• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Fan Custom Colors Thread

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
This thread is to create your own alternate colors-NOT COSTUMES. There are already many threads talking about custom colors, but this thread is dedicated to making your own.
You're most likely going to have to use Photoshop so sorry to the people that don't have it.
:(
Take any character and create or own custon colors and post it in the thread. Try do be as creative as you can. The harder you work on it, the more everyone can enjoy it.
Also, they don't have to be playable characters either. You can even make your own custom colors for ATs. As my example I am going to use a character that I REALLY wanted to as a playable character but unfortunatly he is but an AT. I am glad non-the-less that he is still in the game though. Gray Fox!

ORIGINAL

Different Colors

And now, morphing characters is supported! Like so...

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
What are you magic wand settings? Tolerance? Anti-aliased? Contiguous?
Anti-Alias and Contiguous on. As for the tolerance it'll keep changing depending on where you're trying to capture but you'll always want to keep it low...very low.

And I don't think this should be sent to the art section of the site because I'm not really seeing this as art. I'm just seeing what kind of colors you guys want to see on the characters. And there isn't really much work involved making these. It's actually very simple.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
makeah dah zss in underpants OGLE OGLE!!!

lol jk.

seriously though, do a viewtiful joe one.

or if you only will do brawl chars, then how about sonic or zelda?

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Here is your Ness/Lucas.

Sorry, but the stripes on the shirt turned out a little ugly. I may redo it in the future. Notice all the changes I made: the hair, no eyebrows, eyes, shirt, and shoes. I'm am quite proud of it.:cool:

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
And this is for you Sonic lovers.

I tried to make his arms black but that was just way too hard.:(
And sorry the shoes look kind of ugly.

Banned via Administration
Hey, Guys! Check out that awesome MMORPG called MapleStory! It sure is fun! I have a lv 69 Sin and I love playing it with all my friends! I think it's really great, so you should check it out too at www.nexon.maplestory.com. Afterwards go headout to www.maplestorymob.com to earn your free Maple Points to spend in the game!!!

Masterem243

Smash Lord
No Spam, you tool. Besides, those commercials suck worse then anything I've ever seen!

Back on topic, plz. kthxbai.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if Pikachu's alt costumes increase his hitbox (the hat)?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Does anyone know if Pikachu's alt costumes increase his hitbox (the hat)?
First of all, alternate costumes never change the actual fighting aspects of a character. If certain costumes provide advantages over others, then they'll be people fighting over colors if they choose the same character (more so than they do now, as it'll make a difference in this situation).
And second, this is not the place to ask this question. There are character specific rooms for Brawl now, where you can ask these questions.

And back on topic. I was hoping that alternate costumes would change more than just colors in Brawl. Like, if Sonic had a "Shadow" costume, the spikes would curve upwards at the end. But it's just still changes of colors (and the occasional "extra gear" like a hat, goggles, etc.).

And I really need to get photoshop. Paint just won't cut it for these sort of things.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Dark Metaknight. I think the one in the game is better but oh well.

And here is one I am particularly proud of.

Time or some Dark Link!!!

Here is a blue Little Mac for you Punch Out lovers.

And this is the last one for now.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Woah I have to say that Dedede looks awesome in that color <hopes that could actually be an alternate color for him in Brawl> and PT looks odd but cool at the same time

Top Bottom