• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

Zulo

Smash Ace
Just tested sliding forward fsmash with cstick.. It's legit like backwards-sliding, you just have to let go of forward before entering fsmash and you can slide just as far.

JellyfishRage

Smash Rookie
wow, that would be pure **** if we could back air that. only problem with this is, if they decide to do the classic edge to shuttle loop, we would miss an easy mirror shield gimp. so wed be 5050ing between an easy gimp, and a difficult one. id choose easy

Kirk

Smash Champion
So, I was playing around a bit yesterday with WoI and thought I should share a bit of something, apologies if known already...

I saw the video of the skid cancel WoI at the edge or w/e it was and played a bit with that. I find that this is the same as transferring from a grounded state to an aerial state during the attack. One can also time a dash canceled WoI near the edge and produce the same effect.

I've worked with brawl hacking for quite sometime, and took a look at the file to see what was going on. Basically what happens is if Pit ever changes to an aerial state after a grounded WoI during the startup, his action changes to his falling state, I.E. just in the air, neutral position, meaning he can then do anything he can normally do in the air...jumps and woi included.

The main thing I was looking at was the invincibility frames. I was looking into if one could prolong the invincibility frames, or at least keep the same amount after sliding offstage, similar to DK's upb shenanigans. I personally don't think it works the same, as the direct change to pits fall action would cancel any changes, but it was something to think about.

What I'm left with wondering is how feasible it is to abuse this 6 frames of invincibility...the ability to cancel the entirety of WoI off a ledge or platform. You'll get the frame 1 start of the invincibility, but can act directly after into anything as soon as you go into the aerial state. Probably not groundbreaking in any sense(6 frames isn't that much of anything), but something to think about perhaps.

Again, sorry if its been discussed before, but in any event I thought id share how things work the way they do from a coding standpoint, incase people are interested in that sort of thing.

Another random tidbit...anyone ever try wiggling the control stick upleft>upright>upleft>etc during WoI? It might just be an illusion, but it seems he moves a bit quicker and gets a bit more height out of it...not to mention the super awesome spazzing, sfx included >.>

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master

that is a good question about the invincibility. someone with the ability to test please do so.

2. i make him pivot like that when i move up because yes im sure it does make him move up faster and plus it looks like a helicopter :)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yea, what I was goin for is if Pit slides off in the first six frames of grounded WoI...if that would have any effect on the invincibility carrying over...to simplify the above. My first thoughts would be no...but who knows. Even if it doesn't, its free invincibility frames when dropping off a platform.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I don't think any invincibiity gets carried over, I've played with woi and the ledge time and time again and nothing broken seems to come out of it

Fluctuating back and forth while rising could be a fraction faster because pit doesn't go through his wing flapping animation. I do it for fun anyway like maha says its like a helicopter lol

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
me and jrugs tested footstool cancel on kirby a bit. while im not sure whether or not fsmash is guarenteed, dsmash is guarenteed to work so far. the only thing that may stop it is shuttle loop but that still needs testing just like grab, jab, dtilt, and the other stuff (im feeling buffered rising dair and nair would work but like i said, we'll see)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So ptzr's claim to bthrow to dsmash on kirby seems to be legit. Made me start looking into bthrow to buffered run SH dair. Might be legit on kirby, lucas, lucario. Can footstool combo from it too.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It's relatively hard to do. I can only do it like 1 out of 15 tries.

CHARACTER SPECIFIC COMBO'S

K I'll make one now.

MK: F-Throw, Dtilt (0%). F-throw, F-smash (0%). F-Throw, Up-smash (0%-5%). Grab Release, Arrow (Only works if mk mashes out or on stages with slants). Grab Release, Buffer Dash attack. (works on Yoshi's Island or if mk mashes out)

Diddy: Reverse Glide Toss, Grab throw back, (he trips on naner), Grab throw forward, walk f-smash. Reverse Glide Toss, Buffer Reverse D-smash, F-smash. (works at 13%). Grab Throw Forward, SS, F-Smash (0%). Dair, Dj Nair. (0%)

Snake: Grab Throw Forward, Dtilt. F-throw CG. Slow jab two hits, Grab. Dair, Nair (0%)

Wario: Grab Release, Dair. Grab Release, RAR Bair. (Doesn't need to be RAR'd on Smashville platform). Slow Jab two hits, Buffer Pivot Uptilt.

Falco: Grab Throw Forward, Dtilt. (0%)

Lucas: Grab, Pummel Release, Buffer walking Dtilt. (Any %). Slow jab 2 hits, D-smash. (High Percents). Sour spot SH Bair, Turn around grab, Pummel Release to Dtilt, F-smash, or walk away. (low percents, or if Bair is stale enough)

Kirby: if you predict a Up-b and that they would smash di away or something. Up-b OoS, near ledge pushes kirby off leaving him in his tumble mode. (More of a Gimmick). Slow Jab one hit, Uptilt (High%). Slow jab one hit, Grab (High%). Slow Jab one hit, Reverse SS, F-smash.

Peach: (Gimmicks), Predict a crown? Wingdash and Ftilt. SH Dair, Fast Fall turn around grab throw back, Dash attack. (0-5%)

Sopo: This is a very hard thing to do. If for any reason, Sopo is at high percents and you grab him expecting a Grab release. Air release, Frame perfect Dash, Sh Fair. (Gimmick) (Higher Percents)

Marth: Grab F-Throw, SS, F-smash. (0%). Grab F-Throw, Grab F-Throw, Grab F-Throw (Yoshi's Island Specific). You can CG Marth on Yoshi's using the slants.

Luigi: Predict Up-b Lag Grab him, Air release, SH Fair to Make him Airdodge, F-smash. (Gimmick) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYf6QZsKuTg&feature=player_detailpage#t=308s

Zulo

Smash Ace
Did you guys know you can platform cancel with mirror shield? It doesn't cancel mirror sheild.

It's pointless.

But you can.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I feel like youre just platform canceling then using mirror shield

Nope. Try it.

everything has a point. if you do that then even if you get hit you could super armor the hit and be fine. bet you didn't think of that did ya? lololol
Well it's no whistle but I guess you're right haha. It's more of a hinderance to me, I sometimes do it when I'm trying to drop below the ledge and mirrorshield, and I end up not dropping through.

JellyfishRage

Smash Rookie
well, i guess that mirror shield cancel kind of is a good find. its weird, and impractical but a find none the less. maybe other characters can do the same, but their down special would be more practical?

oh and, this got me thinking. can we d.i an upward flight by platform canceling?

like if fox upsmashes us, if we down air the platform above our head would we stop our momentum completely and be safe on top of the platform?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I've been thrown upwards from Charizard on halberd and crash landed on the platform as if I somehow platform cancelled it. Could never pull it off again though.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
This happens a lot in melee. Brawl, not as much. I've done my few shares. I got uptilted by Snake on halberd and Slammed on the platform.

Top Bottom