• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

gemini-saga

Smash Rookie
WoW it seems that Japanese guys didn't like Ike... But I'll still main Him

ZSS, The good She is, the Hard is to get her. If Smash Balls are Out the Trounaments, a Fast Character would be out XD

webrunner

Smash Apprentice

ZSS, The good She is, the Hard is to get her. If Smash Balls are Out the Trounaments, a Fast Character would be out XD

I hope the cheering voice for Ike is "WE LIKE IKE"

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02

Well from what I understand that was just one guy's opinion, just as I.T.P. had his own opinions. Doesn't mean Japan in general dislikes him, or DK for that matter.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hey ITP, thought of one more question. What's Dedede's entrance?

(if you can't tell, I like Dedede :o).

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Oh, hey ITP, thought of one more question. What's Dedede's entrance?

(if you can't tell, I like Dedede :o).

I haven't had time to update/organize the first post.
SamuraiPanda, thanks for the translation, very much appreciated. I'm guessing the guy was a Peach player

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if some tourneys allow smash balls just because they're not as random as other items - where they are on the stage doesnt matter as much since they move and you have to hit them a few times.

I wonder, can you turn off pity final smashes?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
btw, about smashballs.

they're not completely random, when you hit one It gets knockback from your hit, and then returns to the ring to fly randomly, so don't expect your hits not to effect it.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Oh... duh, how did I forget about that. Its one of the first things they showed us. I feel silly now >.>

roroverma

Smash Cadet
Also, has there still been any confirmation on Shiek. I haven't been on for a while so I don't know and I'm too lazy to find out.

EDIT: im a child now

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
To Flaming Link: Ike f*cks the brains out of anyone with his massive power...he was ungodly slow at first but they buffed his speed in the current demos..so your accusation on Ike sucking is false...he kinda has the speed of Roy, but he can own everyone with his power.

So your wrong you fail.

I win.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Great, Dedede can inhale waddle dees and spit them as star missles confirmed!

Is there any other impressions/info of Dedede at the japan forums?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that rumor is true and that Klonoa is in as a third party along with Megaman.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I see megaman as kinda a samus clone so I'm not that excited/expectant for him.
One of the dumbest arguments since Ridley being a Bowser clone >_<
Samus has Missiles, Morph Ball, Grapple Beam, screw attack, and all she uses the arm cannon to shoot is the Charge shot.
How will MM copy those?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
The only problem I see with Klonoa is that he hasn't come out with a good game in a few years now. Although, he does have great moveset potential, and he'd be a cool character to play as (here's hoping for a white & green outfit for a Terriermon look :D).

For all we know, Megaman could have elements of both Samus (charge beam) and Kirby (copy ability).
For instance, say Megaman's Neutral B is "Copy." He "copies" Mario. Megaman can then fire Fireballs out of his gun-arm. say Megaman copies Link. He could shoot quick bullets that can be angled ala Link's Arrows.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
sure ike's cool i played both fire emblem games he was in and beat them but.... U gotta admit that ike aint sounding too good right now XD. I want ike to be good but so far everyone say's he's too slow, which is kinda wiered since he should be a lil quick, guess its his sword. Anyways if u gonna main ike add me as buddy and we will see my link vs your ike XD

p.s link rules

I.T.P

Smash Ace
sure ike's cool i played both fire emblem games he was in and beat them but.... U gotta admit that ike aint sounding too good right now XD. I want ike to be good but so far everyone say's he's too slow, which is kinda wiered since he should be a lil quick, guess its his sword. Anyways if u gonna main ike add me as buddy and we will see my link vs your ike XD

p.s link rules

Correction, Ike moves pretty fast, his attacks come out very slowly due to long animations, picture peach's Fair, but with allmost every move. that's his only problem, and his power makes up for that big time, at least from what I played.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
The only problem I see with Klonoa is that he hasn't come out with a good game in a few years now. Although, he does have great moveset potential, and he'd be a cool character to play as (here's hoping for a white & green outfit for a Terriermon look :D).
Overall, Klonoa's games were well liked by players both in Japan and here. But he's more popular in Japan.

Top Bottom