• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Fan Custom Colors Thread

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Anti-alias, son.
I have anti-aliasing set, son. The issue still occurs.

Agent: That's an approach I hadn't considered. I'm not immediately sure how Gimp handles that, but I'm sure that's something I can research on my own. Sounds like a good way to do this. Thanks!

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I've done all my color selections via polygonal lasso. It takes me a while to do costumes. Sometimes, the wand picks up colors that I don't want, and if I lower the tolerance, it doesn't take enough. Then it becomes a game to find the right color to select so it takes all the colors I want but not the ones I don't want. So I just said screw it, I'm using the polygonal lasso.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Agent, I love all of your Diddys (except the yellow, but I dislike yellow in general), most of Ike's, and blue fox. Oh and not to sound mean or anything, but I already made a Waluigi Mario, mine has the yellow letter and orange shoes, but I like yours too :)

Oh, and I think that purple Ike is cooler than the purplish with red cape Ike.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
The Waluigi Mario was just a spur-of-the-moment filler since I had so many compliments :p

And PK, I'm not sure what went wrong with your Dedede. When I do him, I start with a select all, then I magic wand away the whole background, then I go in and polygonal lasso away the orange and brown parts. Then you can modify just the reds to whatever you want.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Thats cool. You actually know how to use Gimp though. I just click the pencil and set it to color and be careful from then on. Is there an easier way to recolor? My way works so far, it's just long sometimes.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry. I just assumed you used Gimp. It sounds like it has similar tools though. Maybe I should try to make more soon XD.

ss118

Smash Master
dude... im making a compilation of these!
They're my new background!
I'll post it when I'm done.
edit: dang forums.... how do you post pictures?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Agent: That's about what's up. I was trying to 'magic wand' (Gimp equivalent, I'm 100% sure we're discussing the same tool under different names) but hit the same fuzzy issue. Hmm. Thankfully, I think I can fix that the next time I try it...I think I know what I did wrong.

EDIT: Indeed, I seem to know what went wrong. Here's version two of King Dedede, in a white/purple/gold scheme:

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
I think I might know another way for you to try, now. Does your magic wand equivalent have a "Contiguous" option, where it only selects adjacent pixels that are close enough in color? I say this because parts of your hammer appear to be recolored, too, and if the magic wand only selects contained areas, you won't have that problem.

dude... im making a compilation of these!
They're my new background!
I'll post it when I'm done.
edit: dang forums.... how do you post pictures?
You gotta put "img" inside the square brackets, you know the non-shifted versions of{}
Then after the URL it's "/img"

so it's:

"img"url"/img"

Except replace the " with the square brackets.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman

Well, I made two more costumes.

Top Left - Yellow Team
Top Right - Red Team
Bottom Left - Blue Team
Bottom Right - Green Team

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
CONTEST: Compare the alt. costumes you have created to todays update and vote to which you like more.

(just a thought)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Kainsword, I like your costumes a lot, as alternates, but I don't know if they represent their colors well enough to be team colors? The "yellow" and "red" ones both look like they would better represent an "orange" team, if it existed, and the blue one isn't saturated enough.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying they look bad. Far from it, I think they look very good :)

True Fool

Smash Ace
CONTEST: Compare the alt. costumes you have created to todays update and vote to which you like more.

(just a thought)
I like Fuison Suit Samus a bit more than my grey/blue Samus. Not that I do not approve of my own Samus though.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
speaking of colors have any of u seen the new dojo update ; ) awesome!
There is a fallen angel pit??? But its not really a devil pit lol(Now look at Dark Link and you will have the best costume color of all mwhahahahah)

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Kainsword, I like your costumes a lot, as alternates, but I don't know if they represent their colors well enough to be team colors? The "yellow" and "red" ones both look like they would better represent an "orange" team, if it existed, and the blue one isn't saturated enough.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying they look bad. Far from it, I think they look very good :)
I kept that in mind but I also realized that I didn't want to make every primary color saturated. For example, even though Blue Team Mario has Blue, it still has Red overalls. Characters like Captain Falcon had an unsaturated or dull red jumpsuit and a purple helmet, gloves and boots.

I wanted to use variations of that primary color, like how Luigi is Pink while supposedly being on the "Red" team. Green Team Fox has Lime Green (a Green-Yellow deviation of Green) Teal (a Green-Blue deviation of Green) and a standard Green color. I didn't really think it would be that appealing to have standard Greens in different shades as the hues for every costume, so I attempted to change it up a bit, like how Melee costumes were.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Please don't post the same pictures you have already done, especially when it is only done on Paint...

...It's a worth attempt at it though, given the software, I'll give you that...

Top Bottom