• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
yea... was wondering when someone would mention shiek >_<. TP zelda likes cross dressing too apparantly?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
LOL! Sheik gets revealed on the Dojo tonight!!!
ITP Can you translate the Snake Scans for us? That would be the only new information we'd get from these scans.

Thanks.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace

Darkraid

Smash Champion
So Dedede, Bowser & Wario are possessed by Ancient Minister! I bet all other unlockables in SE are possess. But doesn't mean evil though.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
A 40/40! Wow! That's great! To be honest I wasn't expecting that at all.... Mario Galaxy didn't even get that much.

Personally I don't think this will be as critically acclaimed as Mario Galaxy in the west though... I just don't see it getting on any aggregate top 10s, there is always someone who doesn't like Smash Bros :-/

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A 40/40! Wow! That's great! To be honest I wasn't expecting that at all.... Mario Galaxy didn't even get that much.

Personally I don't think this will be as critically acclaimed as Mario Galaxy in the west though... I just don't see it getting on any aggregate top 10s, there is always someone who doesn't like Smash Bros :-/
Yeah, you :p
Seriously, I can see this getting GOTY for numerous places, and it may the best game ever in my opinion ^_^

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Have you translated all the pages kashikomarima****a? I'd like to see the comments on all of them. That'll be greatly appreciated :)

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Lol can't read translation because both links lead to the famitsu scans picture compilation. =O

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Hey. I uploaded the images of the trophies from the new commercial in a photobucket album here. I know you guys are busy so don't bother translating these unless you have free time. I just thought it be interesting to see what they say before anybody speculates on them. Also, you don't have to do word for word translations, maybe you could just tell us if the trophy descriptions allude to AT, character, or neither. In fact I don't think there is much point to translate Chimchar, Nook, Ouendan(is that what they're called?), and Strikers Mario unless you yourself were interested in what they said, becuase they don't look like they'll give us any information.

Anways thanks in advance.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
I may be wrong, but weren't Luigi and Ganondorf shown as trophies before melee was released?

Edit: Okay well i found the article where ign revealed ganondorf. Also, even though I see it unlikely that Sakurai would show a character as a trophy first, it could still happen.

@Fawriel, what you said is exactly why i wanted the Link trophy translated. Maybe it would explain why WW Link is not wearing his tunic. Either he has multiple trophies (maybe he's characer, maybe there are more trophies than we expected) or Sakurai chose this outfit since all links have pretty much the same clothes for majority of the story and they wanted Wind Waker's link to stand out. This latter seems to be the most logical and who knows we may see the ranger outfit Link from TP as a trophy.

Fawriel

Smash Master
They wouldn't leak characters like that.

CSLink, Tom Nook, Dixie Kong, Chimchar, and those two guys (?) are deconfirmed.

EDIT:
Which is upsetting, because I was rooting for CSLink, Tom Nook, and Dixie.
Come on, man, don't be ridiculous.

First, it's a commercial, not the Dojo. I wouldn't rely on some random commercial of many for my Smash information.

Secondly, Ganondorf was seen as a trophy before Melee was released!

And finally, look at them. Link's in his casual clothes. Why would they have him in his casual clothes if he wasn't also there in his standard clothes? Why did the trophy/sticker(?) of old Link have the name "Link (Twilight Princess)"? The reason is that Young Link is a playable character.

Now join my club. *shakes fist*

Joka

Smash Journeyman

First, it's a commercial, not the Dojo. I wouldn't rely on some random commercial of many for my Smash information.

And finally, look at them. Link's in his casual clothes. Why would they have him in his casual clothes if he wasn't also there in his standard clothes? Why did the trophy/sticker(?) of old Link have the name "Link (Twilight Princess)"? The reason is that Young Link is a playable character.

*shakes your hand*

THANK YOU!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I actually feel that a commercial that's a Wii TV Spot is as much as a deconfirmation as the DOJO, not that I actually believed WW Link to be a character, I'm glad to see his chances are going down.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I actually feel that a commercial that's a Wii TV Spot is as much as a deconfirmation as the DOJO, not that I actually believed WW Link to be a character, I'm glad to see his chances are going down.

What about Krystal or That guy from Japanese EBA? -_-

we thought Krystal had high chance until we saw her sticker on commercial.

Fawriel

Smash Master
What about Krystal or That guy from Japanese EBA? -_-

we thought Krystal had high chance until we saw her sticker on commercial.
Oh, you are NOT serious.

Honestly, there is NO way that Krystal is not in the game. We pretty much already know the identity of her voice actor, there is NOTHING, NOTHING going against her.
The fact that she appeared there for a SPLIT-SECOND in one corner of the picture, if anything, further weakens the argument that this deconfirms anything!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

C'mon bro, I'm not being that rediculous.

Well first, I guarantee that the commercial was funded by Nintendo.

Second... touche.

Finally, there could be a few explanations as to why CSLink is in his casuals:
A) He's a PC and that's his character model. (Remember that Wario alone is "special".)
B) There are two CSLink trophies, the one seen and one of him in his tunic.
C) It's just solitary a trophy.

Also, the reason that the sticker you were talking about: "Link (Twilight Princess)" is named thusly, could be simply answered by this: It's the title of a sticker, and there could be a sticker named "Link (Wind Waker)". They are named as such for organizing and identifying purposes. It doesn't necessarily mean that any Link included as a sticker or trophy is a playable character. We could have "Link (TLoZ)", "Link (ZeldaII)", "Link (ALttP)", "Link (OoT)", etc. trophies and/or stickers for all you know. It doesn't mean sqaut.

Though I will continue to root for the little guy, I just don't think he'll be playable now. I think that commercial crippled his chances harshly, at least in my mind.

Regardless, someone REALLY needs to translate that trophy.

amost

Smash Apprentice
since most kanji comes from chinese
in chinese, the character is either simular to a "B" in ABCDEFG....
or means the quantity "ONE"
oh I mean why do they use it here? is it used in internet slang? don't tell me they use it like "first!" or something?

amost

Smash Apprentice
let's also not forget that oen of the posts says that you get some extra stuff if you have melee save data! someone remember that and add it somewhere

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As the BrawlCentral translations aren't complete, I just wanted to say that I translated Snake's down special when the scans were first released. What you couldn't read was the article talking about planting the C4 on the edge and detonating it when someone is about to grab it.

Also, there may be a mistranslation. Famitsu states that you press the B button to pull the pin of the grenade, then press it again to throw it. It doesn't say that you hold the B button down.

Top Bottom