• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
is no one interested in extorting any more info from my memory? :p

Just kidding, I think we finished that. I wonder if I really should go to nagoya on the 27th... I'll consider it.
I'm still interested :( But theres only so much you can gather from 2min FFAs.. You are currently still in japan right?

espio87

Smash Ace
I noticed that not only the japan release date was delayed but also it was delayed in the US to March 9th. :(
is no one interested in extorting any more info from my memory? :p

Just kidding, I think we finished that. I wonder if I really should go to nagoya on the 27th... I'll consider it.
If you do, please try Wario and tell us what you think of him

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
yes, until the 30th. on the 29th I'm going back from Kansai to Tokyo, in favour of my flight on the 30th from Narita airport near tokyo.
Dude, that sucks. See if you can make your plea with some store manager, saying you're leaving the country and won't have it till March.
(talking about obtaining JPN brawl release)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
People! get ahold of yourselves.
The delay hurts, I know, but we must endure. Remember what Alexandre Dumas once said:

Well, I guess not everybody has the ability to endure waiting and delay without becoming upset...
But I recommend you take a look at the Mother 3 community... And consider yourselves lucky...
Mother 3 is different. Wishing no offense to the community, but Mother 3 isn't an asbolute fairytale goldmine for both almost every single Nintendo fan there is and for Nintendo itself, which will bathe in money as fast as it can squirt out copies of Brawl.

You've heard of "Tantalus", right? Being an American Smash Bros fan is kinda what this feels like now. It FEELS like I'll never get to play this game because it keeps scooting out of our way.

And the inequal delay length is just disgusting for Japan and America. I mean, really.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Dude, that sucks. See if you can make your plea with some store manager, saying you're leaving the country and won't have it till March.
(talking about obtaining JPN brawl release)
Nah, I wasn't planning on getting the JP version anyway, I just wanted to play it. I've pre-ordered the US version, and I'm stuck like everyone else. but brawl is worth it, so I'm gulping it down.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I honestly don't care about delay anymore, I wanted it for Christmas to play with people at home, now it doesn't matter.

Plus I have two important mid-terms in February and have just started dating this girl that is really hot and a good girl (which is almost impossible to find today)... so I don't really care.

I will go get Madden between now and then, but the thing is, I haven't been playing much video games anyways. I hope that Sakurai adds Megaman or does something great for the delay though.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
So there's been a lot of arguing, debating, and complaints about the Brawl delay....

lNow, I'm not going to clain to be a prophet or anything, but I'm about 99% sure why Brawl was delayed

It wasn't until just recently, when Sakurai and company had finally completed and finished creating Captain Falcon (there were much complications on arranging pixels in such a god like form such as the Capt'n) thus why he hasn't been updated on the dojo yet.

Now you see, the past week has been spent alpha and beta testing Mr. Falcon.........HOWEVER, one major complication arised

Whenever Captain Falcon was pitted in a match with Solid Snake, the Wii hardware would start smoking and heating over. The graphics would botch, as the pixels simply could not display both stunning physiques at the same time. When both Captain Falcon and Snake came into contact, the Wii would explode due to an overload in both "badass" and "smexy" levels (over 9000!).

as you could expect, it was due to this that Brawl was delayed, and the brawl team will be spending from now until march creating an "alternate costume system" which will posses a Snake with bunny ears, lolliypop, and cosmo magazine and Captain Falcon with a raincoat covering his chest and knee braces, whenever the two are in the same match.

=P

now seriously peoples, I'm upset too, but delays happen, and happen for the better.

Being released right before spring break is pretty bad though.....seeing as many will be busy, travelling, partying etc.... that or you could re-name it "brawl break" and STD (smash till dawn) with your friends all day, every day :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's kind of a big deal when we have LIVES to live. Brawl was going to release at that perfect time just before a vacation and after I had done all I needed to do as far as applications and papers. Now that it's coming out in March, it hits Spring Break when I will be doing job interviews and am well underway on my research project. Not saying that one small guy can affect the release of the game, but ****it: this sucks. Now I have nothing to do for fun until then, because I had seriously planned on Brawl for most of February. This also means less time with the guys to play it before we graduate college, more of a chance I won't have the money to get the game, and the definite "I hate my life" coming from the fact that the Japanese will be enjoying the game for a full month before I have--effectively killing any hype or surprises for the US release.

I understand Europeans have it bad almost all the time, but let us sulk once in a while too.
I understand completely. There's just no hype anymore, not to mention the fact that we have to wait a whole MONTH behind the Japanese--which is on top of a week delay at that. Honestly, the delay seems totally arbitrary to me. I cannot even fathom what could possibly be so important that would not have already been addressed a week before the game's Japanese release. It really throws my whole calendar out of whack; here I thought I would actually have something to tide me over through February...not so.

Melodramatic? Probably, but certainly not ill-founded. It's not as if Nintendo is reading these boards, scouring them for character suggestions and reactions to them, trying to perfect the roster. (*cough* Claus for Brawl!) Moreover, this also means that we will be seeing more fake leaks (kill me now...), more worthless DOJO updates, and--worst of all--Japanese Smashers enjoying the game for more than a month longer before we can even lay a hand on it.

And yes, I know that PAL has it worse than us, but that doesn't mitigate our situation in the least. For people who have grown up with Nintendo (like myself), the Smash series is really an amalgamation of everything that we love about gaming. And for something for which we have waited 7 years to be delayed AGAIN--well, it's infinitely frustrating. Hell, Link grew up in less time than it took for us to get a new Smash game.

Mother 3 is different. Wishing no offense to the community, but Mother 3 isn't an asbolute fairytale goldmine for both almost every single Nintendo fan there is and for Nintendo itself, which will bathe in money as fast as it can squirt out copies of Brawl.

You've heard of "Tantalus", right? Being an American Smash Bros fan is kinda what this feels like now. It FEELS like I'll never get to play this game because it keeps scooting out of our way.

And the inequal delay length is just disgusting for Japan and America. I mean, really.
No, it's quite true that MOTHER 3 does not have the same draw. Don't get me wrong--it's an amazing game--but it simply isn't Brawl, especially on the financial side of things.

Nail on the head, right there. Tantalus is the PERFECT analogy. You win 10 points.

And I honestly do not know why on earth the delay is so disproportionate. If Japan's Brawl can be fixed / "perfected" in a week, why does ours take an extra month? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, the delay doesn't seem to make much sense to me either. I mean, if it's a matter of marketting... that would just be redundant because the WORLD is looking forward to Brawl at this point. If you're familiar with Nintendo, Sega, and/or Konami, you're aware of Brawl.

If it's a matter of supply and demand... then A) NoA f**ked up and had to have been procrastinating the mass production of Brawl CDs; or B) it doesn't matter anyway, because the Wii itself is still a difficult machine to come by. So what if some people can't find a copy of Brawl just yet? Some people who've wanted a Wii since its release still can't find one. (Thankfully, not yours truly.) If NoA just keeps constant steady production of Brawl discs like they're doing with the Wii itself, everything should even out by the end of the year. You're not going to buy games for a system you don't own yet until you're ABSOLUTELY sure you're getting the system in the near future.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Wow freakin awesome, those 3 videos made me get my happy side back. Exellent job on the translations and nice finds! :D

I'm loving the music in the "How to play" video already!

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
its a weird character form an early DS game..

they kinda look like NiGHTS...but I forget who it is exactly!

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
saw the 3 new commericals....made me excited again! the 6 minute video was my favorite by far. i LOVE those long kind of videos for smash...seriously. we need people to analyze that one and give us every detail possible. i would...but i cant read japanese......

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else see the Celda trophy? That doesn't completely put the nail in his coffin, but I highly doubt they'd reveal him through trophy before he was revealed as playable...

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Trophy in the Trophy viewer.

The NiGHTs looking character is from the game Daigasso! Band Brothers.

We also have the Ouendan trophy as well (also in the viewer)

Top Bottom