• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Winddash facing one direction and do a quarter circle motion to walking grab the other direction and you get this huge slide boost. It's weird. Gonna practice it up cuz it's a pretty useful thing.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
it's kinda like that, but out of the use of pit's up b, making it really good in situations when someone is sitting behind ur shield

up b oos away from opponent, than "craq walk" (or w.e.) back toward them with a grab

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I like coming in here and seeing what everybody talks about.
Then seeing how it'd play out vs. ZSS.
Then laughing.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I used to feel that way, here's the Luckay 7 ways to get better.

1.Increase your knowledge on frame data
-Pit's frame data
-Mk's frame data
-Frame data for each characters most annoying or best moves.

2. Spend time practicing alone all the techs that you should know.
-Pivot Arrow
-Grab release timing
-fthrow chaingrab timing/ss fsmashing
-wing refresh chasing

3. Review Gimr's metagame minute videos, they are very helpful. Also, any videos of top level players.
-Edge slip mechanics
-RCO/Phantom Lag
-How to DI vs Falco
-Latest one about Shield DI on the edge

4. Use wifi to analyze general player habits
-Learn when players roll and train yourself to know when it will happen and have a pool of punish options ready
-Adapt to what players do to get up from the ledge and cover all their options

5. Have faster fingers
-Energy drinks, coffee, adderall, etc
-Train your eyes and mind to have a faster reaction time
-Let the tournament or high level friendlies pressure make you better instead of worse

6.Play More
-Wifi
-Invite friends over, go to smashfests
-Attend tournaments
-Travel to attend tournaments

7. Be dedicated to getting better
-If you aren't willing to do any of the 6 before this, then you can't expect to get better.
Awesome quote by Luckay, also does anyone know the controls for the dash-attack canceled grab? I keep forgetting.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Aight so adding to my woi ledge canceling tricks I think I found something useful. If you jump cancel woi ledge cancel while running at the ledge, you can edgehog faster if you buffer a fast fall. Try it out and see if I'm right about it being faster than just dashing towards the ledge for an edgehog.

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys. I think we need to challenge another character board to a crew battle at Apex. Anyone else with me?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
u have the ****tiest ideas ever luckay. i'd be way more down to challenge like the peaches or the luigis or what i had planned on doing my self, the wolves. **** a sonic vs pit crew battle. that would be super gay. my vote goes for the peaches or wolves

Esca

Smash Champion
I posted it because it's an innovative idea, no?

Also seriously what is your problem luckay? XD Please no sonics I hate those fast ****s.

Let's challenge the olimars ;)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I was trolling, I hate playing sonic lol. Plus I doubt the good sonics will be there, they all kinda quit. Same with the peaches, only peach there will be maybe silly kyle. Wolves would be a decent choice.

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
We can do Wolves but the matchup can be dumb sometimes. There is a Wolf vs Fox crew already happening. We can do one or both characters. What do you guys want? And we have to vote. I vote Fox.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo lets challenge the olimars. **** challenging other mid tiers. oooh or we could challenge the DDDs.

wait. lets challenge the zero suits. i know NICK RIDDLE would be down to help organize it

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
don't challenge the zss's, quiK will carry them all because he has too much cyve experience
true story

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You know how Zelda can lighting kick, then b-reverse Nayru's Love for momentum cancel...do you guys think Pit can do the same w/ arrow, like dair/bair, then b-reverse arrow to help stay alive longer?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nayru's love normally stops their momentum. Try running, then doing a jumping Nayru's. Arrows don't work the same.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Using an arrow will kill you faster. Woi could save you from dying off the top because it's start up makes Pit drop a little. So maybe dair>woi>fastfall, unlikely though I'm pretty sure I tried this a while back.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo i forgot to tell you guys i found out how to make 2 wind boxes come out of wings when you cancel it going off of an edge. you have to jc wings out of a skid at a certain point before the edge, mess around with it until you figure it out. you know you did it correctly if you see pit's wings turn dark blue before he goes off the edge. after you fall off you can then do another wings with another wind box and it will edgesnap. you can also use this to push people off the edge with the wind and buffer an instant aerial or footstool. what's awesome is that you can do this with a reverse skid cancel as well so you can buffer a bair or style on someone with a reverse footstool or wind spike. or you can use the multiple wind boxes to stop certain projectiles or stuff a recovery or whuff away nades and bombs or **** i don't know. i haven't tested it in actual gameplay, i need yall to help me think of ways to use this or whether it should be used at all or what it could lead into etc. that is if yall feel like gettin technical

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
yo i forgot to tell you guys i found out how to make 2 wind boxes come out of wings when you cancel it going off of an edge. you have to jc wings out of a skid at a certain point before the edge, mess around with it until you figure it out. you know you did it correctly if you see pit's wings turn dark blue before he goes off the edge. after you fall off you can then do another wings with another wind box and it will edgesnap. you can also use this to push people off the edge with the wind and buffer an instant aerial or footstool. what's awesome is that you can do this with a reverse skid cancel as well so you can buffer a bair or style on someone with a reverse footstool or wind spike. or you can use the multiple wind boxes to stop certain projectiles or stuff a recovery or whuff away nades and bombs or **** i don't know. i haven't tested it in actual gameplay, i need yall to help me think of ways to use this or whether it should be used at all or what it could lead into etc. that is if yall feel like gettin technical
Bro, I've been doing this for a while, but I haven't tested many uses for it. I just use it as a fancy ledgesnap after a KO. I think it worked once for edgeguarding vs MK or Marth (I can't remember which).

Top Bottom