• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
At least it was only a week., not a month for Japan, then you USA'ers would be waiting even longer.

I don't even need to say another about us in Europe do I? We might as well smeggin' give up if we think we're gonna get this game before Summer/Christmas/2010.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well the american release is on march 9th look at dojo. This F******* sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is the roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadoXOR are to be believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (confirmed by no one, however, I doubt he would be cut)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Donkey Kong
8. Diddy Kong
9. Link
10. Zelda/Sheik (Sheik is returning according to ChaosZero)
11. Ganondorf (Ganondorf is returning according to ChaosZero)
12. Toon Link (confirmed by NyaseNya)
13. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
14. Kirby
15. Meta Knight
16. King Dedede
17. Fox
18. Falco (Falco is returning according to ChaosZero)
19. Wolf (Wolf is in according to ChaosZero)
20. Pikachu
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Jigglypuff (hinted by Serebii)
23. Lucario (hinted by Serebii, and is coming into Brawl according to ChaosZero)
24. Ike
25. Marth (returning according to ShadowXOR)
26. Lucas
27. Ness (returning according to NyaseNya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR)
28. Captain Falcon (is returning according ChaosZero and ShadowXOR)
29. Ice Climbers
30. Pit
31. Mr. Game & Watch (returning according to NyaseNya)
32. R.O.B. (is playable according to ShadowXOR)
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic.

This is our roster. :(

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
lol cant you guys settle down? It isnt even a month more to wait, its a total of 28 extra days....calm yourself children, when the game comes out, you will all forget about the release problems and play the game like there is no tommorrow.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Hey idiot, we still have 50+ motherf****** days. I don't thats something to be happy at.

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
Has anyone lost faith in this game yet? Because I have. All my ****ing energy twords this game has depleted. And I will be you anything a week before it's released in America, there will be yet another ****ing delay. I can see it now. Smash Brothers is going to be Nintendo's "Duke Nukem Forever" project.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
This is the roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadoXOR are to be believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (confirmed by no one, however, I doubt he would be cut)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Donkey Kong
8. Diddy Kong
9. Link
10. Zelda/Sheik (Sheik is returning according to ChaosZero)
11. Ganondorf (Ganondorf is returning according to ChaosZero)
12. Toon Link (confirmed by NyaseNya)
13. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
14. Kirby
15. Meta Knight
16. King Dedede
17. Fox
18. Falco (Falco is returning according to ChaosZero)
19. Wolf (Wolf is in according to ChaosZero)
20. Pikachu
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Jigglypuff (hinted by Serebii)
23. Lucario (hinted by Serebii, and is coming into Brawl according to ChaosZero)
24. Ike
25. Marth (returning according to ShadowXOR)
26. Lucas
27. Ness (returning according to NyaseNya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR)
28. Captain Falcon (is returning according ChaosZero and ShadowXOR)
29. Ice Climbers
30. Pit
31. Mr. Game & Watch (returning according to NyaseNya)
32. R.O.B. (is playable according to ShadowXOR)
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic.

This is our roster. :(
wat about mewtwo??? this is worse than the delayy :(:(:(

Shuma

Smash Hero
You got to be ****ting me. Another delay doesn't even make sense? Pft, well at least i'll be able to buy Devil May Cry 4.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Something tells me Duke Nukem Forever wasn't delayed a week or two per delay, and that it was not exactly playable shortly before the previously announced date.

Just calm down and live with it. They'll have their reasons, and their reasons are not to laugh at some random nerds on the internetz.

wat about mewtwo??? this is worse than the delayy :(:(:(
Don't be ridiculous, that roster is pure bull****.
It's not even **** from one bull, it's a cocktail from randomly selected bulls.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
i have competly lost any little faith i have. I have never experience so much delay before. Delay after delay. It's like waiting for something that its never gonna arrive!.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone lost faith in this game yet? Because I have. All my ****ing energy twords this game has depleted. And I will be you anything a week before it's released in America, there will be yet another ****ing delay. I can see it now. Smash Brothers is going to be Nintendo's "Duke Nukem Forever" project.
Settle down.Come back after some sleep and say that again :).

courte

Smash Lord
one month delay, R.O.B. Playable, only 36 chars... can i seriously just start crying, and drown with my tears now??

Can I please start crying now?!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sigh, I wish there was a mention at least of ShadowXOR in the first post of the Rumors Run Rampant or Leak Index threads... people are throwing around his "credible" name a lot and I still dunno what makes him so credible...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pft, you're a bunch of babies, oh noes the game has been delayed, again. Yeah, it sucks, so what?. It takes time to make perfection.

Besides, look on the bright side, you can buy Devil May Cry 4 the day it comes out, i know i will, that might apply only to me, so yeah. Har har.

courte

Smash Lord
well i like to look at that roster as the "Duh?!! there are no secrets!! everything's out there in the open!!" not pessimist roster, but rather someone who's playing it close to the chest, as to not reveal how much they don't know, and not be skewered by the public

and yea im so copping DMC4... and no i don't have a next gen console at all--That's. Just. How. I. Do.

that's just how i roll, though this does give me time to save up for a couple :grin:

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Has anyone noticed that nintendo suck at selling games?

My friend was just like me, only he got a modchip a week ago. I am also strongly considering doing so.

Playing hard to get are we, nintendo? tsk tsk tsk.

Its not so much that they delayed the game, its that they almost dont want people to buy it. I could do a better job.

It would take 2 seconds to offer a demo, even if it was just mario vs bowser.

And how hard is it not to set a release date until the game is ****ing done?

Nintendo, i pity you.

EDIT: I know what they could do! They could offer a downloadable demo as a wii channel, and then cancel it altogether! Nothing better to do to loyal fans than repeatedly promise them things and take them away...

Shuma

Smash Hero
At least you're not Sonic fans trying to boycot the game by making an online petition thing.

watomsk

Smash Cadet
People! get ahold of yourselves.
The delay hurts, I know, but we must endure. Remember what Alexandre Dumas once said:

“All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope”
Well, I guess not everybody has the ability to endure waiting and delay without becoming upset...
But I recommend you take a look at the Mother 3 community... And consider yourselves lucky...

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
The thing that upsets me most is that this pretty much ruined any surprises for me. I officially quit all Smash forums last night and was going to quit the DOJO after this week's end to avoid leakage and any more information. But now that Japan is only delayed a week and the US a month, I've just thrown in the towel. I'm very certain I'll be checking out the roster and everything when the Japanese throw them on the net.

It's over man. No more surprise. No more hype.

Plus, I would really love to know why Japan : 1 week :: US : 1 month.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ridley......for.....Brawl..
Ya know, we have Pit, Meta Knight, Kirby, Charizard, and King Dedede. That's five multijumpers. I think there's a pretty decent chance that Jigglypuff will be in as well. That'd make six. Ridley, in all his winged glory, would probably have multiple jumps, too.

I dunno about you but I'd prefer a little more variety.

Also, good to see a bunch of posters here are a bunch of drama queens, lol.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I just know one thing... If Ridley is not a PC, i'll be ****ing Pissed. And not pissed in the "I hate you nintendo", no, pissed in the way that'll i'll burn my Wii and dance around it naked while summoning Bill Gates from Microtopia.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm not as angry about there being 35 characters as I am about who those characters would be based on ChronoBound's list. This would mean 3 more newcomers total. Wolf, Lucario and R.O.B. Actually though, I really don't think that will happen. What kind of sense does it make for most of the games secret characters to be veterans? I highly doubt that.

5-6 secret newcomers, and 9-10 secret veterans? I don't believe it, even though I pretty much believed Nya's claims.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I hate to go off topic, but who exactly is NyaseNya? I would assume he/she's another so-called "prophet", but why is the roster posted by ChronoBound related to the delay?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nya was a Prophet, but she left the forum 'cause none believed her. I think she was a she..

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Its not so much that they delayed the game, its that they almost dont want people to buy it. I could do a better job.
Did you seriously just say that you could solely do a better job than Nintendo's entire marketing team? The team that just helped to make Nintendo the second richest Japanese company? There's a reason why they screen possible employees for big companies so thouroughly, and you pretty much sum it up.

And how hard is it not to set a release date until the game is ****ing done?
Do you mean wait until the game is done and then set the release date, or setting the release date to the future date when Brawl will be finished and ready to be sold?
If its the former, it wouldn't be hard, just really stupid to not give any info about launch until a week or two prior to launch.
If it's the latter, which I think it is, have you ever noticed that you can't actually predict the future? It is, as far as my knowledge goes, (and I've looked deeply into it, being a psychology major and all) impossible to predict the future. You can make educated guesses, but it's not only just ridiculously hard to predict the future, it is literally impossible. Have you ever tried to develop a video game, or lead a development team to making a video game, a fighting gam at that with a ridiculously large roster that needs to be balanced, and online play? Call me crazy, but I'd say its probably actually really hard to accurately predict the exact date a game like Brawl will be completed and ready for launch. If you have substantial proof that it would actually be simple to predict when a game will be finished (or at least finished enough to stop working on it), then by all means, share it with us.

Nintendo, i pity you.
That's good, they apparently need it. According to the news and media reports, if you ignore the huge boosts to revenue, profit, sales, market penetration, NEW markets penetrated, and stock value, Nintendo isn't doing so good. I'm sure all the "Company of the Year", "Innovator of the Year", "Marketer of the Year", and many other awards were just accidentally given out.

It would take 2 seconds to offer a demo, even if it was just mario vs bowser.

Though, I do agree with you on the demo part, after having to delay the game so much, it's only proper to give as a demo to feast on until we have the completed product. But I really doubt we'll get one, demos and nintendo is like online to nintendo.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm not as angry about there being 35 characters as I am about who those characters would be based on ChronoBound's list. This would mean 3 more newcomers total. Wolf, Lucario and R.O.B. Actually though, I really don't think that will happen. What kind of sense does it make for most of the games secret characters to be veterans? I highly doubt that.

5-6 secret newcomers, and 9-10 secret veterans? I don't believe it, even though I pretty much believed Nya's claims.
I swear to God I'll pistol-whip the next guy who takes that roster seriously.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I swear to God I'll pistol-whip the next guy who takes that roster seriously.
Worst case scenario. Though I'd like to mention that I don't believe ShadowXOR's claim that R.O.B. is in. Nor do I think that all of the prophets are telling the truth, but there is a possibility. NyaseNya's claims scare me.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
is no one interested in extorting any more info from my memory? :p

Just kidding, I think we finished that. I wonder if I really should go to nagoya on the 27th... I'll consider it.

Top Bottom