• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else see the Celda trophy? That doesn't completely put the nail in his coffin, but I highly doubt they'd reveal him through trophy before he was revealed as playable...
In the world of Smash, you'll never know....

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, WW Link is in his Islander attire and there's Mario in his Strikers attire yet, he's still in the game, I wouldn't worry.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice new videos, yeah, but it really needs to be youtubed, because the loading never stops (even if you already watched it) and it takes forever...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Anyone else see the Celda trophy? That doesn't completely put the nail in his coffin, but I highly doubt they'd reveal him through trophy before he was revealed as playable...
Doesn't bother me. But what does bother me... I don't even want to say.

WW Link and Tom Nook deconfirmed?
And Ouendan.
And Bowser Jr. (sticker)
And Kumatora (sticker)
And...

And...

...and Claus...(sticker). :(

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
yeah, im thinking that video gave us more than i initially thought. i doubt they would have shown us any of the playable characters in the trophies or stickers =(

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Kinda fuitile to labor the point, but Peach did show up before her official unveiling. But yeah, the future looks bleak for playable versions of people first shown as trophies (Alas Dixie, maybe Midna can copy your hair twirling ways).

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
OMGOMG, Captain falcon is gotta be confirmed, at 3:45, you see his Nair, his Bair, and THE KNEE! (which ike counters)

Mr. Nintendork

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't bother me. But what does bother me... I don't even want to say.

And Ouendan.
And Bowser Jr. (sticker)
And Kumatora (sticker)
And...

And...

...and Claus...(sticker). :(
they're NOT deconfirmed.
There are also mario stickers and stickers n' trophies for ALL the characters, just like in melee.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, but it's not a nail in the coffin. It's in his island clothing. Samus has a Fusion suit trophy, so it leads me to believe he's playable. AND WTF? Mario is a trophy, but he's not deconfirmed. If anything-this semi-confirms him. Why WOULDN'T THEY SHOW HIS NORMAL LOOK=??? Exactly. That helps his shoe in chances, lol! :laugh:

And stickers don't mean s***. Stop worrying so much, as everyone basically is a sticker. I saw a Sonic sticker, and he sure as hell isn't playable. [sarcasm]

iMichael

Smash Lord
Nice videos....Who was that person that was rocking out on the guitar? (least that what it looks like)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to put this up on the front page, but I'm having the same difficulties with watching as other users. All I could really do now would be posting the link. So can someone:

Please put the videos onto Youtube, so I can properly watch them and put up a decent summary to go with them.

Write up a summary/point me to an existing summary for use in the article. Proper crediting will be given, of course.

Thanks in Advance for anyone who helps.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
SUCH A GOOD VIDEO! (5:30 one). I heard about new videos last night and found some on nicovideo.jp
Then Nintendo posted it on their site. Nicovideo.jp probably would have been best, but it requires registration and the whole sign up thing is in japanese. Also, for a free account you are only allowed to use it from 2AM to 7PM JST.

Yeah complicated. I'm going to see if I can rip the FLV file from Wii.com

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think I found a way to rip the FLV files (original video files). I'll rip it and upload it to youtube myself.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else notice how during Kirby's battle with Petey Piranha, it shows "Press Start" in the 2nd player icon, yet during Donkey Kong's level in SSe it says "2P Entry"?
Thought that was weird.

Also, did Ice Climbers get hit when Ike was doing his Final Smash on Metaknight in Castle Siege? Although you only lock on with one, I believe your swipes still damage others.

And yes, bayonettrials is on to something - that is definitely CF's Knee!

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Capt. Falcon is confirmed between 3:40-3:45, look at the red clone dude, when he spawns, he quickly does capt falcon neutral air which is his double kick. Moments later he does what seems to be an aerial knee attack.

I

i8waffles612

That 6 Min Video And 2 Commercials Were Soooooooooooooo Cool!!!!!!!!!!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
That was "pajamas" Celink. We don't know about "tunic" Celink yet. Hell, if it was, I'll be the first one to say NyaseNya is a fake (she said Toon Link was a character).

Did anyone else think they saw Strikers Outfit Mario in a trophy?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Nice videos....Who was that person that was rocking out on the guitar? (least that what it looks like)
You're not the only one to notice this, Envy, NG88 caught this and shoved it over to my attention and I did a quick google of Nintendo characters with electric guitars. My initial tentative guess is that it's the lead character of Jam with the Bands, or Brother Bands in Japan. Can something back me up on this and verify if I'm right or wrong on this, because she looks rather....wild this game.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You're not the only one to notice this, Envy, NG88 caught this and shoved it over to my attention and I did a quick google of Nintendo characters with electric guitars. My initial tentative guess is that it's the lead character of Jam with the Bands, or Brother Bands in Japan. Can something back me up on this and verify if I'm right or wrong on this, because she looks rather....wild this game. She can be seen on Norfair in the first commercial starting at :20 seconds

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Updated First Post. I'm uploaded the last video to Youtube (the 5:30 one). It's a 30mb FLV originally, but I have 5mbit upload. Should be finished soon. You can check my account for the other video. Rate my Marth while you wait :)

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
It sounded to my intermediate-Japanese ears that the 6-min video confirms a roster of 25. Whether that refers to the starting roster, or the starting roster plus Sonic and Snake, I do not know.

Top Bottom