• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Fan Custom Colors Thread

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Oh that's nice. Though, since Mario already has the Wario alternate, I think the Waluigi color will go to Luigi ;). Very sexy though, nice work!
Thanks for the comment. And yeah I also think that Luigi should take this outfit to make up for Waluigi :cool: But if Luigi doesn't get it, then hopefully someone else (Mario) will get it.

Kokaloo

Smash Apprentice
Hey RPGsFTW I'm gonna work on that Xbox Diddy and Ike you told me to do this weekend.
Sorry for not being at school today.
I think I got what TrueFool got.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman

Top Left - Black/Gold Fox Costume.
Top Right - Blue Team Fox Costume.
Bottom - Golden Bowser Costume.

I think Golden Bowser was the most difficult of these to make... It's very difficult to change the darkness and/or lightness of an image without losing any of the shadow/highlight quality. The shell is normally dark, must be white, and the skin normally light, must be dark. This especially becomes a problem when the two are next eachother, then it becomes very difficult to soften the stark transition between white and black.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I was playing metroid prime 3 earlier today, and decided to make this...

hehe I don't know if its any good though... lol DARK SAMUS FTW!!

(power to this awesome thread!)

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice

Tried to make Soar Mario
I was told its a Secret Power up in Galaxy but I have it..

Edit:

Albino DK, didnt come out so well

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace

You guys liked my Waluigi-Mario, so how about this? It isn't based off of anybody this time.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Gimp. You should be able to find it on google. It should be a free download. I love how it recolors :)

*EDIT* It seems that no one wants to compliment my Fox so here is a Diddy based off of my favorite DK ssbm color.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
someone recolor pit please (prefferred if it was grey/white with one crimson red wing and one black wing with silver hair.) i know it may be a but much but whoever is looking for a chalange...

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Hrm. I keep trying to do a Lyn in white (main color) and dark-gold (secondary/detailing color), but it's not turning out so well. I'll keep at it, but if anyone here is strong with the Photoshop-Fu and would like to try it, I'd be delighted. Her hair/eye-color could stay as their defaults, I'm just trying to get a white-and-gold dress for her.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
InvincibleAgent: Exactly! Thank you very much; I was getting close to that in my image editor ("The GIMP", but it supports most of the same stuff Paintshop and Photoshop do, I'm told)...but I always had jagged little pixels of blue remaining on Lyn's outfit.

I'm curious, can you give a quick overview of how you did that? I was telling the program to Select areas by color, and adding areas either by large chunks of matching color, or a pixel at a time...and my coloring was still 'jagged with bits of blue' even though it looked like I had everything relevant selected.

Your method is notably better in this regard; I think I see a total of maybe four (4) pixels showing that problem. What are you doing to get it to turn out so well? I'd love to figure it out and try contributing my own recolors. Ike, Zelda, Pit, and Dedede in particular seem like fun experiments.

Top Bottom