• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I think the site says that you can start at Zamus if you press all buttons, look at the translation:

Google said:
KURAKON押せるthat it is pressing all the buttons, but also will start at zero suit

Fawriel

Smash Master
In before "I totally knew Legolastom was just ****ing around"!

I think the site says that you can start at Zamus if you press all buttons, look at the translation:
If that's true........ the beginning of some matches will look hilarious when someone's using the Gamecube controller.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Legolastom this is the only warning I'm going to give you. No more leetspeak.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I greatfully appreciate this information. i'm so glad i got a denerfed kirby. im sure kirby fans everywhere loves it. Final Cutter at the near edge of the level when enemy is trying to recover is an awesome move... people hate it...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I greatfully appreciate this information. i'm so glad i got a denerfed kirby. im sure kirby fans everywhere loves it. Final Slash at the near edge of the level when enemy is trying to recover is an awesome move... people hate it...
That's a bad idea, his final smash has limited range, and people fly upwards from it, If you want to use it the best way is doing it mid air as high up as possible while still having characters in range, the knockback will get them past the KO ceiling, and BOOM HEADSHOT!

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I greatfully appreciate this information. i'm so glad i got a denerfed kirby. im sure kirby fans everywhere loves it. Final Slash at the near edge of the level when enemy is trying to recover is an awesome move... people hate it...
Here's one who hates it.

Super smash bros brawloken

:034:

Smash Hero
To be honest, people actually expected Midna to be a main character? They've never used a supporting one-time character as a playable before.
Shiek.

Good thing Midna isn't confirmed as an AT yet... She's really one of my most-wanted. I don't have actual reasons, I just like her and would love her in.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> I think he was talking about when you use B^ after you run out of jumps to make that final edge grab.
Besides, you can always DI onto the stage if you have to :p.
-DD

Black/Light

Smash Master
Even though I'm a Zelda fan, I'd hate it if Midna was a PC. She barely deserves to be an AT.
Well, Im a Mario fan but wouldn't care for Geno being a PC. . .barely AT level IMO :ohwell:

And did anyone see Char run? Does he run like a T-Rex or like Bowser? And is he slow? I have heard 2 impressions. . .one calling him mid speed and the other calling him slow.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Well, Im a Mario fan but wouldn't care for Geno being a PC. . .barely AT level IMO :ohwell:

And did anyone see Char run? Does he run like a T-Rex or like Bowser? And is he slow? I have heard 2 impressions. . .one calling him mid speed and the other calling him slow.
i think if you look at the commercials in the gamplay video thread he appears to move as slow as bowser but slighly faster. Basically i judging by how he walks.
i hoping his dash is something simalar to mewtwo where he sort of floats above ground except flapping his wings as he dashes.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Read the last three pages its not comfirmed. besides any thread that supported minda would have been upin flames if it ever is comfirmed. we'll probably see a lot of these flames next week i don't thoink i'll be in character discussion fo a while on the 24th but it funnier when sakurai actually takes the time to decomfirm them on the dojo.

Black/Light

Smash Master
i think if you look at the commercials in the gamplay video thread he appears to move as slow as bowser but slighly faster. Basically i judging by how he walks.
i hoping his dash is something simalar to mewtwo where he sort of floats above ground except flapping his wings as he dashes.
Well, that was just walking. . .and oddly enuff they all walked at the same speed.:ohwell:

I just want some more impressions. . . the 2 I can read condict each other in regards to his speed and neither talks about how he runs.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Sakurai just needs to do a GIANT Assist Trophy update of like 10 of them. (Although, they're prolly JumpFesta and Whobby ATs, but still)

But hopefully, we'll have another new character this week (OR SHEIK).

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

No need to spam and make a completely off-topic dig at a character. It's no different than coming into this thread and saying "Ridley for Brawl" or "Paper Mario Sucks"

Yea, I'd like to see a massive AT update. It would answer a lot of questions.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I believe you've pretty much summed up MetaKnight's movement.
I think that Charizard should run, however still flap his wings. Him moving faster than Bowser would make more sense if he did so whilst flapping his wings as a means of propulsion. I don't think it would matter if he's the same speed as Bowser anyways because Bowser actually boasts quite a bit of speed over his former, Melee, counterpart.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I never understood how Bowser dashed in Melee...
Is he even moving his legs? Or does he have some wheels or something...

Hes just like...bent over and going "Putputputputput!"
>.>...
Thanks for all the info ITP.
-DD

Black/Light

Smash Master
No need to spam and make a completely off-topic dig at a character. It's no different than coming into this thread and saying "Ridley for Brawl" or "Paper Mario Sucks"

Yea, I'd like to see a massive AT update. It would answer a lot of questions.
Umm, IDK if you read it or not but my post was completely on topic and that part directed at you was a side statment to the ontopic thing that no one has answered. . . (or can answer)
I was simply stating my opinion about Geno compared to you claiming you would "hate" for Midna to be a pc.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I know there's some info on performance for Dedede's attacks in the first post, but what about how some of his attacks look? Are they all hammer-based, or does he have some punches or body attacks? Does he share a lot of A attacks with the Ice Climbers because of a similar weapon, or did they manage to give him a lot of different attacks?

Any specific motions you can remember for certain moves? I guess F-Smash is Ice Climber-like, the massive downswing smashing the ground, but thats about the only move we've actually seen Dedede use on Dojo or in the commercials...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I know there's some info on performance for Dedede's attacks in the first post, but what about how some of his attacks look? Are they all hammer-based, or does he have some punches or body attacks? Does he share a lot of A attacks with the Ice Climbers because of a similar weapon, or did they manage to give him a lot of different attacks?

Any specific motions you can remember for certain moves? I guess F-Smash is Ice Climber-like, the massive downswing smashing the ground, but thats about the only move we've actually seen Dedede use on Dojo or in the commercials...
I don't remember enough to describe that well, sorry. but I do remember most attacks using the hammer, definately so.

I can describe his specials, and his Fsmash, if that is of any help. also he has a jab combo where he puts he hammer forward and twirls it, looks to have lots of range.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
No problem, like you said its not like you have long to study stuff. I was just wondering if any stood out in your memory. That combo sounds nice.

Were they rediculously strict about photos/videos as I heard they were at Festa? Or is there a chance some video footage might surface on Youtube (or the Japanese equiv.) and such?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I heard Muddy Mole from Mole Mania was an Assist Trophy, but he's not on your list.

Oh wait, I see him, but you said he was an "Attack Trophy", not an Assist Trophy.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
No problem, like you said its not like you have long to study stuff. I was just wondering if any stood out in your memory. That combo sounds nice.

Were they rediculously strict about photos/videos as I heard they were at Festa? Or is there a chance some video footage might surface on Youtube (or the Japanese equiv.) and such?
yes they were, check out my picture on the OP post, it even shows the non-camera signs on the screen

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Midna is important enough to warrant a playable role. Hell, that one role in TP makes her more important than Falco's numerous appearances in his series do. Which is totally not a biased opinion.
But that's not the point.
The point is that motsalogeL is on drugs.
Agreed on both counts! (Not surprising, haha.) Midna was arguably the main character of TP, not Link.

I think we would've heard about midna being seen, I didn't see her, nor did I see any foreigners there other than myself and one more guy, which I've asked if he was on smashboards and he said no.
Thanks for the confirmation. ;)

Shiek.

Good thing Midna isn't confirmed as an AT yet... She's really one of my most-wanted. I don't have actual reasons, I just like her and would love her in.
I agree; I would love to see her on the roster!

Sakurai just needs to do a GIANT Assist Trophy update of like 10 of them. (Although, they're prolly JumpFesta and Whobby ATs, but still)

But hopefully, we'll have another new character this week (OR SHEIK).
I would love that update; I want to find out what Duster does!

Actually, ITP: did you see Duster (from MOTHER 3) as an AT while you were there?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Agreed on both counts! (Not surprising, haha.) Midna was arguably the main character of TP, not Link.

Thanks for the confirmation. ;)

I agree; I would love to see her on the roster!

I would love that update; I want to find out what Duster does!

Actually, ITP: did you see Duster (from MOTHER 3) as an AT while you were there?

I don't know what he looks like, but no. I don't remember seeing any ATs I didn't recognize...

that means I didn't see sothe as well, if you catch my drift.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Off of the blog of just 1 person that attended WHF, I translated all of this. The majority of it is Peach analyzing, but he has general character impressions later on. He wrote it in a difficult dialect to translate (kansai-ben), but I tried. I may go looking to see if I can find more on other blogs, because he said, quite often, that "Other people will cover other characters" but I don't have time right now.

"Peach isn't really weakened. Link is strong. Wario seems strong. Masashi-style Fox is weakened. Ike and DK are laughable. So is Charizard ('s tail?). DeDeDe is a power character. Kirby is strengthened. Pikachu is still hanging in there.

[Strong can be interpreted as being a good character, and laughable is a not-so-good character]."

"Peach still has two jumps.
Merits: Her invincibility time when grabing the ledge is really long, but it might not be forever. Her parasol auto-sweetspots?
Demerits: Since everybody in the game fly less horizontally, her recovery is a bit shorter, and the works thing is [not sure about this] she can't use her two jumps to get back on the stage while hanging from the ledge. On top of that, her recovery while coming up from below is quite risky.

Peach's Up-Air seems to have the same distance, but she moves upward a bit when she does it, so you can aim to hit it from lower places than you could in Melee. Her Back-Air seems to be a bit longer.

Her up smash is different from Melee. She now extends her hands up and a heart comes out. Unlike in Melee where only the tips of her hands hit the opponent, the entire heart can hit the enemy. Still unsure if it can be comboed.

Using her up throw on Fox at 0% lets Fox jump out of it higher than Peach is, meaning she cannot chain grab with it.

Her down throw is completely different. Opponents seem to float in front of her after the throw. From 30-40% she'll be able to combo, but I don't think she can combo it at 50-60%.

Her forward throw sends people far, just like in Melee.

Her piston [No clue what Peach's piston is.], Neutral-Air, and Forward-Air are all weaker. Her crown seems to hit a little lower, too.

In the Down-Air to Neutral Air to Down Smash combo, the Neutral Air to Down Smash is difficult to hit. And since the down smash doesn't go as far as it did in Melee, the attack will often miss.

Her 3 taunts are: The one from Melee, one where she brings out a parasol, and one where she dances.

Her neutral B is the same from Melee. Her turnips down fly as far when you throw them, although her turnip game is improved as you can catch items while doing attacks in the air.

When doing her final smash, the game still goes on while zoomed in on her, so there may be a few SDs while she's doing it in a 4 player FFA although it may be some sort of glitch that the game doesn't pause.

It takes a long time for the game to load.

In 4 player FFA, there are 1000 times more random elements in the game.

Random points about characters:
- Link can attack right after doing his clawshot in the air.
- DK's Up throw to the headbutt doesn't connect (it seems like alot of characters cannot combo after their up throws).
- Fox's back air is slow.
- DeDeDe can suck up the Waddle Dees he throws.
- Ike's up air is strong, and his horizontal movement is 6 dots [I think the Japanese may have come up with this "dot" system to express distance in the game, but I dunno what it means].
- Everybody used Charizard when they played PT.
- Wario has great horizontal recovery, his bike is strong, and Warioman is too strong.
- Mario was easy to use.
- Samus's jump almost doesnt even need the bomb jump.
- ZSS = Falcon + Sheik + Whip
- DeDeDe is fast and strong

Characters that still need more time to test: Kirby, Pikachu, and Samus.

Characters that are good in 4 player FFA: DK, DeDeDe, Yoshi, and Ike.

Characters that are still a mystery: Bowser, Metaknight, PT, and ZSS."

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
ITP: If I remember my Mother 3 characters correctly, this is Duster:

Her piston [No clue what Peach's piston is.], Neutral-Air, and Forward-Air are all weaker. Her crown seems to hit a little lower, too.
Piston sounds like her down-air, since she's pumping her feet up and down.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I figured that piston meant her Forward + B.

The writer already referred to Peach's Down Air as her down air, so I don't see any reason to refer to it as her "piston" at a different spot in the same article.

Top Bottom