• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
The game comes out in just over a week in Japan. It isn't being delayed. If it was, it would be delayed in November=2 month's notice! :laugh:
XD Thats what Ive been thinking.Shortage for things like that is normal over there.Here except for Cali(bigtime),the rest of the U.S will have plently to go around.Hell,at least in my area I know Ill have it Feb 10 because there isnt really much people in my area that play Smash to begin with.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm actually considering going to whobby in nagoya on the 27th just to play brawl again, cause I won't be getting a hard on copy until march 14th or so. does that make any sense?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
So how do you guys LIKE MY NEW SIGNATURE? LOOK ITS UPDATED AND EVERYTHING! GAHAHAHAHAH!
Seriously, why delay the game a week in Japan? What can you do in ONE week for a game? Print 1000 more copies?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm actually considering going to whobby in nagoya on the 27th just to play brawl again, cause I won't be getting a hard on copy until march 14th or so. does that make any sense?
you're not going to be in japan or don't own a japanese wii?

pratice up on yoru jump-grabs until then :p

DPK4

Smash Rookie
I'm buying my mod chip at this point and the import of this game, I'm sick of waiting for it to happen and It appears sakurai wants at least someone to kill themselves over this game in America, he may get his wish as I've heard a few people talking like that... Way to go murderer...

SAKURAAIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
That is REALLY #@!$@#! special ed!!.Wow...you know what,they can delay it until Xmas 2020 for all I care atm.Ill just go play some other games until they deside its time.3 #@!$#@! delays,give me a damm break.. :embarrass All this #@!$#^$ waiting not really worth it anyhow.All they are trying to do is build up hype for this game.It wont be here in March either,watch and see.Lying pieces of...forget it.

@#$% SMASH BROS!! :mad: :mad:

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
That is REALLY #@!$@#! special ed!!.Wow...you know what,they can delay it until Xmas 2020 for all I care atm.Ill just go play some other games until they deside its time.3 #@!$#@! delays,give me a damm break.. :embarrass All this #@!$#^$ waiting not really worth it anyhow.All they are trying to do is build up hype for this game.It wont be here in March either,watch and see.Lying pieces of...forget it.

@#$% SMASH BROS!! :mad: :mad:

DPK4

Smash Rookie
sorry double post, meanwhile: editing with something meaningful

Stage looks cool.... CHOMP!

Still buying the import though...

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .F***! I knew it! I knew they where going to pull a friggen TP on us and delay it juuuuussst enuff to make me not give a crap about it. (Really, the only reason I got TP on release was cause it was with the Wii's release)

I love smash and I really want brawl but I REFUSE to try to fast forward my day-to-day life till Mar 9th seeing as that is my 20th fringgen birth day and I have a crap load of life to stuff into those 3 months. . .too **** important to speed past every day to reach that release faster.

I have hype for this game but this officially broke the camel's back. I can not wait for my 20th to get my gaming buzz on. In others word, f*** brawl and the site, I will get it when I get it and I don't really care what the site does, Im going to buy SMG/ NMH and Okima. . .brawl is officially sent to the back of my mentil list of things to get in the next few months.

(In other words, the only way Im getting this on release is if I happen to have money after SMG/NMH and OK. I can not stop my gaming THIS long just for brawl in release)

And I don't blame Nintendo cause I don't think they where directly behind this. I blame Sakurai!

With Nintendo they will delay a game 3+ months or some reasonable amount of time one would think they would need to add something big and they do not do it a few weeks before release. It's not their style to delay a game ONE MONTH for US and one WEEK for Japan out of the blue. This aint their way so I say Sakurai is behind it.

Now I have to go to bed mad. . . :urg:
Just venting, don't take ofense to this. I don't need any flames talking about w/e, I will claim down once I wake up. . .

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
The sad part is that it's almost 100% being delayed in Japan just to get more units for launch, but in America, it's either the same, or because of translating.

If its the latter, they could have just hired more translators, and if it's the former, then shame on Nintendo. An entire month?

Either way, a demo would be the proper thing to do. After telling us it'd be out with the Wii at launch, and then it'd be out by holidays 2007, and then by 1/24 and 2/10, now this. To make up for the lies and false promises, a demo is well deserved. Of course, we won't see one. If Japan didn't get one, the chances of the US getting one is pretty low.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick of this, u know what? tomorrow i'm going to put a mod chip to my wii and get de japanese copy and play it... seriously i'm sick of delays... there is no excuses... how is that? Japan got a 1 week delay and US 1 month!????? wtf! i've just pre order yesterday brawl... and now this!?

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
This is absolutely ********. Great so I guess more supposed "prophets" will rear their ugly heads and more topics on the "Final Roster" will be made. I was sure that after this week we'd pretty much have the official entire roster so all those threads would die...but no!!! What the **** goes through Sakurai's mind anyway?!?!? I don't even think a character update tommorrow would make me happy. People say it's just a week.... well I wanted to know the flippin' character roster next week not the week after that! Screw this! If I could I'd just go into a coma for a week so this "delay" never even happened. To think, just earlier today I was laughing at a thread entitled "What would you do if dojo revealed this to be all fake? characters stages everything" suddenly that thread doesn't seem so hilarious anymore.... If these delays keep up we won't have the game until christmas................2010.

(Calms down) okay I'm done ranting. I'm going to bed.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Although I was really looking forward to playing Brawl in a month, I don't think responding with this much anger to the second delay is necessary.
Do any of you remember KotOR II? The game had amazing potential. It had everything, the right developer(s), the right plot, the perfect audience... However, when it was released it fell on its ***. Why? Lucas Arts pressured Oblivion into an early release which resulted in around half the game being cut. Gamers everywhere were disappointed, to say the least. (I know... Its not exactly the same thing...) But you get my point, right?

I think the same could be said about Brawl. If we give Sakurai some more time then the game will be all the better! We might even get a couple of amazing extras out of the deal.

Patience everyone. Its just another month. We've waited about three years for this game. We can wait a little longer.

Courage mes amis!

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
It isnt as bad as Duke Nukem 4....that game was supposed to released in 1997, the game is still in developement and has been renamed Duke Nukem 4ever....its release date is "Whenever it gets done."

Besides, an extra 27 days isnt bad, they just doubled our wait time from 27 to 53.....**** it.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
One second... your just going top have to wait an extra month... it isnt that big a deal, calm the **** down.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It's kind of a big deal when we have LIVES to live. Brawl was going to release at that perfect time just before a vacation and after I had done all I needed to do as far as applications and papers. Now that it's coming out in March, it hits Spring Break when I will be doing job interviews and am well underway on my research project. Not saying that one small guy can affect the release of the game, but ****it: this sucks. Now I have nothing to do for fun until then, because I had seriously planned on Brawl for most of February. This also means less time with the guys to play it before we graduate college, more of a chance I won't have the money to get the game, and the definite "I hate my life" coming from the fact that the Japanese will be enjoying the game for a full month before I have--effectively killing any hype or surprises for the US release.

I understand Europeans have it bad almost all the time, but let us sulk once in a while too.

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
This totally sucks...

I just hope that there is not another delay, at least the Japanese release date was just delayed by one week so soon we'll know the full roster.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
You realize that a delay always affects Europe as well? Yhea so while you have to wait an extra month we have to wait an extra 19, think about it.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Although I was really looking forward to playing Brawl in a month, I don't think responding with this much anger to the second delay is necessary.
Do any of you remember KotOR II? The game had amazing potential. It had everything, the right developer(s), the right plot, the perfect audience... However, when it was released it fell on its ***. Why? Lucas Arts pressured Oblivion into an early release which resulted in around half the game being cut. Gamers everywhere were disappointed, to say the least. (I know... Its not exactly the same thing...) But you get my point, right?

I think the same could be said about Brawl. If we give Sakurai some more time then the game will be all the better! We might even get a couple of amazing extras out of the deal.

Patience everyone. Its just another month. We've waited about three years for this game. We can wait a little longer.

Courage mes amis!
Correction, we've waited almost seven years for this game from the time of Melee. And this is ...ugh, just a nightmare. The end was finally in sight. Our knowledge, barely a week away. Our game, barely a month. Now both totals have been doubled. It's very, very frustrating. I calmed down fairly quickly after the first delay, but this one? I'm not sure.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sakura to most: "This guy needs to calm down."

Im a little scared by how some are reacting... For me, it wasnt the delay that bothered me, but the fact that NyaseNya might just be for real has some horrible implications...

dookieSMASH

Smash Cadet
japan delay message

anyone else notice this?
its a message from ninty in japanese,

Whom it may concern
2008年1月15日 任天堂株式会社 January 15, 2008 Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Wii専用ソフト「大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX」 Wii exclusive soft "X SUMASSHUBURAZAZU large brawl"
発売日延期のお知らせ Announcements release date postponed

日頃は弊社の商品をご愛顧賜りまして、誠にありがとうございます。 Our products are expected to favor the賜りましThank you.

さて、Wii専用ソフト「大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX」は、日本国内の発売予定日を2008年1月24日(木)とし、これを目標に開発してまいりましたが、その完成が遅れましたため、遺憾ながら発売日を1週間延期し、同年1月31日(木)とさせていただくことになりましたのでお知らせします。 Now, only Wii soft "X SUMASSHUBURAZAZU large brawl" is the target date for release in Japan on January 24, 2008 (Thursday), it is our goal to develop the completion遅れましfor example, I regret to postpone the release date a week, the same year, on January 31 (Thursday) and we will certainly let you know.

お待ちいただいているお客様並びに販売店の皆様には、大変ご迷惑をおかけいたすこととなりますが、何卒ご理解賜りたくお願いいたしますと共に心よりお詫び申しあげます。 You wait in your dealership and everyone is very OKAKEITASU We will be with the understanding賜りたくThank you very much for your patience with business interruption.
Wii専用ソフト Wii-only software
「大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX」 発売日: 2008年1月31日(木) "X SUMASSHUBURAZAZU large brawl" release date: January 31, 2008 (Thursday)
以上 At least ,
but seriously **** you:mad:

Tony_

Smash Ace
This is THE most unproessional thing Nintendo has EVER done with a highly anticipated title. TP wasn't as bad as this. As least THAT final delay was acceptable. This isn't. If the only reason why we all have to wait an extra month (not counting Japan) is because of availability, it only shows Nintendo has fallen inline with other corps and only cares about money and nothing else. Public view points are probably the most important in gaming today and with something like Brawl getting delayed twice WHILE in the public view only makes you look like a liar.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sakura to most: "This guy needs to calm down."

Im a little scared by how some are reacting... For me, it wasnt the delay that bothered me, but the fact that NyaseNya might just be for real has some horrible implications...
That is what I fear as well :urg:
Almost 2 years on it all we get is + 10 chars?

Top Bottom