• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey there was a thread that showed sweetspots for edges as everyone i've used seach and checked that ungle kenny thread plz help :(Link or it's name or something

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
can you phantom hit a sweetspot knee
i dont think so considering that sweet spot means it actually hits................ idk im a noob anyways........ id like to know is mute city banned and someone just give my the new stage rules link my the thread or something k thx =D

cjugs

Smash Ace
My link is getting fairly good, but i am still being tech chased hard by CF not just that but lots of other character have little things they do. i want to study them and figure all of their options out but a cfalcon or fox guides aren't just laying on every board hints?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
The answer to the nonexistant question is watch vids. Nothing better than watching vids of pros.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Link has to camp. Errr... Like, link is slow... CF is FAST-- *KNEEEEEEEED* ow.

But yeah. Fox is fast too. So camp those *****s. Projectiles, Nair, Fair... : D And refrain from Dairing! I know Links love to Dair so I always shield and wait for it, link slides into my grab range hahaha.

Fade2Nothing

Smash Rookie
so do you guys think that melee will continue to run strong in the next few years? 2010 was surprisingly a pretty golden year imo pound4 biggest ever, cat5 coming up, rom3 coming up, apex is coming up
unfortunately i cant attend any of these T_T mostly because of my parents so i probably dont think i can until 2 years when i get into college
so will melee be this strong in 2 years? or even as a general question how long will melee last?

Fade2Nothing

Smash Rookie
^ love that answer LOL
its too bad i cant find anyone to consistently play with
i think hax (Aziz al-Yami o_o?) goes to my school but we dont really know each other LOL
besides i dont wanna get ***** too hard itll destroy me inside =[
so does any1 wanna play with me? :D please dont be a pedo and **** me or something x_x

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Don't worry, Hax ***** everyone.

Just ask him if he knows any people around your level.

Pi

Smash Hero
whats the best way or a way to muiltishine fast?
I've tried different methods, originally I would use the joystick only, and that worked fine with falco, but since foxes is a little quicker, I've had to use Y and B with my thumb, just slide from Y and B. I would speculate that this is what a lot of people do because if you watch, when they mess it up, they end up doing a drill, which is because you usually hit the C stick on your way down.

Any way, the best way to do it is the way you're comfortable with, you can try joystick only, or Y and B, or X and B if you button slide.

The main way to multishine proficiently is to practice.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
its seriously practice and preference... people say Y to B is the best distance-wise.. but im pretty sure zhu uses x to b and i think mango doesnt use x at all lol

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Y to B here. Stuck at double/triple shines, but it's improving. Just throw a few out in between stocks, waiting for an edgeguard, at the start or end of a game, or if you just feel like sandbagging. Give it time. Start with double shines, then triple, then once you have the timing down you can do as many as you want.

I have no ****ing clue how someone would multi shine with the control stick though, that sounds like.. ****ing ********

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
falco it doesn't really matter. fox it kinda matters.

Y+B is the best option out of efficiency and you have less of a chance to accidentally hit A

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
what should I be thinking when I want to wavedash consistently with Falco? I mean, he jumps pretty high. A few times I may have him jump instead of dashing.

I know I have to practice, and I will. I just need to know if there is anything little I need to know about the timing and stuff. If not I'll just keep practicing I guess. : D

And also sometimes I try fox and I wd fine on the stage but sometimes I might not get it, so edgeguarding with him is a bit tougher.

Pi

Smash Hero
what should I be thinking when I want to wavedash consistently with Falco? I mean, he jumps pretty high. A few times I may have him jump instead of dashing.

I know I have to practice, and I will. I just need to know if there is anything little I need to know about the timing and stuff. If not I'll just keep practicing I guess. : D

And also sometimes I try fox and I wd fine on the stage but sometimes I might not get it, so edgeguarding with him is a bit tougher.
Generally if you're messing up wavedashes and JUMPING, it's because you're inputting the air dodge too soon.

Falcos jump is a little slow, I believe he's air borne on frame 6 instead of 4/5 for a lot of the other cast

In this case you just need to slow it down, even if your WD's look choppy and ****ty, once you get the slow timing, you can speed it up gradually, it's a lot easier to speed it up a little than to slow it down when you have no gauge of how much slower it needs to be

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Generally if you're messing up wavedashes and JUMPING, it's because you're inputting the air dodge too soon.

Falcos jump is a little slow, I believe he's air borne on frame 6 instead of 4/5 for a lot of the other cast

In this case you just need to slow it down, even if your WD's look choppy and ****ty, once you get the slow timing, you can speed it up gradually, it's a lot easier to speed it up a little than to slow it down when you have no gauge of how much slower it needs to be
Hmm that maybe true. I always use the same timing for other characters haha. I usually get it but theres like a 1 out of 5 chance I'll not get the airdodge.

I thought it was more like falco jumping earlier than I could airdodge but since you say he does it later that may help.

Thanks. ;D

Kanelol

Smash Lord
With Falco, you have to drop it like 1/10th of a notch to get everything right

you just need to get the flow down, then it'll be easy mode

Top Bottom