• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

To Flaming Link: Ike f*cks the brains out of anyone with his massive power...he was ungodly slow at first but they buffed his speed in the current demos..so your accusation on Ike sucking is false...he kinda has the speed of Roy, but he can own everyone with his power.

So your wrong you fail.

I win.
Actually, Ike's buff was only a range increase on his erruption attack, other than that, he is essentially the same power based character we used at E For All. Maybe if you would have read the first page of this topic you wouldn't be flaming him/her. Roy's speed is the same as Marth's (practically). Ike would be broken beyond all recognition if Ike's speed was even similar to Marth's. Not even MetaKnight has two dominate traits, which is necessary to maintain the games balance.

Also, the blatant use of "you fail" in addition to your odious attitude removes all credibility of you being a competent poster.

You've won nothing.

Also, thanks ITP for the information. I hope you had fun playing Brawl, I know I did. ; )

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Actually, Ike's buff was only a range increase on his erruption attack, other than that, he is essentially the same power based character we used at E For All. Maybe if you would have read the first page of this topic you wouldn't be flaming him/her. Roy's speed is the same as Marth's (practically). Ike would be broken beyond all recognition if Ike's speed was even similar to Marth's. Not even MetaKnight has two dominate traits, which is necessary to maintain the games balance.

Also, the blatant use of "you fail" in addition to your odious attitude removes all credibility of you being a competent poster.

You've won nothing.

Also, thanks ITP for the information. I hope you had fun playing Brawl, I know I did. ; )
Thanks, I did. though standing in line between every 2 FFA 2 minute match is not fun :( at least I got to peek at matches and take some notes while doing so.

also, I'm sorry for the Utilt/Usmash confusing with peach, it was data from Kei, and he probably confused them by mistake, the heart seems to be her Usmash. not utilt.

People, please note everything I say in regardance to "Feel" and "Flow" is impressions! do not take my word for granted, in little to no time you'll be playing the game yourselves. Whatever I say about mechanics and Animations and stuff is 100% true unless I stated I am unsure or uncertain about it. not everything is fact, and no one can say IKE IS TOP TIER or DEDEDE IS BOTTOM TIER from smashing for 16 minutes...

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
In response to the posts saying "Ike sucks"

To say that "A character is bad" is a false statement. Bearing such a large statement relies heavily on the individual's knowledge and to a greater extent, knowledge of the game.

As one knows, there is no such thing as 'A bad character'. All characters have good and bad areas. Such a statement is false and extreme. "Ike does not suck" no one does. I have often heard the fact that "Jigglypuff is simply horrible-the worst in all of Melee" but there are those * and I am one of them* who beg to differ.

Jigglypuff, may not have the greatest and most powerful moveset, but she has her good areas.

Ike is not deemed a "lame" character or even "The strongest and most powerful" by a few people's opinions. It can go either way.

You see, he's been playable three times now, and ALL three times have been on a foreign control: the Wii remote.

No one *I don't care if you played all three demos* is fully used to it's scheme. And in two minutes time, very little can be discovered.

Ike simply can't be deemed bad or broken quite yet, the true test will arrive when players have room to experience! to learn, to master the art of this amazing character.

To master all characters in the game.

Sorry to ramble, but I beg to differ. NO character is bad, lame, stupid, or sucks. It's not possible.

What matters when a character is played, is WHO is controlling him/her. It all boils down to the player. It's a choice-a way of mind.

And my path of logic, is to discover the good and great in all characters.

Thanks

LT

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It seems illogical not to put an option for zss to be selectable, think about it, all that time to make her and her moves only to be able to use her after a smash??

I have faith that she will be selectable and I shall main her

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Selectable or Unlockable. Perhaps a special feature *Like in today's update* will allow players the option or allow them a control combo on character select. Who knows? Sakurai is very clever and thoughtful

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
"# King Dedede has the same voice as his anime counterpart. (Japanese voice. Not 4kids voice) "

.... Darn. I hope they get the voice actor from the US show to do his voice for our version if they plan to switch it out. I'm so attached to it. :laugh:

That show was awesome... :(

Teeb147

Smash Legend
hmm, what rumours were there about klonoa?? I'd be ok with him in brawl actually..

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Any wario impressions besides SP's translation? I'm not really interested in him but i'd still like to know something about him. Oh and i forgot to ask this I.T.P; does water gun actually do damage? I just like to get all the details eheh..

I.T.P

Smash Ace
It seems illogical not to put an option for zss to be selectable, think about it, all that time to make her and her moves only to be able to use her after a smash??

I have faith that she will be selectable and I shall main her

I am sorry to say, but sakurai and HAL have proved you wrong.
In KAR, the hydra and Dragoon were too unique Stars, which were only obtainable by collecting their 3 parts in the City trial Mode, according to your logic, why make something tha can't be selectable? make it unlockable!, but no. they were only unlockable for the training mode, which served no real purposse...

for luigitendo, your post is mostly correct, except you got 3 things wrong:
1. Classic controllers were playable in all demos, and weren't very diffrent from the GC controllers, so that argument is invalid.

2. Whether you like it or not, there is a certain amount of "Playability" to each character, and Tiers do exist, It may only come into play when choosing greatly diffrent characters ALA Fox vs bowser, but it does infact effect gameplay, this doesn't change the fact that SSBB seems more balanced than SSBM was, by far.

3. some characters are easier to learn and use, and some are harder. some people might consider a hard character a "bad" character, cause using it effectively is hard. try to take the noob factor into consideration and don't get yourself worked up for nothing, it's not worth it :p

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
In response to the posts saying "Ike sucks"

To say that "A character is bad" is a false statement. Bearing such a large statement relies heavily on the individual's knowledge and to a greater extent, knowledge of the game.

As one knows, there is no such thing as 'A bad character'. All characters have good and bad areas. Such a statement is false and extreme. "Ike does not suck" no one does. I have often heard the fact that "Jigglypuff is simply horrible-the worst in all of Melee" but there are those * and I am one of them* who beg to differ.

Jigglypuff, may not have the greatest and most powerful moveset, but she has her good areas.

Ike is not deemed a "lame" character or even "The strongest and most powerful" by a few people's opinions. It can go either way.

You see, he's been playable three times now, and ALL three times have been on a foreign control: the Wii remote.

No one *I don't care if you played all three demos* is fully used to it's scheme. And in two minutes time, very little can be discovered.

Ike simply can't be deemed bad or broken quite yet, the true test will arrive when players have room to experience! to learn, to master the art of this amazing character.

To master all characters in the game.

Sorry to ramble, but I beg to differ. NO character is bad, lame, stupid, or sucks. It's not possible.

What matters when a character is played, is WHO is controlling him/her. It all boils down to the player. It's a choice-a way of mind.

And my path of logic, is to discover the good and great in all characters.

Thanks

LT
While all characters certainly have their pros and cons, some characters' ratios of pros to cons are much less balanced than others.
Jigglypuff was a bad example because the puff owns. Anyone who says otherwise is a scrub. :)
Fox for example has many GREAT assets and very few bad ones. Mewtwo is the complete opposite.
A "bad character" is one that suffers from more disadvantages against most characters than advantages.
No matter how many good assets a character has, if his/her bad assets outweigh the good or the good assets just don't match up to those of other characters, the character is a bad character, regardless of the skill of the player.
Bowser is very strong and has great weight, but these pros are outweighed by generally crappy mobility, high start up and recovery times on most moves, low combo capacity, and the fact that Bowser gets juggled and gimped easily. Thus Bowser sucks, even though there are pros like Gimpy who can ****. But those guys are very devoted and besides you don't see Bowser winning many tournaments.
Mario is an example of a character who has few flaws really, but just doesn't have the advantages to be considered equal to the giants like Fox and Sheik.
While anyone can win with any character for sure, a character can definitely suck just like one can be amazing. No fighting game is perfectly balanced, especially not Melee.

And anyone who says that Ike sucks is being premature. We don't know nearly enough about the game to determine this. Considering his insane strength as well as any character specific ATs that might be developed for him, Ike may end up being high tier. We definitely can't say yet.
Look at Ice Climbers. They were thought to be crap until people like Chu Dat came along and showed everyone how deadly they could be.
Who says the same won't be true for Ike in the future?

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I am sorry to say, but sakurai and HAL have proved you wrong.
In KAR, the hydra and Dragoon were too unique Stars, which were only obtainable by collecting their 3 parts in the City trial Mode, according to your logic, why make something tha can't be selectable? make it unlockable!, but no. they were only unlockable for the training mode, which served no real purposse...

for luigitendo, your post is mostly correct, except you got 3 things wrong:
1. Classic controllers were playable in all demos, and weren't very diffrent from the GC controllers, so that argument is invalid.

2. Whether you like it or not, there is a certain amount of "Playability" to each character, and Tiers do exist, It may only come into play when choosing greatly diffrent characters ALA Fox vs bowser, but it does infact effect gameplay, this doesn't change the fact that SSBB seems more balanced than SSBM was, by far.

3. some characters are easier to learn and use, and some are harder. some people might consider a hard character a "bad" character, cause using it effectively is hard. try to take the noob factor into consideration and don't get yourself worked up for nothing, it's not worth it :p
Not trying to get hyped up but that is one thing I am growing tired of hearing. "Who's good and who's bad" tiers exist, I never said anything against them. Rather just said that ALL characters can be used and made "Good" no matter their tier!

I assume Jigglypuff was on a low tier, but in the end, I have become quite good with her. Tiers exist, I believe that.

The classic controller, was it available at E4all? I suppose it was, either way, still, a new scheme no matter the similarities. AND your excuse was also invalid for MANY people used the wii remote, there was not a "definite" 2 to 1 ratio of controller use. So, there was a pretty even divide in opinions

noob factor? Whatever that is supposed to mean *Not offended, you'll have to try harder :p* Either way, this post has been coming a long time! basically since october and E4all.

I am just TIRED of hearing who's good and bad. I hate hearing that all the time, and decided to share my long-thought about opinion.

that is all.

Sorry to get worked up, just posting my feelings on the subject at hand

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
and as said above, Two minutes is a VERY short time to "Label a character"

Especially from E4all...the countless "Disappointments" about Pit. When they had 2 minutes, three opponents and some stupid girl shouting in their face to hurry it up. That just doesn't seem like a logical or even fair accusation.

:D

Remember, never judge a book by its cover! :D

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Not trying to get hyped up but that is one thing I am growing tired of hearing. "Who's good and who's bad" tiers exist, I never said anything against them. Rather just said that ALL characters can be used and made "Good" no matter their tier!

I assume Jigglypuff was on a low tier, but in the end, I have become quite good with her. Tiers exist, I believe that.

The classic controller, was it available at E4all? I suppose it was, either way, still, a new scheme no matter the similarities. AND your excuse was also invalid for MANY people used the wii remote, there was not a "definite" 2 to 1 ratio of controller use. So, there was a pretty even divide in opinions

noob factor? Whatever that is supposed to mean *Not offended, you'll have to try harder :p* Either way, this post has been coming a long time! basically since october and E4all.

I am just TIRED of hearing who's good and bad. I hate hearing that all the time, and decided to share my long-thought about opinion.

that is all.

Sorry to get worked up, just posting my feelings on the subject at hand
Noob factor = don't fuss over newbies that post **** without based knowledge, I.E the guy that said "Ike sucks" Is a noob in my opinion.

anyone who has ever played SSB would definately pick the classic controller over the wiimote, the wii-mote is mostly good for newbies/people not good at fighting games/people too used to D pads, that want to make the switch slowly. I'm assuming that E4ALL was the same as Whobby in that when it was your turn to play, you were asked "did you ever play smash?" and "would you like to use a Wii-remote, or classic controller?" they also wiped the controllers and made sure they were working perfectly for each round, so don't under-estimate nintendo.

there were even pamphlets with Dojo arts/screens explaining the main flow of the game and some of the new features...

DanteFox

Smash Champion
oh no, please no more delays... just give us the game already! I feel like some kind of *** with a carrot tied to the front of his head: no matter how fast I run toward the thing, it still eludes me. :(

so, any prediction as to tonight's update? I'm guessing it'll go something like this: "Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit..."

Ugh...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I thought this was coming, there have been talks of a delay for at least a week now. Even retailers have moved the date to March.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
it's not 100% confirmed, there have been many rumors on 2CH that i've continually dismissed but this look more substantial than all the rest.

gameday

Smash Rookie
Agreed. This is all coming (according to the link in the OP), from the Japanese equivalent of a Gamestop employee. Nintendo.co.jp and the Dojo still list 1/24, and even the website that is reporting a Japanese delay is very cautious about it, and says they are treating it as a rumor.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
and as said above, Two minutes is a VERY short time to "Label a character"

Especially from E4all...the countless "Disappointments" about Pit. When they had 2 minutes, three opponents and some stupid girl shouting in their face to hurry it up. That just doesn't seem like a logical or even fair accusation.

:D

Remember, never judge a book by its cover! :D
That wasn't the only place to play Brawl at eforall....right behind it was 2 min 1 v 1 matches. If you were there the first day (in which it opened like 5 hours early) you barely had to wait. In fact a couple times I didn't have to there would be no one behind us so we'd just go again.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
What that actually says is basically

"The availability of brawl is postponed from January 24 to February 7."

That's a direct translation.

EDIT: Apparently this is a store site? Might just be a distribution error. Let me look at the whole article.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think i have to put "MAYBE" in bigger letter since so many people will be quick to see this as 100% confirmed.

Top Bottom