• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kamikaze

Smash Cadet
God tier:

Metaknight

Top tier:

Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
King dedede
Falco
Marth

High tier:

R.O.B
Wario
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikachu
Wolf

Mid tier:

Toon Link
Ice Climbers
Pit
Peach
Zelda
Fox
Lucas
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Ness

Low tier:

Sonic
Yoshi
Mario
Sheik
Pokemon trainer
Bowser
Ike

Bottom tier:

Samus
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Dirt tier:

Captain falcon
This is probably the best list so far.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Look, look at me, Im Chronopenguin, pay attention to me!
>.>

Metaknight
Mr. Game & Watch

R.O.B.
Snake
Falco
Marth
DDD
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Pikachu

Wario

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Pit
Olimar
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Zamus
Fox
Luigi
Peach
Mario
Ike
Sheik
Ness
Yoshi
Lucas
Toon Link
Bowser
Samus

Pokémon Trainer
Sonic
Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Snake should be second.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Look, look at me, Im Chronopenguin, pay attention to me!
>.>

Metaknight
Mr. Game & Watch

R.O.B.
Snake 2nd Highest
Falco
Marth
DDD
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Pikachu

Wario

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Pit
Olimar
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Zamus
Fox
Luigi
Peach
Mario
Ike
Sheik
Ness
Yoshi lower
Lucas
Toon Link Higher
Bowser Higher
Samus

Pokémon Trainer
Sonic
Falcon Lower then jiggs
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf higher then jiggs
My opinion.

Negative_Two

Smash Cadet
Last I checked Ike has more kill moves, far superior range, better priority, and better tourney results.
Mario has a projectile, Is less punishable, is harder to gimp, can gimp easier, and has his up tilt lock.

yeah, I also wonder why Falcon is considered the worst in Brawl.
Who is he above? Not trying to sound mean, just wanna know your opinion.

ROFL. Lucas is Bottom of low tier! ROFL!! Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Lucas is low high/high mid definitely.
What I said to Xeze. I really can't see him higher than ZSS (on Panda/DSF list)

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
No competant Ike player uses QD when an opponent is around(recovery wise). Ike's jab and Dsmash have plenty of knockback... Also tilt-stick Dair > another aerial is a "combo" Ike has. Then there is Nair > Utilt, jab > Utilt, jab > Dtilt, jab canceling and jab to grab (if you count those 2)

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Game and watch and R.O.B over snake?

Explain please. This will be good.

Posh, Snake and G&W aren't that different from each other, Retro has a better aerial game than Snake which would help him a lot more since of this games aerial focus. Snake has a good anti-air game which helps him contend to that, but his air game still isn't up to snuff.
If G&W and Snakes popularity were dead equal, you'd probably see G&W take this one.

Ya R.O.B's Iffy but in generall to the overall scheme.

R.O.B has a dam good recovery which will extend his life time where as for Snake, Beating him out of cypher isn't in actually hard, most characters will find this to be true, Snake can C4 himself to extend his lifetime, but then he's taking a risk for an uncertain reward that even if it pays off the reward will be better than dying, however how much so if you take damaging C4'ing yourself.

R.O.B and G&W also do better off the ledge than Snake which hurts him.
IMO your all sucking snakes **** because you have grown into that by now and snakes popularity helps him have the tournament results to back that up.

G&W's ground game isn't poor either, so a good air game good ground game vs a good ground game and anti-air character who's air game isn't as good.

This is from where I stand, also Snake doesn't seem to be evolving he just seems to get tournament results because of 3000 or so people rushing to tourneys with snake when around 800 or so G&W players are casually coming out.

I don't main any of the 3, I'm not playing favourites but Snake could likely fall in all of your eyes by the end of the year.

Yoshi lower
Toon Link Higher
Bowser Higher
Yoshi's progressing as a character he's not as bad as people initially thought and unless others start to grow more too, more people will start to think so by the end of the year.

Toon link probably should be, but whats the deal with him? No real buzz, no love, he's more like the tier paper weight, you throw him in High tier and guess thats going to be all right, He should be above yoshi but he's not moving where he is expected to be so that is my mistake.

Being in a Higher Tier automatically means your a cut above those around you.
Bowser is catagorized with decent characters and he's not being ignored this is most likely still due to my lack of knowledge on him T_T.

Also

I love me some Ganondorf =P but look at him, his ground game is highly punishable and his aerial game is alright, he can get away with having an acceptable air game but even if he hits like a truck, he's lagger than Falcon just with more priority. Falcon's faster, recovers better and as such can make up for his lack of priority with that, Ganondorf has tech chasing but how much is that going to matter in the long run when people realize in a defensive game like brawl, Being slow sucks, at least Ike has the range to back up his **** and stupid strength too.

This is just from my perspective though.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
if you don't know bowser can release grab ivy and charizard the same way marth can ness (it was tested against a human) however it very easy to jump break

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
sonic is actually very fast with good approach(ASC)
Woah ASC is not the majority of his approaches. it is most versatile but he has alot more variety.
but the reason sonic has difficulty killing,smash are not very fast and they are some of his best kill move
Except that Sonic relies on gimping and most of the Cp stages are walkoffs.
yes Sonic does have trouble killig but not just because of speed but bceause of the fact he cannot setup into any of them except his bair, and thats situational

However it is far from making him the 4th worst character.
his approach his seriously limited if the char as a constant grab it box move like the bite or a very spammable move like g&w dtilt
Woah another misconception.
yes constant grab boxes can cause an issue but only an idiot would continously rush into one.
Bite, Kirby's inhale, DDD's inhale yeah they can stop him, but Snoic can cancel most of his approaches and avoid it, or he can just spinshot and punish.
and another note sonic while having a awesome recovery if he his grab out of spring he will no be able to recover himself again
yeah cause Sonic is going to get grabbed during a recovery pfft.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Who is he above? Not trying to sound mean, just wanna know your opinion.
Nevermind. I just wanted to know the reasons and darkspatan117 explained them. But I personally think he is above Ganondorf, but that's just my opinion.

studly

Smash Ace
Nevermind. I just wanted to know the reasons and darkspatan117 explained them. But I personally think he is above Ganondorf, but that's just my opinion.
i think i might be against that... if you think about all the falcon mainers vs all the ganon mainers.....ganons prbbly gonna win....although im still byest for falcon...cuz im so ussed to him in melee

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
ganon his above falcon for sure his attack are way faster his forward b his better he migth have a slow running speed but his jab,uair,nair,l cancel dair, bair,usmash,ftilt,utilt are all faster than falcon move not to mention he heavier, and stronger than him he above falcon but not to much above lol

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
the first part of your super sentance doesn't make much sense and makes responding to your post harder.

Falcon's ftilt,utilt and dtilt are all faster.
Falcon's F-air is better than Ganondorf's obviously when sweetspotted, and Falcon's back air isn't too inferior to ganondorf's.

Falcon's better recover gives him a better off ledge game as well, but he cannot ganoncide, it's a trade off but I'd say Falcon gets the better deal in the end.

These two aren't much better than one another really, Ganondorf has power but some of his moves have more lag than falcons.

Falcon is faster but lacks the priority and killing power.
Ganondorf can punish mis-spaced attacks and laggy moves with straight out force.

However due to Ganondorf's speed he can't always take advantaged of his opponent because they recover before he can hit, where as falcon can slip into larger windows of opportunity due to his speed.

You could literally put them in the same exact spot on the tier list, and it wouldn't matter since really, Ganondorf has big weakness's and Falcon does too being Laggy is just like having Low priority because both make it hard to hit with. Both of their aerials are quick as well so you look at ground game more.

I could be wrong simply because Falcon could be vastly worse but moving from Ganondorf to Falcon and then back, they really don't have the same gap as Link and Toon Link do Falcon could be listed higher than Ganondorf and several lists have done so.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
at least mid low he has great option out of shield the best grab release setup in the game up air is incredibly strong fair is quite fast and long reach and has a chain grab against wario, ivy charizard but he is freaking huge and has an abysmal approach is recovery is not too hot

Gindler

Smash Champion
ganon his above falcon for sure his attack are way faster his forward b his better he migth have a slow running speed but his jab,uair,nair,l cancel dair, bair,usmash,ftilt,utilt are all faster than falcon move not to mention he heavier, and stronger than him he above falcon but not to much above lol
I just laughed when I read about Ganon's Utilt being faster than C. Falcon's. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the slowest move in the whole game.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I thought Penguins had problems running...
*pictures it*

XD

Question: If Meta Knight was worse than one character, what character would that be?

I think it would be G&W. He has no flaws other than his light weight. His priority is insane, and he has the best move in the game. He has one good recovery and good edguarding game. His throws are not bad, specially his down throw which can lead to delicious things. He has no trouble killing and approaching is very easy with the turtle.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I've been wanting to say something for a while, but I forgot. So I'll just say Mario>Ike.

I only recently picked up Mario, and I'm a long time Ike main. Even with such little time, I've noticed already. Ike has many benefits that make him very competent, but in serious play he is limited to few moves, and these moves aren't even that fast. (Except B-Air) The fact that he's limited to these moves makes stale move negation a factor too.

EDIT: Ahh, I remembered. It is that Toon Link shouldn't be that low in that one list, even if he doesn't place in tourneys due to low popularity.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting to say something for a while, but I forgot. So I'll just say Mario>Ike.

I only recently picked up Mario, and I'm a long time Ike main. Even with such little time, I've noticed already. Ike has many benefits that make him very competent, but in serious play he is limited to few moves, and these moves aren't even that fast. (Except B-Air) The fact that he's limited to these moves makes stale move negation a factor too.

EDIT: Ahh, I remembered. It is that Toon Link shouldn't be that low in that one list, even if he doesn't place in tourneys due to low popularity.
I agree with that i find toon link very low in the popularity column. Hes very effective if used correctly

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I loved the times when Toon Link was the Snake. People placed Snake in Mid tier LOL.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I like when people thought lucas was better than Ness. Haha

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wow... Actually that list is pretty good. Personally I think Ike is alittle too high, Bowser is alittle low, and Why do you keep on insisting that Yoshi belongs in the ranks of Ganondorf and Falcon! Have you even seen what a Good Yoshi can do? He doesn't belong there at all, and you should be ashamed of yourself!

Also Link and Jigglypuff is alittle high also...

Other than that, good job ;)

But seriously, 6 Months after, why do people believe that Yoshi still belongs there <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom