• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
is it possible for Roy/Marth to use their counterattack on Jigglypuff's Rest?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Oh okay. Whoops. I'll step out of this territory now. :embarrass
I'm just saying look at the differences between the two games. Can you really not see why some people have a problem with the changes made?

Tamoo

Smash Master
yes, but since rest is a lot faster than counter, they'd pretty much have to see your counter and consciously decide that they would like to have their rest countered.
wait a min, doesnt the counter just hit the invincibility frames of the rest or am i just going nuts here? Thus leaving the jiggs wide open to attack, i unno, cba to try it out lol

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm just saying look at the differences between the two games. Can you really not see why some people have a problem with the changes made?
You're completely right. Thanks for answering.

Sorry that I came out of nowhere being a scrub with that question. :urg:
I think it was just a spur of the moment thing... Hopefully it won't ever happen again. :embarrass

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
So now when I use melee it sometimes makes it so that you can't drop from the ledge. It will be working fine and then all of a sudden I won't be able to ledgehop anymore. Reseting the game works sometimes, but then it usually will stop working later.

Does anyone have any suggestions besides get a new copy?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
So now when I use melee it sometimes makes it so that you can't drop from the ledge. It will be working fine and then all of a sudden I won't be able to ledgehop anymore. Reseting the game works sometimes, but then it usually will stop working later.

Does anyone have any suggestions besides get a new copy?
Have you tried using a different controller? If you still can't ledgedrop with another controller...

LOL

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I don't think its the controller. I can dashdance and pivot like usual and it seems like if I can fo that then i should be able to drop the ledge.

However I did try wiping off the disc and it seems to have been working for the last 10 minutes.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt it's your disc.
Me too.

Its still working now though at least. And I'll remember the controller reset thanks.

Edit: It stopped working again and the reset worked. Thanks for the good advice L.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's not your disc. Try either resetting it like L said or unplug it and plug it back in. If it still doesn't work, it might be new controller time.

AdibM

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have quite a few questions (I hope I'm asking this in the right place!):

1. Is there any point to doing Cruel Melee? My highest is 5 with Pikachu. If I reach a certain amount (individually or total), will I get a trophy or something?

2. Do you get any rewards in any way from Endless Melee?

3. I've noticed people talking about "secret messages." What are some really rare ones that are hard to unlock? Is the result of amassing all ~290 trophies an example of a secret message? I have 282-3 so I'm curious. And does anything happen when you obtain all of them?

4. Does anything happen when you beat either Classic, Adventure, or All-Star on Very Hard without continuing? Does the number of stock matter?

5. On Adventure mode, Underground Maze level, I always spend over 4 minutes trying to find the frickin' exit. The exit is always placed in a random location, right? Is there any trick to finding it quickly? I'm trying to get to Giga Bowser in under 18 minutes and wasting time on this one level is a big hindrance, as I usually get to Bowser after 21 minutes or so.

EDIT FOR #5: Actually, I just beat Giga Bowser and got the trophy, bringing my count up to 283. :-D But I'd still like to know if there's a fast way to beat Underground Maze on 1P Adventure mode.

6. Is it possible to hit every title credit after beating a 1P mode, and if so, do you get any kind of reward for doing it?

Thanks!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Errr well I'd go to 1-P discussion for some of these questions, the people that hang out there might be better suited to give you answers for your questions :)

GOD!

Smash Ace
How do you strike stages on a melee disc?

I used to be able to, but then my memory card got stolen. I've unlocked all stages except one, maybe that has something to do with it...

luno

Smash Rookie
what is "buffering"?

i hear about buffering rolls oos during shield pressure.. can you buffer attacks? what does "buffer" mean? what's the use of it? is it important at high levels of play? how do i do it?

?

Tamoo

Smash Master
buffering pretty much is the input of a command before it is possible to do it, so that the command happens on the first possible frame it can be done.

Umm trying to think of an example, hold the shield button, then hold cstick down, the spotdodge is being buffered, and will keep on doing so until you do something different. Also, if you throw a character up, after pressing up, you can hold shield and up to jump at the first possible moment, something i find useful

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
can you l-cancel before you do the move? like your fox and you jump up high and use nair at the end you press lt but you don't hit the ground and you get to use nair right before you hit the ground. would it L-cancel?

Spife

Smash Master
can you l-cancel before you do the move? like your fox and you jump up high and use nair at the end you press lt but you don't hit the ground and you get to use nair right before you hit the ground. would it L-cancel?
I don't know about Fox, but Link can do multiple nairs with one jump, but as the way the game works, you only L-Cancel when you land while doing an aerial. So if Link full jumps and nairs and the nair retracts before you land, you can't l-cancel the nair because it's not out any more (I swear you can l-cancel an empty jump butttt I could be making this up). So, you can only L-Cancel when you land while an aerial is still being preformed.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
L-canceling, or lag-cancelling, refers to the landing animation lag that you get when you reach the ground while doing an aerial move. If you're in the air for the whole duration of a move, you can't L-cancel the move because you don't touch the ground.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Thats not what he's asking, he's asking whether you can press the button to lcancel before actually executing the move.
I dont personally think you can, but I could easily be wrong, sumone could maybe whip out the good ol' AR

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Thats not what he's asking, he's asking whether you can press the button to lcancel before actually executing the move.
I dont personally think you can, but I could easily be wrong, sumone could maybe whip out the good ol' AR
Alright... what is the question? Pressing the button to L-cancel before actually executing the move? What in the world does that mean?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
buffering pretty much is the input of a command before it is possible to do it, so that the command happens on the first possible frame it can be done.

Umm trying to think of an example, hold the shield button, then hold cstick down, the spotdodge is being buffered, and will keep on doing so until you do something different. Also, if you throw a character up, after pressing up, you can hold shield and up to jump at the first possible moment, something i find useful
This is correct. You can also buffer a roll while under shield pressure by holding c-right or c-left (you will roll on the first frame possible, which is often a good idea against Fox/Falco).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
20 frames before before you land your nair is about to end you press R the move stop 15 frames before you land and you nair again will the R button still work and cancel your lag?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
20 frames before before you land your nair is about to end you press R the move stop 15 frames before you land and you nair again will the R button still work and cancel your lag?
Try to be more specific. It doesn't matter how far into the aerial you are, it all depends on when you are landing, and several factors can effect that (missing, hitting your opponent, hitting your opponent while they are shielding, etc.).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
they miss and hit nothing nair ends at 15 before landing they press L at 17 they start the next nair at 10 will the L at 17 still work?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Also, one thing that should be noted is that you can hit R/L multiple times when in doubt of the exact time you need to L-cancel. Kage, for example, often hits R 3-4 times after performing an aerial to ensure the cancel.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't think dorsey knows the rules about l-canceling if you do it to early you have to wait 40 frames before you can try again same for techs

Top Bottom