• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But Ike also has long lags on almost evey move, he has no projectile and his recovery is easily gimped.

Anyways, here's my n00bish take on the tier list (in no particular order)

Top Tier: Snake, MK, G&W
Very High: Marth, ROB, Falco, DDD, Wario, Olimar
High Tier: Zelda, Wolf, IC's, DK, Lucario, TL, Pikachu, Kirby, Pit
Mid Tier: Fox, Diddy, Peach, Mario, Weegee, ZSS, Ness, Lucas
Low Tier: PT, Sonic, Sheik, Jiggs, Bowser, Ike
Bottom Tier: CF, Yoshi, Samus, Ganondorf, Link

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Some people don't understand how cheap Bowser suiciding can be..

I understand Ikes slow, but I don't really think he is that bad, his neutral A attack is a kill move and its not that bad, his Bair is pretty quick to.
About Ike, those are two moves. Most other characters have more than two fast move.

And Bowser suiciding is Uber Cheapness to da max.

Tenki

Smash Hero
About Ike, those are two moves. Most other characters have more than two fast move.

N-air has little landing lag, so it's used to start ground juggles/combos.

Either way, good Ikes mindgame most of their attacks and space with F-air and N-air.

you can do jab>grab or jab-jab>grab, or just jab to test what their reaction is, and punish accordingly.

`.` either way, they try not to leave themselves open to attacks, and read their opponents' defensive reactions to gain momentum in the game. This is why Ike really isn't that good online- he's a punisher character.

KingK

Smash Apprentice

It may not be as cheap, but getting killed by DeDeDe's suicide is way more frustrating, if they pull it off.

He sucks you up and you get to watch the stuffed, overweight penguin waddle off the edge of the stage and fall to your mutual doom.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
But Ike also has long lags on almost evey move, he has no projectile and his recovery is easily gimped.

Anyways, here's my n00bish take on the tier list (in no particular order)

Top Tier: Snake, MK, G&W
Very High: Marth, ROB, Falco, DDD, Wario, Olimar
High Tier: Zelda, Wolf, IC's, DK, Lucario, TL, Pikachu, Kirby, Pit
Mid Tier: Fox, Diddy, Peach, Mario, Weegee, ZSS, Ness, Lucas
Low Tier: PT, Sonic, Sheik, Jiggs, Bowser, Ike
Bottom Tier: CF, Yoshi, Samus, Ganondorf, Link
Swap Mario's place with Weegee's (not biased). Link isn't the worst in the game either, it's a tossup between Jiggs and Falcon i'd think. Kiby could also be behind Fox?

Otherwise, not a noob list, good job. You could ask me why I think these placemtns if you want, I got reasons.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated July 29, 2008)
S: Snake, Meta Knight
A: King Dedede; Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario
B: Falco, ROB, Lucario, Donkey Kong; Olimar
C: Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Wolf, Fox, Pit, Zero Suit Samus
D: Peach; Sonic, Pikachu, Lucas, Ness, Toon Link, Zelda, Ike, Jigglypuff, Samus, Bowser, Pokémon Trainer, Luigi
E: Sheik, Link; Mario; SheikZelda, Yoshi; Captain Falcon; Ganondorf

The big list hasn't been updated yet.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Ike has 4 fast moves, which is really all he needs since pretty much everyone has 4 or 5 moves dedicated to building up damage and the rest are situational.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Yoshi < Mario. Trufax.

Ankoku's listing shows Sheik/Zelda (the constantly switching type), Zelda only, and Sheik only. So it kinda makes sense that Sheik alone isn't doing too well, considering that she can't KO worth ****.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi is better than Mario, there is no way around that. If Luigi had the tourny results he would be high tier no doubt about it. When we Luigi mainers get organized even the Snakes are going to be afraid ;)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sheik is definitely underplayed. However, i think her players tend to be good ones.

Zelda is more popular, but i think she attracts a lot of unskilled players.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wow, saying Yoshi is better than anyone is like an insult.
Saying yoshi's better than anyone without explaining your reasoning is more than an insult, it's annoying as hell.

Edit @ Luigiking: You made this same kind of post on the mario boards and I responded. Then you dodged my points and left the board. Tell why you think Luigi's "better" than mario so that I have a basis on which to shut you down.

D

Deleted member

Mario is definately better than yoshi, i dont know what frown is talking about.

Also, mario is underrated, hes pretty good.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Oh with these Yoshi complainers.... QUIET already! It's either about Yoshi, or it's off topic. I'd rather it be about Yoshi.

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
Yoshi has some nice aerials, and although they're not as balanced as the plumber's I think they can be used in more ways.

His damage moves should be taken into consideration too, considering his Bair has enough knockback that it's pretty tough to counter. His Dair... well, it explains itself, really.

gallax

Smash Hero
luigi is climbing up the list. i played some really good luigi's at FAST and it really surprised me what they could do with the green guy.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Btw, what I say =/= official SBR speak unless I say so. The Yoshi placing is based on my own personal experience, and my own personal tier list. I'd even consider him being middle of mid tier. He definitely has quite a bit of potential that is actually being tapped into.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
While it's pretty funny to see a prominent member actually backing Yoshi, I don't think he can really be placed based off potential alone. I don't think that tier lists usually have "if-then" scenarios in mind, and that's part of why characters like PT or Sonic with "potential" aren't really being placed that highly.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
While it's pretty funny to see a prominent member actually backing Yoshi, I don't think he can really be placed based off potential alone. I don't think that tier lists usually have "if-then" scenarios in mind, and that's part of why characters like PT or Sonic with "potential" aren't really being placed that highly.
Note: I pointed out that his potential is actually being tapped into right now. Other characters who I feel have potential, like Link and Jiggles, are near the bottom of my tier list. I feel they can become great characters in time, but as of now there is nobody actually using them as well as they can.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Note: I pointed out that his potential is actually being tapped into right now. Other characters who I feel have potential, like Link and Jiggles, are near the bottom of my tier list. I feel they can become great characters in time, but as of now there is nobody actually using them as well as they can.
Jiggs is underrated. >.>

*runs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom