage...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Also, i'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty certain you can now catch Items by airdodging on them, without actually having to press A.
What? That would really annoy me. I don't want to always catch the items when I want to dodge them. I really hope it isn't like that >_> and that you have to press a/z or whatever...

Fawriel

Smash Master
A Midna AT?
You did NOT just say that.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman

you're kidding, right?
an AT seriously, its hard to believe you. That would damage the whole wolf link idea if its the truth. and maybe the twilight change idea thas been going around.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
you're kidding, right?
an AT seriously, its hard to believe you. That would damage the whole wolf link idea if its the truth. and maybe the twilight change idea thas been going around.
Zelda would NOT transform into Midna. They're different people. It's like Link having a transformation to turn into the Happy Mask Salesman.

I doubt the story of that whole Midna thing. It doesn't sound true and you'd think someone on 2chan would have mentioned Midna being an AT especially when she manages to grab Link right out of his Final Smash.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, people actually expected Midna to be a main character? They've never used a supporting one-time character as a playable before. They might BASE a character on a specific appearance but I really doubt they'd put in Midna who has only been in one game at all.

As an assist trophy, though, it seems absolutely the most logical place for her since she's more important than just making her a stage hazard or trophy.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
No Midna grabbed someone and then I used my FS. But there might still be a chance for Wolf Link... except not as much without Midna.

Fawriel

Smash Master
To be honest, people actually expected Midna to be a main character? They've never used a supporting one-time character as a playable before. They might BASE a character on a specific appearance but I really doubt they'd put in Midna who has only been in one game at all.

As an assist trophy, though, it seems absolutely the most logical place for her since she's more important than just making her a stage hazard or trophy.
Midna is important enough to warrant a playable role. Hell, that one role in TP makes her more important than Falco's numerous appearances in his series do. Which is totally not a biased opinion.
But that's not the point.
The point is that motsalogeL is on drugs.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
motsalogeL, I'd actually be quite happy to know Midna is not playable, but are you actually telling the truth or just trying to make people angry? I've noticed you do that quite often (no offense).

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman

Sheik is probably the only one time character that has that oppurtunity to appear. Its basically becuase she is Zelda in hiding and it uniqe to have a character two in one. Besides i hoping it was the truth so i wipe off some character speculation oh well at least there no more ashley speculation. I' ll just have to wait til 24th my initial plans.

anyways i want to hear more information about pokemon trainer as to what kind of stanama limit PT's pokemon have is it around 150% or 100% or is it higher, how bad can the pokemon be damaged individually?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I think we would've heard about midna being seen, I didn't see her, nor did I see any foreigners there other than myself and one more guy, which I've asked if he was on smashboards and he said no.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Sheik is probably the only one time character that has that oppurtunity to appear. Its basically becuase she is Zelda in hiding and it uniqe to have a character two in one. Besides i hoping it was the truth so i wipe off some character speculation oh well at least there no more ashley speculation. I' ll just have to wait til 24th my initial plans.

anyways i want to hear more information about pokemon trainer as to what kind of stanama limit PT's pokemon have is it around 150% or 100% or is it higher, how bad can the pokemon be damaged individually?
I don't really understand the question. PT's 3 pokemon share one damage meter and are the same as any other character, if there's a special stamina effect to make you change them, I didn't notice It.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Me thinks motsalogeL is just trying to rile people up. Look at how he is spaming the Megaman thread with "W(8FOHeoBIT%_)" stuff. . .

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm putting the Midna thing up but needing confirmation. ITP you can always ask motsa questions that only he could know the answer to, if he was in fact at WHobby08

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand the question. PT's 3 pokemon share one damage meter and are the same as any other character, if there's a special stamina effect to make you change them, I didn't notice It.
They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.
i was actually refering to this quote on the dojo, but i guess its not as noticible as i thought. So i won't have to worry about it as much when i use him.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Don't you think it's about time to take down Tingle and Raiden? Literally no one else has reported them besides that one random guy on GameFaqs. I mean, technically anybody can say any character is an assist trophy and you couldn't prove them wrong.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I believe in Midna as AT. It wouldn't make sense as a character. Some other Zelda character would be better as pc than midna. Like Vaati or Skull kid.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I didn't say I don't believe midna is an AT, I just said I don't think he saw her there, or else I would've heard one of the Japanese Pros mention it, there were lots of them, and I was seeing and talking to them while in line...

now that I think about it, maybe that stamina thing is a reference to changing too much? maybe it's supposed to make sure you play a bit before you change? or else you'll suffer some disadvantages?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I believe in Midna as AT. It wouldn't make sense as a character. Some other Zelda character would be better as pc than midna. Like Vaati or Skull kid.
Well, I personally don't care if you think Midna should be a at or not. . . what we should be asking is if we are really going to trust that spaming D-bag.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
I would love that very much. Who knows at this point anyways?

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I have not heard of any Zelda AT's since tingle. There has to be more than just him so Minda is being tageted next, she desereve at least this for having support from people.

oh great mostagel, you had to go and discredit yourself. oh well

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Birdo is there on the Challanges screen. It's strange. I don't think that information is true. What is she? Stafy is a Challenge and we KNOW Stafy is an Assist Trophy. Maybe Birdo was never at Jump Festa and the guy was lying but the Challenges update probably means she's in.

Top Bottom