• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Seems like a lot of people are in denial, because they think Brawl will be like Melee.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
yes.
explainizzle
you can't just "jump" there is more to it. For JCShine they knew EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACLY What to look for. If there's a little twist like ^^that^^ to the all mighty "shine" then there will be twists for MANY more attributes to many characters. Things like the Wavelanding using attacks and tricks involving momentum dodges etc..that have yet to be experimented with.

can't beleive that needed explaining :urg:

Zink

Smash Champion
you can't just "jump" there is more to it. For JCShine they knew EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACLY What to look for. If there's a little twist like ^^that^^ to the all mighty "shine" then there will be twists for MANY more attributes to many characters. Things like the Wavelanding using attacks and tricks involving momentum dodges etc..that have yet to be experimented with.

can't beleive that needed explaining :urg:
it was sarcasm...

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
It seems Mario's being nurfed from several directions. I dont like the new ADA, but it's probably a good juggler. Slower Fsmash, but I hope it's stronger, including his other smashes. AFA doesn't just spike anymore, bad for edgeguarding (and HRC hehe). FLUDD maybe good for edgeguarding, but ppl could just go under it. And now players could grab the edge facing backwards, which could mess up a cape sometimes. His recovery worsened due to the tornado now being an aerial attack. I just hope his ABA didnt change much knockback wise. Since the FLUDD update, I have this feeling Mario will drop even more when it comes to his chances of winning a major tourney, but we'll see when the games comes out.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
It seems Mario's being nurfed from several directions. I dont like the new ADA, but it's probably a good juggler. Slower Fsmash, but I hope it's stronger, including his other smashes. AFA doesn't just spike anymore, bad for edgeguarding (and HRC hehe). FLUDD maybe good for edgeguarding, but ppl could just go under it. And now players could grab the edge facing backwards, which could mess up a cape sometimes. His recovery worsened due to the tornado now being an aerial attack. I just hope his ABA didnt change much knockback wise. Since the FLUDD update, I have this feeling Mario will drop even more when it comes to his chances of winning a major tourney, but we'll see when the games comes out.
It's okay, he can waveland with ABA apparently >_>

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
what does melee have to do with brawl? I'm exaggerating of course
You said

Melee 2.0 =/= Brawl by logic

And that logic follows

SSB 64 =/= Melee

But i think that's not totally correct. Never mind anyway

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I am pretty sure mindgames are removed, too. But since it is a different game and we don't want it to be a Melee *insert number in the domain of (1, 2]*, I think it is a great idea. Stop crying about such things being removed. Change is always good, especially when it subtracts depth. I feel like defending Brawl to the death because by some accident we will discover all these new techs that will be more awesome and more importantly DIFFERENT.

<__________________<

Zink

Smash Champion
There's no news about anything cuz our smashers are lazier than boozer on a hot day.
edit- loling at "mindgames removed"

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I really don't know what to expect from the seemingly concerned news on no L-Canceling. It really won't bother me, since I wanted this to be a different game anyhow(der). Either way, I'm happy with what I read about Ike, and I can't wait to use him. There are still so many questions that I could ask about Ike, and just the game in general, but I wouldn't know what. I just hope to read some more info soon.

As for the competitive, scene, I was kinda' worrying how that'd be, but then I realized something. There are nearly competitive scenes for every fighter. The main one that comes to mind is SFII Turbo(I think this is it). Yes...SF and Smash are TOTALLY different, but look how long SFII has been around, and it's still a competitive *** game.

I dunno, perhaps I'm rambling. I'm just super ****ing excited for Brawl.

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of disappointed in the removal of the adv techs. I really don't know what's the point of fixing something that ain't broken.

I understand the wavedashing, since the aerial dodges got a new mechanic. That's fine, but... even L-Cancel? That's just so silly. Short Hop is still present thankfully as is Fast Falling. Well, at least we'll get more competition from scrubs...

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2007/10/super_smash_bro.php

lol well i got to say... this noob reported about that game and there is one part that is quite funny....
he claims he has never played smash and that the game seemed so fast that there was no time to even take a breath... kinda of funny to hear the perspective of a noob when reports have been so far that the gameplay is much slower
After reading this it looks to me as if the only controller option is wiimote :urg:. I really don't get why nintendo's forcing people to only have 1 controller, they could at least offer CC and/or nunchuck.
Hopefully our "reporters" brought their own CC :)

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Cant someone like a MOD make a thread where no one can post.

I want all the info gathered in one spot without having to search through pages and pages of meaningless comments.

I WANT THE GOODS!

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Nice =) I hope there will be a wallpaper, like the Melee one =)

Some Impressions from Gaming Age Forum:

Played it a few times so far now.

I'm not impressed with what I played. It seems watered down and the Classic Controller is not good enough.

Maybe when I play it with the GCN controller I'll be more impressed. But it took a long time to get used to playing this game, and Pit and Meta Knight are ridiculously overpowered. Also, Zero Suit Samus is as cheap as Sheik...thank god her Final Smash is turning BACK into normal Samus... the person I played did that when I was Ike and I was like "oh thank god, you screwed up there".
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8278995&postcount=889

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
You said

Melee 2.0 =/= Brawl by logic

And that logic follows

SSB 64 =/= Melee

But i think that's not totally correct. Never mind anyway
I think there's a problem with that logic in that SSB64 was pretty much a beta for Melee, if anything. The engine for Melee is built directly off that, whereas the Brawl engine looks like a complete overhaul. I like to think of it more as SSB64 is to Hyper Fighting as Melee is to Super Turbo.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
I like how Brawl is turning out! It seems to be a whole new game! Every character looks like they can go toe to toe with each other without much of a disadvantage! From the looks of things, tier lists may be out, but who knows? It's only a demo...

And I think they're messing with our heads- I mean, Peach heavier? don't make me laugh!

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
As for the competitive, scene, I was kinda' worrying how that'd be, but then I realized something. There are nearly competitive scenes for every fighter. The main one that comes to mind is SFII Turbo(I think this is it).
Just because the game is a new iteration doesn't mean that it'll be accepted by the fighting game community. Guilty Gear Isuka was considered completely unplayable, so people ignored that until Slash and Accent Core came out. If the game is crap, the top smashers will undoubtedly stay with Melee if the game is more balanced compared to Brawl (ha ha, that's hilarious) and has overall better mechanics than Brawl (which I suspect it will).

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad they gave Bowser some love. I always enjoyed using him in Melee, but it was frustrating whenever my friends used anyone halfway decent. :/

Top Bottom